Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

Quote Originally Posted by Coltimar View Post
    I am going through all 10 of my toons today, not just my raiding toons. After going through my best dps and tweaking a bit, I made him worse, lol. He is Jermayne my elemental shaman. On the 80 boss dummy I can do around 3700 dps using all of my mana. I use Fur's macro from the Wiki. Maxion, I tried your shaman macro but only got around 3300 dps.
    Oh yes, my macro, heh, I guess I should go back to that post and check if it's the same macro that I use now.
    But I was more concerned about some of your other dps.
    Though, as for the shaman, make sure you have the right glyphs too.
    And make sure all your dps are hit capped (taking into account any buffs and debuffs they may usually be applying).
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

What kind of dps are you doing in heroics? Because I did this boss 2 weeks ago with another 5 boxing buddy who just dinged 80 and has a mixture of blue's and quest greens, and had no problems whatsoever. But his 3 shamans were doing 2.5-3k dps in that crap gear.

That being said, my team is very well geared as is my tank (i can easy go above 10 stacks). Using frost resist aura and equipping a couple of the 213 ilvl frost resist gear on your tank might help alot though.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Both of our dps is teh suck! I was gonna post some recount data but I dumped it by accident. In heroics my ele shaman does 3700 or so my resto shaman does 850 or so just spamming LB (I don't have to heal a lot) my destruction warlock usually comes in around 3200 and my arcane mage is around 2900.

On Toravon today my pally was about 1300 ele shaman 3500 and my mage was at 2700 (no lock today, we brought Kate instead (.

On the target dummy, heroic boss, my mage ranged between 4200-5600 dps. On an early try I got 3 17k crits in a row, lol. I basically just go through my whole mana pool.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

Actually for raiding Elemental Shaman should only be using Flame Shock, LB and Lava Burst. Don't include Chain Lightning for single target.

Heroics obviously are a different story. You want all that splash damage for multiple pulls.

Ok, but my elemental shaman is doing the best dps, lol. I'm more worried about the other toons.
    - Fursphere 2010

For the people who are doing this successfully, what's the total DPS you need to do to bring him down? I've seen people say that having 3 healers + 2 tanks (totaling 4k dps) and then another group putting out 25k dps total (5k/each) is the key.

Am I crazy? Are these people overstating it? What kind of gear is needed to reliably put out 5k dps, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    For the people who are doing this successfully, what's the total DPS you need to do to bring him down? I've seen people say that having 3 healers + 2 tanks (totaling 4k dps) and then another group putting out 25k dps total (5k/each) is the key.

Am I crazy? Are these people overstating it? What kind of gear is needed to reliably put out 5k dps, anyway?
    5k or so gearscore should be enough with the right rotation setup for most classes.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

That's what we are saying, Maxion, Our GS doesn't mean anything because our dps is low.
    - Fursphere 2010

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post

Did this guy the first week he came out, in heroic (at the time) level gear - which means no tier 10. No raid gear whatsoever except on my resto druid.

I'm fairly convinced from the posts, that most people having trouble here just need to work on their rotations. Once you get your damage to the level it should be by tweaking a few things, you'll absolutely smash this guy, and wonder why you ever had problems in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    Actually for raiding Elemental Shaman should only be using Flame Shock, LB and Lava Burst. Don't include Chain Lightning for single target.

Heroics obviously are a different story. You want all that splash damage for multiple pulls.

Where did you get this from? This is not true, you would want to use CL -- as long as your not lusted / heroed. Our rotation isn't perfect, so CL is used to close those gaps.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141