Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default [Help] Macro to change resolution scale, but not window size.

I'm dual-boxing with hotkeynet. What I'm looking for are two macros to change the Resolution Scale (50% and 80%) of a WoW client without affecting the actual window size. I am running both WoW Clients in windowed mode at the same window size (1280x600).

So far I've found
    Code:
    /run local nr = "1024x480"; if GetCVar("gxNewResolution") == nr then nr = "640x300" else nr = "1024x480" end; SetCVar("gxNewResolution", nr); RestartGx();
    and
    Code:
    /run local nr = "640x300"; if GetCVar("gxNewResolution") == nr then nr = "1024x480" else nr = "640x300" end; SetCVar("gxNewResolution", nr); RestartGx();
    When I run these it changes the size of the window. However, I need the Window size of both clients to stay at 1280x600,
    but change the Resolution Scale from 80% (1024x480) to 50% (640x300) and opposite with the other macro.

I'm sorry I think I figured it out. I changed every gxNewResolution to RenderScale and replaced the resolution values with decimals (.8 and .5). Should I delete this thread?

New working codes
    Code:
    /run local nr = ".8"; if GetCVar("RenderScale") == nr then nr = ".07" else nr = ".8" end; SetCVar("RenderScale", nr); RestartGx();
    and
    Code:
    /run local nr = ".07"; if GetCVar("RenderScale") == nr then nr = ".8" else nr = ".07" end; SetCVar("RenderScale", nr); RestartGx();
    I made the 50% even lower to 7%. It's very blurry but the npc dialogue box shows up at the same quality as any other. I just needed to make sure my mouse broadcast is going through on both clients. For accepting and turning in quests at the same time successfully. And the lower quality will put less stress on my system. Maybe able to turn it up to 100% on the main client.

Last edited by oxalicacid224 : 08-07-2018 at 05:07 PM

Why do you need all that? If you have one macro for 50% and the other for 80%, can you not just use:
    Code:
    /console renderscale 0.5
    on one, and
    Code:
    /console renderscale 0.8
    on the other? Seems a lot less needless complexity, unless there's some other factor at work of which I am unaware.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

My friend! Ty! I was using the other code because that's all I could find online. So that's what I worked with. It does have an annoying toggle feature which isn't useful for my needs. Your code is much appreciated!

Edit1: Your code executes immediately. +Rep
    Edit2: Your code also keeps both WoW1 and WoW2 from reverting back to World of Warcraft. Lol ++Rep
    Last edited by oxalicacid224 : 08-07-2018 at 05:22 PM