Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

I got the same /tar problem.. Its just stuck after the first kill.. I began to manually target them after this and it worked fine.. Oh and btw I dont see why theres a problem with those orbs.. Even if I forgot about them I was able to easily heal the group and the tanks with one healer (happened once during the fight^^).

<<Grim Batol - EU>>

Once you get multiple stacks of whiteout on your group, if an orb just sits in your group, it'll start doing quite a bit of damage to all your toons. It becomes unhealable at a certain point of whiteout stacks. That's why you can probably sit in the second or third one and not care, but towards the end of the fight, they can actually kill you if they sit on you for more than a few seconds.

i need to get my 2nd healer a bit more geared i think.. also its two shaman healers.. but my DPS is high.. about 4.5=7 K, so around 5.5k across the team. I got him to 17% before giving up.

Ill try your tips, Jimbo, next time, that sounds like it should work.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

There is a "trick" to this fight which lets you 1 tank it -- a DK, if they pop AntiMagicShell (AMS) while he is casting Whiteout, will not get affected by Whiteout. So you pop it during the 2nd cast of Whiteout, and you drop back to 1 stack. Same thing again on the 4th stack, etc to enrage.

So in theory you could take a mostly DK team in and keep going till enrage, you could even make them all (except tank) unholy and put pets on the orbs along with diseases.

Anyways I doubt anyone has 6-7 DKs and it would be kinda dumb from a loot point, but just fyi. If you are trying to 10 box it you can go with a single tank if that tank is a geared DK. You have to time AMS perfectly though, cast it during his cast of Whiteout but not too early since you need it on when it hits.

So does antimagic shell remove stacks of frostbite? Because that is also what tanks have to worry about

Frost Bite inflicts 975 to 1025 Frost damage every 2 sec and reduces move speed by 5% for 10 sec. 1950 to 2050 on 25-player. Stacks to 100

So by 4 stacks (when you normally switch) it:s already doing 4k every 2 seconds. He casts it pretty frequently......
    Last edited by jimbobobb : 02-19-2010 at 02:25 AM

/tar thread
    /cast Redemption

Nighthawke and I are boxing VoA 10 with 2x5. We are seriously stuck on Toravon. We haven't gotten him past 2.4 million hp after 12+ wipes. We would love some advice. We are using the strat jimbobob posted. We have a system to target the frozen orbs that works pretty well.

Here are the toons:
    Nighthawke - pally tank 5053GS about 1740 boss dps
    Lorelei - disc priest 5113 GS tank healing only
    Aeirelle - arcane mage 5093 GS 4100+ boss dps
    Kiriana - ele shaman 4880 GS 3100+ boss dps
    Shadiel - BM hunter 4864 GS 2700+ boss dps
    Coltimar - prot pally 4793 GS 1300 boss dps
    Marlun - resto shaman 4903 GS raid chain heal spammer
    Coventar - shadow priest 4644 GS 2700 boss dps
    Jermayne - ele shaman 4700 GS 3500+ boss dps
    Necrutia - destro warlock 4756 GS 3200+ boss dps

A lot of info, some of it useless (like the GS), but it gives you an idea of our team.

We are getting too many whiteout debuffs and getting smoked by Frost Nova, I think. Does anyone who does this boss a lot have any pro tips?

We are taunting at 4 stacks and try to taunt the Frozen Orbs out of the raid. We are blowing our trinkets, elementals and CD's but still can't get him much below half.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

Our setup was always two individual 4 man groups on the top of the steps. (that way a single orb would never be on everyone) One healer, 3 dps each - healer spam healed their respective tank while using aoes to keep their group up as well. the dps only assist their respective tank.

Then Toravon at basically max range, somewhere between the middle of his room and the bottom of the steps.

Basically whatever tank is not tanking has to taunt that orb the moment it spawns. If you're lucky it'll spawn on the tanks - if not you have to taunt immediately to get it off the range and moving towards the tank. That tank's group should then be killing the orb.

I see that you are using a disc priest and a shaman - if the shaman is simply casting cheal over and over, I'm guessing you have all your guys grouped up in one spot. Try splitting them up perhaps. Does the disc priest have any trouble keeping the tanks up at all?

Is the problem the fight is just going too long? So a single frost nova wipes out everyone? Are you having trouble keeping everyone topped off? Or do you randomly lose half the team to a bad frozen orb?

Looking at your dps vs. your gear-score, it looks a tad on the low side. Maybe double check that? I think my guys were all around there or lower gear-score wise when we were killing this guy, but I'm pretty sure they were all doing at least 4000dps - with almost 5k gs on all your toons, there may be some things you can do to tweak some macros and get to that.

(just double checking section!)
    frost aura!
    healing stream totems!
    guys are assisting and not getting stuck on some [nodead] macro!

Positioning is ok. We do try to get the orb as soon as it pops. We have had some issue of our taunt being on CD because of the switch, or just not targeting it easily.

The disc priest does good at keeping the tanks up. With my shaman I chain heal when need and I Riptide a tank every time I can. I also spam LB with him between orbs and whiteout, on occasion.

Everything goes well until about 50-55% (I think that's after 3 whiteouts, maybe 2) but a Frost Nova hits or an orb gets too close and we lose my group (the lesser GS team). We may need to tweak our tank healing as getting more than 4 stacks (in the rare case of a missed taunt) almost always dooms a tank.

We both use macros from this site. Mine may need to be tweaked to account for haste on new gear, etc.

Frost Aura, check! We also tried dropping Frost Resistance totem, since we have 3 shaman total.
    Healing Stream, I KNOW we have one, and I think two. I am reminded that I may need to do a better job of re-dropping the totems. Mana Tide eats my water one and Fire Eles eat the fire totems. I'll watch for that.
    We've tried both. It seems to work best when we add \targetexact Frost Orb or some variation. We both use ISBoxer so it assists the tank even if the \target fails. It seems like the dps pick up the orb faster with the target in the macro.

We may try the suggestion I have read a few times now; the tank not on the boss pick up the orb and only his group dps it down. It will take longer for it to die but we may be more sure about picking it up.
    - Fursphere 2010

When I have tanked it on my pally I think the taunting was at 3 stacks as soon as the tanks old stacks wore off.
    But it sounds like you have some serious issues with suboptimal dps.
    If I were you I'd go over the dps macros and make sure they are as good as they can be.
    All my dps characters were doing more dps than that before hitting 4k gearscore.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I am going through all 10 of my toons today, not just my raiding toons. After going through my best dps and tweaking a bit, I made him worse, lol. He is Jermayne my elemental shaman. On the 80 boss dummy I can do around 3700 dps using all of my mana. I use Fur's macro from the Wiki. Maxion, I tried your shaman macro but only got around 3300 dps.
    - Fursphere 2010