Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 25
    Blog Entries

Normally, when you switch leaders, it runs a mapped key (or sends a Keybind to all windows).
    In your case the mapped key it used to run turns on follow or strobe follow.

You need to change from Follow/JambaMaster or Strobe/JambaMaster on a switch to:
    - Slot 1 is Leader
    - Slot 2 is Leader
    - Slot 3 is Leader
    - Slot 4 is Leader
    - Slot 5 is Leader

Each toon (determined by their slot) runs one of these mapped keys, when they become the leader.
    The mapped key, in addition to the formation stuff, runs a mapped key.

Change it, so the mapped key it runs is JambaMaster, and not one of the auto follow Jamba options.

TLDR:
    You have either follow or strobe follow, auto-enabling on a switch.

You need to change this so no follow action is done on a switch.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thanks Ualaa, that was it and my noobishness.

Decided I'd given ISBoxer a good try this weekend and loving it so far.( I used you as a referral and bought a 1-year subscription)

I have IWT implemented and its hilarious. I can send my alts to IWT with a player or a mob and they'll just dance circles around it and stab it to death. Makes me want to roll a melee group now for wicked fun.

I'm think that would be handle for nasty rogues that get in my group. Just run circles around em, they'll never hit me while I stab / flame shock / thunderstorm / magma / nova them to death.

The next thing I'm working on is to get my dynamic formation group to toggle strobing on / off. I fiddled around with it but haven't made it work the way I want to.

Basically I want to hit and hold-down my up-arrow key once, which will disable strobing and do the formation. Strobing will be disabled until press up-arrow again.

I have a version of it working, but it requires me to press the key multiple times.

Perhaps I should just go strobeless and put follow on a keybind. Is that what most people do, especially for arena?

I really like strobe, as I don't have to think about hitting my follow key anymore, but at the same time its a pain.

Having follow on a convenient keybind it becomes second nature, muscle memory and all that, so you don't even think about doing it eventually, it just works the way you want it to.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Blog Entries

For the longest time, I used strobe.
    But Jamba had that bug for a while, where you would start to follow a previous leader when in combat.

At that point, I took strobe out of the set up.
    And bound normal follow to a mouse thumb button.
    I had to regroup a few times, while I got used to this change.
    But it is second nature now... muscle memory is a good term.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).

Any chance this will be added to isboxer by default? I keep reading over it and it's like a diff language atm.. lol, it took me 6 hours to get my click box to work correctly while sitting in chat trying to get help.

Im just afraid I am going to mess something up again like last time.

Blog Entries

What is added is up to Lax.

This is pretty basic, at least fundamentally.
    a) Create an Action Target Group (ATG), one group for each of the directions you want toons to move.
    b) Create a Spread-Out/Formation mapped key, with those ATG's as the targets.
    c) Create Slot-Specific mapped keys, which place toons in the ATG's on a switch.

Implementation is a bit harder, but isn't too hard.
    You can backup your configuration, and load the backup if anything undesireable occurs.

For a formation or movement, you need to figure out which groups a given slot can be in.
    And then remove every slot from any group it can be in, in the Slot-Specific switch keys.
    And then add the other toons to the ATG's, but not the active toon on each switch mapped key.
    Then just run the switch mapped key, instead of the default (under character sets).

For Example: 3-Box V shape
    Since two toons move, while one remains stationary, we need two movement ATG's, G1 & G2.

The dynamic movement key:
    - Sends 'S' or down arrow, to G1 and G2.
    - Sends 'Q' to G1.
    - Sends 'E' to G2.
    - Needs to be set, 'Hold keystroke actions while key is held' to 'On'.

And the Logic:
    When toon A leads:
    - Toon B, Group 1.
    - Toon C, Group 2.

When toon B leads:
    - Toon A, Group 1.
    - Toon C, Group 2.

When toon C leads:
    - Toon A, Group 1.
    - Toon B, Group 2.

Therefore, A will only ever be in Group 1, B can be in Group 1 or Group 2, and C is only ever in group 2.

The mapped key A runs, when it becomes leader:
    - Removes A from G1, Removes B from G1, Removes B from G2, Removes C from G2.
    - Places B in G1, Places C in G2.

The mapped key B runs, when it becomes leader:
    - Places A in G1, Places C in G2.

The mapped key C runs, when it becomes leader:
    - Places A in G1, Places B in G2.

In addition to the dynamic groups, the mapped key will run the JambaMaster, for group master updates.
    You do not want it to run, JambaFollow or JambaStrobe, since those will break the formation.

