Close
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 70

Quote Originally Posted by Seldum View Post
    I got my ass wooped so bad last night by the Devouer of Souls.

I have done this fight on several occasions with my tank running in a PUG, but he just kicked my butt.

I'm gonna try the follow strategy and I "only" tried him 5 times last night.

On normal.

1 try: 55 seconds then wiped
    2 try: Lost healer almost instantly.... wiped 54 secons
    3 try: 1 m and 15 seconds - lost the healer but rezzed him while one of the dps healed the tank - lol
    4+5 Viped to the "Beam of death and pain" where you are suppose to run behind him.

On a more pleasant note, killing trash and doing Bronhjam went really well.
    Did you try the in the door strategy posted above?

It works, tried it myself. Takes a bit of practice getting it right but worth it because it makes the fight a faceroll.

i wiped and wiped and wiped and logged and read this thread. Funnily enough I didn't struggle that much on James Brown but my reaction time isn't great when the purple patches appear, which leaves a) most toons at 20% health and my tank needing big heals so my druid is having capacity issues with healing.

I'll give it another go on Saturday, i think it's a matter of practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by thefunk View Post
    i wiped and wiped and wiped and logged and read this thread. Funnily enough I didn't struggle that much on James Brown but my reaction time isn't great when the purple patches appear, which leaves a) most toons at 20% health and my tank needing big heals so my druid is having capacity issues with healing.

I'll give it another go on Saturday, i think it's a matter of practice makes perfect.
    This is a long thread so maybe you missed it- the video posted by Diwa.

Just looked and see he took the video down.

You put your team in the hall before Devourer- go in with your tank gain aggro for a few seconds drag him to the stairs and he won't attack your team. Bit underhanded but it's within the game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    Does this still work? I tried it a while back and it seemed to reset the boss when you dragged him to the stairs as shown in the video, maybe I was doing something wrong :P
    Last time I did FoS was a few weeks ago and it worked still.

Takes practice to do it exactly right. It's all about positioning and Devourer not jumping prematurely. But yeah works great once you get it right. At least you can keep practicing wihout a death since he'll just reset. I think Diwa took the video down because he didn't want it to get fixed lol.

whatever that tactic was, he leaps to the slaves and resets. I'll keep trying different locations but at least i'm not wiping

Ok done. finally downed him!
    Last edited by thefunk : 05-21-2010 at 11:04 PM

maybe it has something to do with a range of 30 yards like the eek boss in Gundrak ?
    I don't suffer from Schizophrenia, I enjoy every moment of it !

the first boss aoe is a physical damage attack, very hard on clothies. on my mix team the mage always kept dying. you could try soul linked lockes to help mitigate, but the damage is all physical. on forge of souls, I find that you can always anticipate the soul wells by the mirror images. just keep moving in a manner that you aren't on top of each other and stop moving when he does his ground slam animation. gl

Quote Originally Posted by Seldum View Post
    I got my ass wooped so bad last night by the Devouer of Souls.

I have done this fight on several occasions with my tank running in a PUG, but he just kicked my butt.

I'm gonna try the follow strategy and I "only" tried him 5 times last night.

On normal.

1 try: 55 seconds then wiped
    2 try: Lost healer almost instantly.... wiped 54 secons
    3 try: 1 m and 15 seconds - lost the healer but rezzed him while one of the dps healed the tank - lol
    4+5 Viped to the "Beam of death and pain" where you are suppose to run behind him.

On a more pleasant note, killing trash and doing Bronhjam went really well.
    Cheers to you for attempting this at sub par gear. When I downed this instance on normal, I had none of T9 or any set gear for that matter and just sported some crappy rep gear. When I was at same level gear I found that my DK tank held up better than my pally for interrupts. Now it doesn't matter anymore even on heroics.

Anyway, here's what I do on both normal and heroics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmHq-0a9bE

Found it easier to do this as oppose to just following. I maintain just enough distance so DoS is between me and the shamans for when he starts beaming. soon as he beams, i press follow and just start running behind him and nuke while he continues to beam. At some point, you'll get the hang and most importantly the timing of when to stop nukes and run for beams.

EDIT: This was prior to ISBoxer which improved my game greatly as I don't have set buttons for specific targets (healing) anymore. I basically just do click-throughs. Additionally, my gear at the time the video was taken was already above the instance level - was just farming for some specific items I still needed on some toons.
    Last edited by emps : 05-25-2010 at 04:33 PM
    "Patchwork should not be allowed in a BG"

Quote Originally Posted by emps View Post
    Cheers to you for attempting this at sub par gear. When I downed this instance on normal, I had none of T9 or any set gear for that matter and just sported some crappy rep gear. When I was at same level gear I found that my DK tank held up better than my pally for interrupts. Now it doesn't matter anymore even on heroics.

Anyway, here's what I do on both normal and heroics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmHq-0a9bE

Found it easier to do this as oppose to just following. I maintain just enough distance so DoS is between me and the shamans for when he starts beaming. soon as he beams, i press follow and just start running behind him and nuke while he continues to beam. At some point, you'll get the hang and most importantly the timing of when to stop nukes and run for beams.

EDIT: This was prior to ISBoxer which improved my game greatly as I don't have set buttons for specific targets (healing) anymore. I basically just do click-throughs. Additionally, my gear at the time the video was taken was already above the instance level - was just farming for some specific items I still needed on some toons.
    Thank you Emps! Thats a very nice video and explanation, gonna be very helpful im sure! (I'm probably gonna try FoS tonight ;-)

Btw what addons are you using for your UI/layout? Looks sweet! :-)