Close
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 103

I set up a Jamba team with a master and had the taxi option selected. The master took a flight but the slaves still had to get their own flights.

Did you perform IWT before the master chose the flight path?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-09-2014 at 11:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Did you perform IWT before the master chose the flight path?
    I did a search and found lots of references to IWT but I can't find a reference to what it means. What is IWT?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-09-2014 at 11:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by sync00 View Post
    I did a search and found lots of references to IWT but I can't find a reference to what it means. What is IWT?
    Interface With Target

This is a biggie. If you havent already gone into your keybinds in WoW and configured your "Interface with Target" key yet, so that it matches your ISBoxer IWT, you could have a hard time doing stuff.

To take a flight path as a group*,
    1. Click on the Flight Master using your main toon.
    2. Press your IWT key, (this will make all your toons, including your main, target the FM and open the dialogue window.
    3. Click on your desired travel location.

* - this is of course, highly contigent upon your slaves actually having the flight path to go to.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-09-2014 at 11:49 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    Interface With Target
    I checked it out in the ISBoxer guide and now I recall seeing it before. I don't like the idea of enabling Click to Move in conjunction with IWT. Sometimes I target by clicking and I don't want to move when I do that.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-09-2014 at 11:50 PM

I checked it out in the ISBoxer guide and now I recall seeing it before. I don't like the idea of enabling Click to Move in conjunction with IWT. Sometimes I target by clicking and I don't want to move when I do that.
    I covered this in post 3, under the questing section. I specifically note that everyone shoud use interact with target, but only the slaves should use click to move for precisely this reason.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I covered this in post 3, under the questing section. I specifically note that everyone shoud use interact with target, but only the slaves should use click to move for precisely this reason.
    I don't understand how the master clicking on the target, but not moving, results in the slaves moving to the target. The master's click isn't broadcast to the slaves.

I don't understand how the master clicking on the target, but not moving, results in the slaves moving to the target. The master's click isn't broadcast to the slaves.
    It doesn't. You need to use the two steps together, as I said

Interacting
    With this method, you will have to make use of the Blizzard Click-to-Move and Interact With Target functions. Because not all quests are sharable, this is often the preffered method of quest gathering.

• To enable these features, go to your Blizzard Mouse Options {ESC > Interface > Game {Not Addons} > Mouse} and enable Click-to-Move on your slaves {Enabling click-to-move on the master is not advisable...nothing is more annoying than trying to click a mob and running off into the distance}.
    • Now go to Key Bindings again {ESC > Key Bindings} and look for the Targeting Functions section. Near the bottom of that section, you will find Interact With Target. Set this for everyone. I use ] for my team.
    • Finally, create a macro on all your slaves to assist your main {such as "/assist MASTERNAME" or "/assist focus"}. Put that on a bar and set a hotkey for it. I use [.
    • Now, whenever you go to a questgiver, you target it with your main, tell your slaves to assist, and then hit your interact button. Everyone should open the quest window at the same time.

To do things like interacting with a quest giver or flight master, 3 things need to happen.

1. The master needs to acquire the target.
    2. The slaves need to acquire the same target via assist.
    3. All toons must be able to get into range to be able to interact with that target, be it to loot, open a quest dialogue, open the flight master map, sell, whatever.

If you do not enable click to move with interact with target on the slaves, the slaves will not move at all and will be out of range to process the interact command. They will simply stand there and say they are too far away.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Love this guide! (Also the one for ISBoxer by zanthor.)
    I'm just trying to get my first dual boxing team set up with ISBoxer and Jamba, and these guides are a huge help to me.
    Thanks for putting in the time and effort on these!

• In your chat box enter /jamba.
    • Click the + next to Jamba in the GUI to expand the tree.
    When I do this I can't see the + and therefore can't click on it. All I see is a tiny sliver of the bottom of a red button at the top of the screen.

[edit] I had the UI scaling turned up. When I turned it back down I was able to configure Jamba.
    Last edited by sync00 : 10-12-2011 at 11:43 AM