Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 31

I tried to mail my recent findings - but for some reason my messages are bouncing back. Anyways - I thought I post them here instead...

Quote from my email....

Sorry that I wasn't able to test MLB yesterday. Had some real-life stuff I had to sort out.

I now managed to try the version you sent me and I got it working with networking. Keys are being transmitted nicely.

There is one strange thing though. I setup my whitelist to accept shift+1, shift+2 and so on. Now the machine I use to type everything works. But at the same time the another machine receiving the key-strokes through network doesn't seem to realize that it is a combination.

Example:
    Machine A) which is used to type
    Machine B) which receives the key-presses

Both machines have Textpad and Textmate in launcher group.

I click shift+1 on machine A)
    -> Textpad and Textmate receive '!'
    -> Textpad and Textmate on Machine B) receive '1'

It looks like the modifier is lost during transmit.

I've setup the whitelists as identical on both machines.

I also had some strange double-keypresses until I realized I have Plexer running and happily also broadcasting...

My hosting provider upgraded servers and software Monday sometime. Had to change all my email configurations yesterday. Not that the upgrades would have forced a bounce back. Anyway I did get your email this morning. Thanks again.

I will look into both issues later today, or probably more likely tomorrow.

I just noticed your comment on the double key presses with Plexer running. That made me laugh.
    Its nice they play together

So far I like this except I can't get the keybind to toggle broadcasting to work. My understanding is that it is supposed to be Shift-Left Arrow.

This does nothing - even if MLB is the active app on my Mac and not the game or whatever.

What is the current button to toggle broadcasting on and off?

Hi there.

The toggle hot key for that is SHIFT+LEFT_ARROW. SHIFT+RIGHT_ARROW to toggle the WHITE/BLACK list on or off.
    This should work on all Keyboards, although I have not tested it on non us keyboards.
    The button on the app itself still functions though correct? Just not the Hot Hey?

Quote Originally Posted by Norrin View Post
    Hi there.

The toggle hot key for that is SHIFT+LEFT_ARROW. SHIFT+RIGHT_ARROW to toggle the WHITE/BLACK list on or off.
    This should work on all Keyboards, although I have not tested it on non us keyboards.
    The button on the app itself still functions though correct? Just not the Hot Hey?
    Yeah I can click it with my mouse and it works, but holding shift down while pressing my left arrow key does not work.

I'm using a regular American keyboard on an iMac Late 2009 fwiw.

I'll fiddle in Mac preferences with the keyboard settings and see if anything is awry there. Thanks for the quick response!

Edit: I did go in and have it re-recognize my keyboard - that did not fix the issue. It turns out that for some reason shift+left arrow doesn't work at all on my Mac for anything. For example, I can't select text a char at a time by shift+left or right arrow key, but I can select lines of text by shift+up or down arrow.
    Last edited by wowunderachiever : 02-12-2012 at 09:41 PM

Sounds like your keyboard might be at fault there.

I have not looked at the code (until today) for about a year.
    I don't even have my main mac anymore, so its hard to trouble shot.

Not the keyboard. Tried it with a regular Logitech keyboard and the one that came with the iMac.

If you ever update this program it would be great if you added the ability for the user to set her/his own hotkeys.

Anyway, thanks again for your response. Doesn't look like the problem is with MLB.

Actually I just determined that the problem IS Multi-Launch Box.

When MLB is running, Shift+Left Arrow and Shift+Right Arrow do not work on MLB as expected and they are both broken in all other applications - such as selecting one character of text at a time.

When I close MLB, I can use Shift+Left Arrow and Shift+Right arrow to select text again.

Does anyone know a good key broadcasting program for Mac? Besides the handful that are mentioned in the stickies on this site?

I can look into it, but it probably will not be real soon.
    I need to find a way to reproduce it.

Thumbs up I have a question.

Hey, so I was using your app (which by the way is amazing) for a game online on my web browser. I use Firefox so yea just information. I really dislike how I'm unable to use my mouse (cursor) for both of the screens. I do have an earlier version of the app so that may be the problem. Also I am unable to open up two instances of firefox and control both of them. If you could help that would be great thanks!