Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Rogue Macro

Default Rogue Macro

Hi

I'm trying to setup a macro for my rogue but i' m really in trouble , actually simply because i don't know the rogue...

Button1
    /castsequence reset=target Sinister Strike,,,,Shiv,,,

Button2
    /castsequence reset=target Envenom ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Button3
    /castsequence reset=target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Rupture ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Button3
    /castsequence reset=target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Slice and Dice ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Button4
    /castsequence reset=target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Eviscerate ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Button5
    /castsequence reset=target ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Expose Armor ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

This is the basic idea:
    the button 1 get the combo point then the others use it

Theoretically should works but actually the energy gain rate affect the sequence

Any suggestion ?

I haven't played my 80 rogue in about a year, but will try to help.

Setup varies a little per spec @ lvl 80, but leveling 1-79 its basicly spamming Sinister Strike.

At lvl 80, your rotation is based off your spec thus your macros will need to fit to that rotation.

COMBAT spec is something like:
    /castsequence reset=target Sinister Strike(),Slice and Dice(), Sinister Strike(),Sinister Strike(),Sinister Strike()

That willl get you a 1-combo point slice and dice, then 4-combo points slice and dice thereafter until the mob is dead.
    So you're spamming yellow dmg + normal white damage w/haste all the time. And no need for the /click macro.

I doubt this is the ulimate Combat macro, but its a good start imo. Might be able to work in Eviscerates into the rotation - but its important that Slice and Dice is always up (majority of rogue damage is from white combat, haste=more white damage).

SUBTLETY spec would be a lot like Combat rotation, except with Hemorrhage (I think, not up to speed on that lastest DPS, might be SInister Strike is now better than Hemorrhage).
    /castsequence reset=target Hemorrhage(),Slice and Dice(), Hemorrhage(), Hemorrhage(), Hemorrhage()

ASSASSINATION spec is more complicated, but to start I'd use this basic macro:
    /castsequence reset=target Mutilate(), Slice and Dice(), Mutilate()

Eviscerate, Envenom, Rupture, & Expose Armor are only needed if it'll increase your DPS overall. If Slice and Dice isn't on the rogue, then none of the other combo-point abilities should be used until SnD is back up. Anything further, you'll need to do research on what abilities you should activate before we can work it into a macro.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...?forumId=10020
    Aenar• °draenei paladin°
    Benzites• •Colatas• •Darzok• •Ebers
    ±± quad-shaman ±±
    « Space Goats »

There are no really good rogue macro's because of how energy and combo points work. Combat is most easy to model , but you suffer on the dps front when switching targets. The way I've done it is using a /click macro to click 2 buttons:

Opener: /castsequence reset=combat sinister strike, sinister strike, slice and dice, null
    OR: /castsequence reset=combat,target sinister strike, sinister strike, slice and dice, null

This will start up slice and dice after you enter combat. Keep in mind that SnD is not a target-specific buff, so it carries over from target to target. The problem is, that if you reset the macro on both combat and target, your dps will hurt from reapplying SnD instead of eviscerating, and if you don't, you risk getting 1- and 2-point eviscerates, not having combo points to execute SnD etc. Overall the non-target macro seems to give me higher DPS, but it's a matter of preference I guess.

The next macro:

DPS: /castsequence reset=combat sinister strike, sinister strike, sinister strike, sinister strike, sinister strike, eviscerate, sinister strike, sinister strike, sinister strike, slice and dice

Which is a 5-point eviscerate followed by a 3-point SnD. On a target dummy this will enable 5-point eviscerates without SnD ever falling off - however the problem, as mentioned above, is target switching. You can reset this macro on target also. Try both and see which works better.
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

Resurrecting this thread.

Could a 2 button click macro work here? I'm thinking one that is designed to cycle slice and dice on its own timer (i.e., no target reset) followed by an eviscerate sequence that would reset based on the target.

Code:
    Clickbutton1
    Clickbutton2

Button 1:
    /castsequence reset=5 mutilate, mutilate, slice n dice,,,,
    (enough commas to last a 4 or 5 point snd duration)

Button 2:
    /castsequence reset=5/target mutilate, mutilate, eviscerate
    (possibly envenom for some mobs?)
    I haven't tested as yet but plan to. Thoughts?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

It works. One problem I've noticed is that a missed mutilate can mess things up. I think I may have missed 2 in a row during the second sequence so had no combo points up and was stuck on eviscerate. It reset after the initial macro for slice and dice re-queued. My rogue's dps is awful (she's in all PvP gear too) but I saw about a 400 to 500 DPS increase from 1400 to about 1900.
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE

Quote Originally Posted by Greythan View Post
    It works. One problem I've noticed is that a missed mutilate can mess things up. I think I may have missed 2 in a row during the second sequence so had no combo points up and was stuck on eviscerate. It reset after the initial macro for slice and dice re-queued. My rogue's dps is awful (she's in all PvP gear too) but I saw about a 400 to 500 DPS increase from 1400 to about 1900.
    This is why you make sure to be hit capped for special abilities for the content you are doing (PvP vs heroics vs raiding hit cap).
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest