Close
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Showing results 61 to 70 of 70

Thanks to Slatters I've gotten past this boss for now (always a bonus having other 5-boxers on your realm).

There's a couple of improvements I could make to my team that might help, so I'll come back to try him out again later.
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

This boss is ripping my 5x paladin team apart - I don't seem to understand the mechanics of him or something.

When he does the mirrored soul thing I stop attacking and move it out of the consecrate patches - that's good.

But then when there's something else it casts - it's like my reflexes are for crap because I just can't seem to move right and get out of the way or whatever I'm supposed to do.

Of course, I'm - in my opinion - not outgearing it at all (literally every bit of plate he drops would be an upgrade) - so it's going to be a fight that requires solid performance without any mistakes in order to take him down. I guess I can keep getting an easy badge every run from Bronjahm until I get enough badges to buy the gear that will make this easy.

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post
    This boss is ripping my 5x paladin team apart - I don't seem to understand the mechanics of him or something.

When he does the mirrored soul thing I stop attacking and move it out of the consecrate patches - that's good.

But then when there's something else it casts - it's like my reflexes are for crap because I just can't seem to move right and get out of the way or whatever I'm supposed to do.

Of course, I'm - in my opinion - not outgearing it at all (literally every bit of plate he drops would be an upgrade) - so it's going to be a fight that requires solid performance without any mistakes in order to take him down. I guess I can keep getting an easy badge every run from Bronjahm until I get enough badges to buy the gear that will make this easy.
    Kate,

It certainly is a busy fight for an all-melee team with a lot to watch out for. The wowwiki article on him is a good one which goes through each of the attacks and it's definitely a fight that'll have you moving around a lot. Short of grossly out-gearing it, for an all melee team too you pretty much can't afford even one mistake.

That said though, there's nothing he does thats strictly un-meleeable so with enough practice it's doable.

One option you may want to consider is to get some help pushing your team past this guy. Pit of Saron (normal) i219 weapons upgrades for the Rets (from the Forgemaster) - this boss being eminently farmable even without good gear. The weapons upgrades would then make a huge difference to the teams DPS output allowing you to put down other content much more easily.

To get past the Devourer, you could (if you know another tank) get them to tank it, while you just push the Rets through on DPS and heals and then queue the tank in a pug group.

And farm Bronjahm - like over and over if you need to, that boss drops an i219 1h-mace for the Prot that you'll keep right up until doing Halls of Reflection on Heroic mode. Since it's non-heroic you can just reset repeatedly till it drops (dropped for me after 3 runs).
    ...for when one toon just isn't enough...

Horde Caelestrasz Multiboxer:
    Team1: 5xPaladin....Level 80 - Heroic gearing completed. WTB [Frost Badge] pst pls.
    Team2: 1xPaladin/4xShaman....Level 80 - On Hiatus, Awaiting Cata.

Contact on: Nevergonna on Realm Caelestrasz (Horde)

Caelestrasz Horde: 5 Active 5 Boxers and counting.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by kate View Post

I struggled really bad with my all-pally team on normal, my rets died in 30-50 seconds the first 6 times. Managed to reset her so the tank could ress, saved some running that way. Gave up first night after 8 very unsuccessful tries.

Did two more tries on the same theme next day, then I refocused and just tried to run around in circles and see how it'll go. "/jamba-follow strobeonme all" made it easier. Stayed alive 2-3 minutes and did some small damage this way. But I finally got a feel for her rhythm and abilities.

Third try I lost one ret after 4 minutes but just kept on kiting her, up the stairs, jump in the middle, let her path, mouse turn, hit a few times, run away and insta-flash heal - after 9 min 36 sec she was down and 4 pallies had full health and plenty of mana still. It was ugly, but I got my pass to Garfrost and started to collect hammers. Life's going to be easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by uffela View Post
    I struggled really bad with my all-pally team on normal, my rets died in 30-50 seconds the first 6 times. Managed to reset her so the tank could ress, saved some running that way. Gave up first night after 8 very unsuccessful tries.

Did two more tries on the same theme next day, then I refocused and just tried to run around in circles and see how it'll go. "/jamba-follow strobeonme all" made it easier. Stayed alive 2-3 minutes and did some small damage this way. But I finally got a feel for her rhythm and abilities.

Third try I lost one ret after 4 minutes but just kept on kiting her, up the stairs, jump in the middle, let her path, mouse turn, hit a few times, run away and insta-flash heal - after 9 min 36 sec she was down and 4 pallies had full health and plenty of mana still. It was ugly, but I got my pass to Garfrost and started to collect hammers. Life's going to be easier now.
    Grats!
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Default Easy Melee Strat.

I finally found an easy way for melees to do Devourer. There are stands(?) around the dungeon with 4 skulls. There is a big one behind the Devourer. Go around it, hug the wall to the platform. Jump on the stand from the platform. It will not leap with Well of Souls. It will cast Wailing Souls, the laser that sweeps the room, at about 50%. Bubble or jump off and run.

There are 3 variations on this. Its best if you move with the 2 mouse buttons down and just let go after jump.
    1. Jump on the stand and aggro.
    2. Range aggro. As it comes up the stairs, run and jump. It will go back down, only if you dont let it come all the way back up. I don't know if it will jump to the stand from the platform. I never stay long enougn. I know that it will jump from the floor to the platform.

these 2 never worked for me because a slave will always miss the jump. Whether I tap space 2x or spam it.

3. this is the long way but works.
    Set the slaves on the platform ready to jump. Set tank at max distance with range fire ready. Swing the camera facing the hall. Fire aggro, right click to move to the hallway to reset. Quickly switch to slaves, move, jump 1 by 1. Now get the tank back. It will respawn right before the tank jumps.

Then its just tank and spank.
    Also, i think because the toons are inside it(clipping?), Wailing Souls will hit no matter which way its facing.
    Last edited by lightstriker : 09-09-2010 at 12:40 AM

I also posted one for Trollgore. not anyone really needs.
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthrea...972#post293972

I was having trouble keeping people alive for this fight and I decided to go slow and steady. I went 4 resto druids and 1 tank druid and it made it really easy to avoid damaging people with the mirrored soul. It took awhile but it was super safe.

did you try the door trick on the prievious page? Your tank has to self heal until a third Soul of any kind. No movement, tank and spank.

Ok for ranged after three resets i figure out the place you need to stand and put your ranged toons. Below is a pic so as to make it easy for you to know where to set up. Remember lots of agro from the tank. When he casts first mirror image stop tanks dps heal wait then taunt and attack, Bring your tank to where mine is. Then you can dps the heck out of him. Hope the SS helps out.

They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.