Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 31

Hi - Basic broadcasting is working ok for me (but always defaults to white list)

However window positions seem to randomly arrange/resize my windows on one machine and work fine on the other...

I can't get network support to work at all, if this worked you'd have me, I've tried disabling both machines firewall but no joy.

Hi Dozigden

Did you download the latest version, which was put up yesterday, Feb 9th?
    The current version is the version with network support. Both clients need to have Broadcasting turned on.
    I should probably add some sort on indicator that other clients are connected.

The client does default to Whitelist, I am not saving KeyFilter list selection state. To be honest that never occurred to me. I will add that to the list of changes for the next update.

The default window arrangement sets the Windows to 1024x768 and places them in the top left corner of the screen, now with the window at 22 pixels down (was a bug in the original release). If you don't 'Set Diminsions' in MLB they will default there. But since you said it worked on one machine but not another I assume then you set them correctly and something is broke. I will add that to my list of bugs to look into.

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

Hi Norrin,

Yup - pretty sure its the release from yesterday, the reason I mentioned turning the firewall off was that one machine prompted me to allow incoming connections and the other didnt, which made me think "firewall". I'll try redownloading though to be completely sure.

Thanks Dozigden

Firewall would block it for sure. being a fairly new Mac Developer (I came from the windows side of things) I am not totally sure how Bonjour handles the firewall settings.

Amjr wrote: (In the plexer thread)

Another keyboard broadcasting solution for Mac. Very nice and with network support! If Netowrk support is functional I can reduce the load of my main-Mac by off-loading two WoW-copies into laptop.

I'll try it as soon as I get home!

Does it support window-scaling positioning? One annoying thing with WoW is that it keeps it's window-settings. I've used shell-script to launch 5 copies of WoW but they will start on top of each other. My current solution is apple-script shown in some post which writes the preference-file before starting each client.

MLB does support window resizing and positioning upon launch. There is one catch, your windows are still constrained to MACs forcing of aspect ratio.

Whichever one of you guys is the first to hack the window size is gonna be my hero. Positioning is nice, but arbitrary window sizing will be epic.

I was looking into arbitrary window sizes and removing window chrome.
    I stopped researching awhile ago with lack of interest in MLB.

When my current project dies down I may pick it up again.

I have made some minor modifications to MLB.

The pop menu options where changed to be more clear. They are now Launch Application (for Launching) and Set Size and Position (for saving the Window Size and Position).

The window title now displays the version number and registration state.

Bug Fix: If Caps Lock were on, broadcasting would stop unless caps lock keys were in the key filter list. Caps Lock modifier key (NSAlphaShift) is being ignored for the moment. This will have a negative impact on the Key Filters if you add an entry for CAP_LOCK + KEY. It will ignore the Caps Lock part. Use Shift instead.

You can get the new app from the website. http://www.fivemasted.com/MLB%20APP/...nchBox.app.zip

I would like to thank Aki for his feedback.

hmm i might take a peak at this, i have been using plexer for quite some time now, so i cant say that im not fond of it, so we will see how this compares, anyhow thanks for the network support link.

I used Plexer for a while too. Its a great app. But being a developer the challenge of making a launcher (then network support) was almost more fun then actually using the app. Almost