Close
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 70

Default Wotlk - ICC - Forge of Souls - Devourer Of Souls

Tired of seeing him in the broham thread. So heres his thread now.

Phantom Blast - Inflicts 11,700 to 12,300 Shadow damage.Mirrored Soul - The Devourer of Souls mirrors the targets soul! A percentage of damage from the Devourer of Souls is being mirrored with you.

Well Of Souls -The Devourer of Souls leaps towards a target, slamming the ground creating a Well of Souls. Inflicts 2925 to 3075 Shadow Damage.

Unleashed Souls - The Devourer of Souls is releasing tormented souls periodically.

Wailing Souls- Lets loose Wailing Souls, inflicting 4,875 to 5,125 Shadow damage to anyone infront of her (Chick Face)

I recommend starting off with the group spread to minimize shadow damage done to multiple targets.
    Start the fight and I recommend holding heroism or bloodlust until he begins to cast the first unleashed souls (If you have it).

The basics are to quickly move your characters out of the purple void areas it will do a significant amount of damage. You must be weary of the Wailing souls, its nearly instant death if you get in the way. Devourer will start the fight off and begin to first cast a mirroed soul, pause DPS here its a short duration. Following on will be well of souls, you need to have the persons moved out of the way prior to this the leap hurts.

The best time to max dps is during unleashed souls, a bunch of untargetable but killable adds spawn. (Great time for fire ele's and fire nova if your a shaman group). You should get another mirrored soul after this, and then he will being to do Wailing souls. Its *VERY* important to move out of this, if you hug close to the devourer during this face you can duck through once you figure out the face is going to stop and start casting. this has helped me alot.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Rated Arena Member

This guy is cake too. You don't really need to spread out at all. I just keep my guys on follow the entire time. The moment I see Mirror Soul I jump and stop DPS and keep moving till I see him do well of souls. Heal up and DPS to the max during this part which is usually Unleashed or Wailting souls. Rinse and repeat. I think he's even easier then Broham.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

I keep my team on follow throughout too, just stop dps for the mirrored soul, move out of the puddles and move out of the way of wailing souls. I find it very useful to have the tanks view zoomed right out to see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gares View Post
    This guy is cake too. You don't really need to spread out at all. I just keep my guys on follow the entire time. The moment I see Mirror Soul I jump and stop DPS and keep moving till I see him do well of souls. Heal up and DPS to the max during this part which is usually Unleashed or Wailting souls. Rinse and repeat. I think he's even easier then Broham.
    jesus .. i did it the "complex" way before => caster spreaded out .. move only the caster that gets stomped out of the zone and stuff ... so much easyer with toons just on followOo .. makes the "bitchragebeamofdeath" phase easyer espacally
    quad shamans (and a bear!)

In this video, what is the addon called that makes a sound when he does Mirrored Soul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBmjreiPvs

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzes View Post
    jesus .. i did it the "complex" way before => caster spreaded out .. move only the caster that gets stomped out of the zone and stuff ... so much easyer with toons just on followOo .. makes the "bitchragebeamofdeath" phase easyer espacally
    I've found that to be generally the case for puddle-management, game-wide. I do it with strafe keys though, and only follow through certain weird encounters (Ick and Crick's mines, Drakkari Colossus). I did the entire game to 80 + heroics before I realized that it's a hell of a lot easier to strafe everyone out of one puddle, than directly move one toon out.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Nemis79 View Post
    In this video, what is the addon called that makes a sound when he does Mirrored Soul?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEBmjreiPvs
    Deadly Boss Mods

So I finally got to this encounter yesterday. Not as bad as I was expecting.

One thing that helped me out a lot was positioning of my shaman. I would stack them up on top of each other, facing straight ahead (the direction you're facing when you come into the room), on the right-hand side just as you enter the room. Then, each time he would do well of souls, all I had to do was strafe the team left - no thinking about it, just strafe. There was plenty of room to kill him before my toons reached the left wall.

This "right-to-left" is also the correct direction to deal with _wail_ of souls. Just strafe left through it and you will take minimal damage.

I found this much better than the follow method. I was spending too much time repositioning the team after well of souls. As soon as he jumps for the well, I strafe left for like 1/2 second and then back to DPSing/healing.

I found SP aura to be best. By FAR the most damage your tank with take is from phantom blast. Phantom blast can be interrupted with wind shear/CS, but grounding totems seem to be ineffective (can I just call BS on all these encounters with spells that aren't affected by grounding? really original, way to go blizzard!)
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Danos View Post
    I keep my team on follow throughout too, just stop dps for the mirrored soul, move out of the puddles and move out of the way of wailing souls. I find it very useful to have the tanks view zoomed right out to see what's going on.

Just bind keys to strafe your team, leaving them on follow your going to lose a ton of DPS. I keep my entire team grouped up and on the right side of the room. Tank him in the middle and when he drops the ground affect just strafe to the left till your clear. rinse and repeat.
    Zod
    Solo on Vashj horde side
    I got tired of just playing with myself

It seemed to me that on PTR and the first night of Live grounding totems were eating Phantoms Blasts, but no more.

Something I tried with Warlocks was also using Shadow ward to reduce the damage. I just cleared this one early this morning for the first time using the follow method on Non Heroic mode.
    I tried Heroic last week but could not down first boss due to the healing effect and not having enough dps to brute force him down, it seemed that the healing orb was immune to something I was hitting it with, destro locks were my main dps.
    This morning I dropped in my arcane mage when i cleared it, so now back to clear it with my hunter who still has the quest lol