Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 31

Default WotLK - Vault of Archavon (VoA) - Toravon the ice watcher

So this guy is a total joke. I HIGHLY recommend grabbing another boxer or 5 randoms, and doing this every week.

Did him the other day before reset with another 4 boxer and one single (the 4 boxer's wife).

Me:
    Pally (5.1k gs)
    Arcane Mage X 2 (4.9k gs)
    Druid healer (5.3k gs)
    elemental shaman (4.7k gs)

Him:
    Pally (5k gs)
    Arcane Mage (4.9k gs)
    Boomkin (4.5k gs)
    Lock (4.8k gs)

holy Priest (5k gs)

We put /tar [nodead] frozen orb in our dps macros and the fight was a complete joke.

All dps on the stairs in two groups on each side.

Stacked all my guys together, and all his and the priest together. His wife healed his tank and my druid healed mine. We were able to single heal each tank relatively easily. My druid cast wg on every cooldown, and his priest used holy nova on every cooldown. This negated the aoe damage fairly easily from whiteout and the incidental from the frozen orbs.

We each kept an eye on our dps/heal groups and only payed attention to the tanks to switch aggro every 4 stacks of the frostbite debuff. The fact that this is more or less a tank and spank with a simple tank/dps switch (that boxers are great at) makes this ideal. We strafed away from the orbs when we had to, but it wasn't too bad.

One shot it, only one death because one of my mages got messed up somehow and ran right into a frozen orb.

We then went on to smash koralon and the rest as well. With basically just badge geared groups, I highly recommend taking another boxer friend or 5 people you know and doing this every week. Papa needs some free tier 10 legs and hands!

Has anyone tried 5 boxing him with geared chars? I 5 box the naxx weekly quests no problem, be kinda cool if you could 5 box Toravon. Right now I just individually take my chars through, which is not a real problem in 10 man since you are usually the only class for drops.

Sounds promising.. Never thought about boxing him but Im gonna try it in a few mins

Ok killed him.. definitely worth a try

Oh yea group composition wasnt the best imo:

Tankadin/Holypriest/Eleshaman/Eleshaman/Warlock (all around 5100-4900 GS) + 4 Palas/DK (4900 max)

Took us 3 tries since both of us never saw the encounter before but I think thats quite good actually. With only one healer its quite hard in some situations and destroying the orbs with 3 DPS'ers only sux too but we made it

Edit: oh loot sucked btw :S
    Last edited by SideWays : 02-14-2010 at 01:30 PM

<<Grim Batol - EU>>

i tried to 10 box him the first day he was out. I got him to 50% using my paly and bear tank. The only reason i left was the guild my main shamy is in told me not to save him to the instance. I know this guy can be 10 boxed.. just spread your guys out and have your healers macros to heal both tanks. And i tried it before he was nerfed. I'm sure ill get him next reset.

I'm sick of losing T10 to scrubs anyway lol. I have one of every class.. so I'm sure ill get upgrades if I can 10 box it.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by puppychow View Post
    Has anyone tried 5 boxing him with geared chars? I 5 box the naxx weekly quests no problem, be kinda cool if you could 5 box Toravon. Right now I just individually take my chars through, which is not a real problem in 10 man since you are usually the only class for drops.
    He stacks a debuff on the tank that increases frost damage taken. So you need to tank switch to let it drop off. He also casts whiteout which puts another stacking frost damage debuff on the raid, so I'm fairly sure that you could not beat the soft enrage with just 5 characters, 2 of which would have to be tanks.

I dont think only 5boxing this is possible.. It needs too much healing..

<<Grim Batol - EU>>

Did this again the other day and figured out something that we should have figured out the first time. Apologies if this is completely obvious but we didn't figure it out until my /tar [nodead] frozen orb stuff got messed up and we had to manually target.

The frozen orbs are tauntable.

So basically just whichever tank is not tanking atm, taunts the orbs, burn burn burn, back to boss, tank switch, other tank taunts the orb, burn burn burn, back to boss, repeat, free loot.

Rated Arena Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobobb View Post
    Did this again the other day and figured out something that we should have figured out the first time. Apologies if this is completely obvious but we didn't figure it out until my /tar [nodead] frozen orb stuff got messed up and we had to manually target.

So basically just whichever tank is not tanking atm, taunts the orbs, burn burn burn, back to boss, tank switch, other tank taunts the orb, burn burn burn, back to boss, repeat, free loot.
    The way we did, me and Sideways was that his team (3 dpsers) took care of the orbs while mine was just nuking the boss. So basically it means that one team is enough to handle without "tanking it".
    This is strongly reccomended to any 2*5 boxers, we did it with just one healer, two tanks and 7 dpsers.
    Grim Batol (EU) Horde - Is Multiboxing

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobobb View Post

are you saying the /tar [nodead] was not working right?

I got him down to 23% 10 boxing today. I'm having issues switching to adds and switching tanks/heals. a few more trys and i think ill work it out. time ran out or i would still be trying. The idea of getting every drop is too tempting..i MUST kill him!
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 02-16-2010 at 03:59 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Basically, after we killed the first frozen orb, my guys all got stuck targeting it, even though there was a [nodead] modifier. Dunno why this happened.

So we just manually assisted. And here is what we decided on next time, since we know you can taunt the orbs now.

Basically I play my five guys, and he plays his five guys. We have 2 healers, and each just focuses their respective tanks, and does their aoe heals on cooldowns to negate incidental damage/whiteouts.

We will switch tanks at 4 stacks of frostbite. Whichever tank is NOT tanking currently, will target the frozen orb, and taunt it - not tank it, just taunt it so it starts running toward the tank. He will target it, and his team will kill it. They only have 130k hps so they usually die before they even reach the tank. Basically I would suggest doing it this way.

And if you were ten boxing, to simply pay attention to your two tanks, and have half of your guys assist one tank, and half the other. One healer per tank, and also does aoe heals to keep everyone topped off. One tank is always tanking, and the other when an orb pops taunts it towards him, and the three dps assisting him target it and kill it.