You could easily adapt this for a 5-toon formation.
    I'd probably go with the dynamic groups, as set up in the initial post.
    All that changes is the movement or formation mapped key, depending on which Slots you want to move, and where you want to move them.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 04-06-2010 at 06:36 PM

Maybe this has already bee discussed before, but I came up with some something useful.

I wanted my slaves to do IWT to turn to the mob / opponent but stay at their current location.

So I create a new keymap with two actions.

On the first step, it does IWT. On the second step it does the "s" or backwards key.

The keymap is set to "Do step on key press and key release"

By doing this, I can hit my keybind (which is Mouse 5 and my Follow/Jamba master is on Mouse 4 ) and make all the slaves face the opponents and stay still. Very very handy.

Moreover, if I want the slaves to move toward the opponent, I just delay releasing the button. Once I release, they stop immediately.

I found this to be extremely useful in heroics and PvP where some times the slaves get turned the wrong way.

By having this new function bound to Mouse 5 and Follow/JambaMaster bound to Mouse 5, I can easily control the movement and actions of my slaves.

I also have the dynamic formations setup on my arrow keys along with group strafe left and group strafe right. Overall, this is turning out to be very effective.

Ualaa - this is perfect for my needs also, thank you so much for sharing. I really want to add this to my setup.

Here's the issue: The way you laid it out makes perfect sense, but being new to Innerspace I am having a really hard time translating your outline into the actual code from ISBoxer toolkit. I am just staring at the interface in Toolkit, getting totally lost.

Is there any way you'd be willing to post some code snippets or possibly some screen shots that would help newbs such as me?

If not, it's cool, with a little more experience and more study into your posts, I am sure I will get it.

-and- secondly: Multi-computer setup here, any thoughts if this would be doable with that kind of configuration? It relies on Character Sets running on each PC versus one Character Set with slots on a single PC.
    WoW - Kil'Jaeden: Aerron (Paladin) Legion of Boom
    Warhammer Online - Azazeal server, Erron 25 White Lion, 3x Bright Wizards
    Age of Conan - Wiccana Server "Atmos" 6x Tempest of Set (Sacrafice to Set)
    Vanguard - Xeth Server "Erron" Paladin, Cleric, 3xSorcerers (Followers of Erron)
    Star Wars Galaxies - Bloodfin Server since 2004, Elder Jedi +4 Jedi apprentices

The difference when using multiple PCs is that you can't put it on the window switch functionality because there's no window switching.

You can still get the same thing, though. For example, you can make "slots" out of Action Target Groups just by placing one Character from each Set in an ATG to signify each slot. Call them "slot1" "slot2" and so on, then put your guy from PC1 in the slot1 group, the guy from PC2 in the slot2 group, etc. Then you can have exactly what Ualaa described, except that your "x toon is master" mappings need hotkeys, and instead of selecting "Slot:1" you use the equivalent groups. Technically only one hotkey is needed, but it's easier to set it up by putting a different hotkey on each of those keys.

To set it up for single hotkey, the trick is to use a virtual mapped key. You'd create a Mapped Key with the hotkey, which just has a Do Mapped Key Action. This Do Mapped Key Action would perform a virtual mapped key, with the Target being Window:Current (self). The virtual mapped key itself is just another mapped key with nothing required (no hotkey, no actions), but you could add a Popup Text Action to it in case you forget to virtualize it for some character, then you could get a visual warning. Then you go to each of your Characters and click on Virtual Mapped Keys, and set it up so that the two boxes there for your virtual mapping read something like this: "virtual i am leader" is now "slot1 is master" (where the first one is your empty mapped key, and the second one is the individual master change used by that toon). When you press the Hotkey, it's going to read that and perform "slot1 is master" if you're on that guy, "slot2 is master" if you're on the next guy, and so on. Same hotkey on all.

Similarly, for people who play on 1 PC, the virtualized mapped key can be used for all Slots in your Character Set instead of selecting the slot 1 master, slot 2 master, slot 3 master, etc individually per Slot.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post

My Dynamic Spread-Out mapped key is bound to Shift Tilde; this is in the General Keymaps.
    Holy Any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is Held is set to On.
    It is one step, sending:
    - W + Q to my NW group.
    - W + E to my NE group.
    - S + E to my SE group.
    - S + Q to my SW group.
    Does this mean keystrokes "W" and "Q" are sent to the NW group simultaneously (so the character moves diagonal) at a press of shift+tilde? This pretty much applies to the rest of the groups. Technically, is this a square formation (instead of diamond)?
    Last edited by emps : 04-28-2010 at 04:45 PM
    "Patchwork should not be allowed in a BG"