Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Unhappy Easy setup guide to get going?

I just downloaded Hotkeynet onto the two computers I want to box with. My intention is to have 2 versions of wow running on my main server PC and another on the not as awesome, slave, client PC. So I set it up that the two computers are linked and now am completely stumped with how to continue.

I have been reading and going over the setup guides on the HKN site, and looking through threads here and am completely stumped and have no idea what to do. Reading the scripts are like Swahili to me, I don't know what I am supposed to change , and the stuff HKN spits back at me makes no sense to me. I'm a computer layman. I dabble at best.

I knew powerleveling with RAF wasn't as easy as it sounded... anyone know where I can find a guide TO the guide, step by step, SUPER easy. I want it to hold my hand, or if someone can tell me where I can go as a reference to decipher all the stuff I don't understand. Thank you so much.

Hi, first place I recommend (after looking at the hkn website) ist the HKN-Guide on this forum: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=16177 .
    But since you said you have looked at all the guides, I think it wasn't much help for you.

I could try to create an working script for you, but to do this I would need some Informations:

1. What are the IP-Adresses of your PCs?
    2. Where should the WoWs be started from (the pathes on each pc)?
    3. How would you like the window-layout to be?
    4. What keys do you want to boradcast (A-Z, 0-9, ...) ?

If you would be so kind to answer the questions, I could try to create a fitting script for you.

Another possibility (if you only need straight broadcasting of keys and mouse is to have a Look into Mojo (which is the curren project of the HKN developer), which has a graphical Interface and is quite easy to setup.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Talking

Thanks so much. I will look into that too. This is all very new to me so I'm really confused...

So there will be 2 WoWs running on the master computer and one on the slave computer.

The IP address of the server computer is 192.168.1.135 and the slave computer is 192.168.1.24

On the master computer the path to WoW is C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\wow.exe if you wanted the executable file, of not that's how you get to the World of Warcraft Folder. On the slave computer its C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe

The layout usually is I have one on the master computer that I play on with a minimized window behind and the slave computer just running across the room. I'm not super sure what you mean by this one.

Keys to broadcast probably the F keys (F1-F12) or the 0-9 keys, Although things like running, jumping, looting and so on I'm not sure about... also... does this make all the characters auto answer npcs and stuff?

Thank you so much for your help. I hope I got everything together right. You rock.

I'm going to sound like an ISboxer salesman but if you're a newb to multi boxing grab ISboxer and save yourself many headaches... There's a 7 day free trial also before you lay down any coin.

It allows you broadcasting on multiple pc both mouse/keyboard and that's really just scratching the surface of its power. I can't even imagine multi boxing without it now.

Hi!
    Sry for the delay!

You may try the following script in HotkeyNet:

Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    // DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES.
    <Label w1 192.168.1.135 SendWinM WoW1>
    <Label w2 192.168.1.135 SendWinM WoW2>
    <Label w3 192.168.1.24 SendWinM WoW3>

// SUBROUTINE TO LAUNCH AND RENAME A COPY OF WOW.
    <Command LaunchAndRename>
       <SendPC %1%>
       <Run %2%>
       <RenameTargetWin %3%>
       <RemoveWinFrame>
       <SetAffinity all>

// SUBROUTINE TO Position Windows
    <Command ResizeAndPosition>
       <SendPC 192.168.1.135>
          <SendWinM WoW1>
                <SetWinRect 0 0 1280 1024>              
          <SendWinM WoW2>
                <SetWinRect 860 1000 320 256>
                <AlwaysOnTop on>  
       <SendPC 192.168.1.24>
          <SendWinM WoW3>
                <SetWinRect 0 0 1280 1024>              

// HOTKEY TO LAUNCH AND RENAME YOUR WOW WINDOWS while 3 boxing
    // Please configure the Path correctly
    <Hotkey Alt Ctrl L>
      <LaunchAndRename 192.168.1.135 "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\wow.exe" WoW1>
      <LaunchAndRename 192.168.1.135 "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\wow.exe" WoW2>
      <LaunchAndRename 192.168.1.24 "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\wow.exe" WoW3>
      <ResizeAndPosition>

// DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
    // SENT TO ALL WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
    <KeyList MyList A-Z, 0-9, Enter, Tab, Oem4, Space, Comma, Oem6 except W, A, S, D, Q, E>

<Hotkey MyList; Shift MyList; Alt MyList; Ctrl MyList>
           <SendLabel w1, w2, w3>
                <Key %Trigger%>

<MovementHotkey up, down, left, right>
               <SendLabel w1, w2, w3>
                <Key %Trigger%>

<hotkey pause>
        <sendpc local>
        <ToggleHotkeys>
    for this to get running you need to do the following:
    1. Start HKN on your server and your slave-pc (if you use vista or win7 you might need to run them as admin)
    2. Connect the two HKNs (see: http://hotkeynet.com/p/doc2.html)
    3. Load the above script on both HKNs

Now with pressing 'Ctrl + alt + L' HKN should start the 3 WoWs you want to play (2 on the server 1 on the slave), and position them (for this to work you need to run all WoWs in Windowed-Mode by default). The correct screensizes and positions can you alter, if you change the <SetWinRect> lines in the <Command ResizeAndPosition>-Command.

After all HKNs are started all normal Keys should be broadcasted to all three WoWs, with the exclusion of the w,a,s,d,e,q which can be used to control the Master Toon only. If you want to change the keys which are broadcasted, simply edit the <KeyList MyList A-Z, 0-9, Enter, Tab, Oem4, Space, Comma, Oem6 except W, A, S, D, Q, E>.

If you want to pause broadcasting you can hite the 'pause'-key.

I hope the above script works for you, if you have any questions fell free to ask...

For loting/accepting quests/talking and such a think you might have a look at 'interact with target' (IWT) and the addon 'Jamba' (simply do a quick search on both), as they can help you quite a lot!
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Sweet! I will definitely try this out when I get the other computer back up. Right now I have been running 2 wows on the one computer and just questing and that seems to work out pretty well. If I wanted to just do it on the one computer would I use the same script and just remove the part about "<Label w3 192.168.1.24 SendWinM WoW3>" from the script?

Thanks soooo much.

As for the pay service, it sounds awesome (I was thinking about trying it in my travels) but I'm only doing the dual boxing for a little while. If I get addicted to having more than one I will definitely give it a look into.

It's not an ez guide but the scripts I use for AION (2 boxing) and WOW (5 boxing) have comments and can maybe inspire you

http://www.smileyouareontv.com/softw...tkeynet-script

If you want something easier you can also soon give Mojo a try (but it's not quite ready for prime time yet; soon)
    5,8,10 boxing wow with Wow Open Box and MAMA, give them a try!
    (was 8 Boxing Wow with HotKeyNet and ISBoxer)
    Join many boxers playing Classic on US PvP Alliance: <Epic>@Blaumeux
    Was streaming on twitch.tv/MooreaTv