Close
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 70

Hum, I suppose with my locks I could assign individual Fear buttons to fear the mobs and so keep them feared in succession while I burn them down. I have nuked my way through this but sometimes my healer gets nuked and if a dps gets hit after that it becomes hard to recover before wiping.

Default my lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzyboy View Post
    There are several options. If you have good gear, you can just faceroll them. If you don't, CC is the key. With shaman you simply hex all the humanoids and kill the rest.

My current setup is paladin, priest, mage, shaman, hunter. When CC'ing, I poly the healer (adept), hex the nearest humanoid (since hex has limited range), viper sting another humanoid and shackle the shade-type of mobs that jumps around. If there is no shade, I shackle a bone-caster.

That way you only have one, max 2, mobs on you and it's a piece of cake. If you prefer the non-cc method, which is faster, you just spam AE heals while killing first the adept (healer), then bonecaster, then rest.
    jesus that is a lot of cc you are doing. I have three shaman in my group and I never even bother using hex for anything. I nuke everything and as long as your healer and tank are reasonably good item heavy you shouldn't have to cc anything in any instance. I have pull the 4 mob groups in H PoS 1 of the bone guys with the shovel and a nerco guy with the dam skeles and my group doesnt wipe. My whole key is to keep aggro if my pallly loses agg on crazy pulls like that I will wipe but if I hold agg my druid can top me off from almost dead to 34k health in a few heals which take almost no time. I have ardent defender to save my ass too which I need sometimes if I am drunk and not hitting keys fast enough. Try just nuking shit and forget the cc once to see if you can do it. WHat makes it a breeze for me is that the g15 keyboard has enough buttons on the side that i can bind all my insta heals for each char to it so i basically play my tank and healer with lightning bolt and flame shick being the only 2 spells my shamans use 95% of the time for any mob. I need to make a video when I fight devourer and everyone can laugh when I finish the fight with my whole team at 100% health and my druid has about 75% mana left bwhahaha. He does have the same strat as ick and krick but I think ick and krick do more damage overall than devourer does.

Quote Originally Posted by KAC View Post
    jesus that is a lot of cc you are doing. I have three shaman in my group and I never even bother using hex for anything. I nuke everything and as long as your healer and tank are reasonably good item heavy you shouldn't have to cc anything in any instance. I have pull the 4 mob groups in H PoS 1 of the bone guys with the shovel and a nerco guy with the dam skeles and my group doesnt wipe. My whole key is to keep aggro if my pallly loses agg on crazy pulls like that I will wipe but if I hold agg my druid can top me off from almost dead to 34k health in a few heals which take almost no time. I have ardent defender to save my ass too which I need sometimes if I am drunk and not hitting keys fast enough. Try just nuking shit and forget the cc once to see if you can do it. WHat makes it a breeze for me is that the g15 keyboard has enough buttons on the side that i can bind all my insta heals for each char to it so i basically play my tank and healer with lightning bolt and flame shick being the only 2 spells my shamans use 95% of the time for any mob. I need to make a video when I fight devourer and everyone can laugh when I finish the fight with my whole team at 100% health and my druid has about 75% mana left bwhahaha. He does have the same strat as ick and krick but I think ick and krick do more damage overall than devourer does.
    Like I said, with good gear you can faceroll it. I CC even though my gear is decent, because I like a perfectly controlled pull. Even with CC, I usually still finish in less than 15 mins, so no biggie either way :-)
    Classic - Pyrewood Village, Horde, EU

I am going to check out both ways again. I feel I am pretty well geared and when I originally did this on heroic it never seemed an issue, only in the last couple of weeks has it become an issue. Possibly I am hitting hard on dps and not letting my tank getting enough aggro before nuking the mob. It is always a loss of aggro which causes my wipe. I am pretty much full t9 so I should be nuking them easily.

Quote Originally Posted by crowdx View Post
    So something on this dungeon, my biggest issue is the first couple of trash pulls coming up the ramp (after the two guys at the door in the very start). These mobs do a bunch of AoE nukes which I have wiped on several times. Anyone got a strategy to manage these pulls better? I currently run up to the mobs, park my team and then send in my tank focusing on the bone guy (I think he does most AoE damage), at this point the whole mob sometimes runs past my tank and AoE's my team, even though I have consecration down.
    Anyone got some better strategy? My hunter's pet helps a little with the casters but normally it is the initial AoE damage which wipes the group.
    I actually do looooong pulls on these guys, abusing LoS. I leave my team around the corner, before the ramp, Capt. America the first group and run back dropping Consecrates. The casters will keep running up and then stopping to cast, the Shade will jump between myself and the group. This breaks the group up so I can usually get the shade and one other around the corner and dead before the casters start to trickle in. With any luck, those casters have been stopping and standing in my consecrates when they try to cast {as I'm running out of their range} so they're good and pissed at me. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the groups on the ramp, then move up the ramp and use LoS again in the alcove at the far end of the ramp to clear the next few up to that first room.

BUT I haven't been able to box since Christmas {plane tickets are murder on the budget } so that might not even be viable anymore. At the time, most of my DPS was still in crap gear {my ret was fresh off leveling and my hunter was called out of retirement with nary a heroic drop to her name}, so that was my "play it safe" mode.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

crowdx - you have a druid healer right? Just cast wg on cooldown. It really is just an amazing spell that costs so little mana, there's no reason not to just use it on cooldown.

My scroll up key is my dps/heal/tank rotation and my scroll down the same except it is wg on my druid. Then I just roll my mouse up and down the entire way, and he casts wg on cooldown. You'll stop paying attention to pretty much any aoe damage ever again. If you are a button masher, put it in your hot macro, or tape a penny across two buttons, or whatever you have to do, but seriously just cast this spell on cooldown.

Well I tried the LoS idea last night and it worked great, it gave me enough time to burn down the Bone guys and the Shade and then had to only deal with the casters which I can easily heal through.
    To jimbobbobb I do have Wild Growth on the same keybind as my dps masher key and so it does go off on cooldown but for some reason I have been having issues with these mobs, the only other place I have issue with is HoR and that is just the amount of mobs which at this point I have only been able to down the first boss in there but really not too interested in HoR so not worried
    Thanks again for all the help

This is pure Tank and Spank. [Pally+4Shamans]

Here's my strategy (No Bloodlust ...still on cooldown) - 1minute Tutorial
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG8KZG12PGQ

- No need to spread out
    - No leaping scenarios
    - No running nor following

My 2 DPS died because I didn't stop firing during Mirror Souls.
    Only 1 DPS has full ilvl 232. Other 3 DPS are wearing a mix of WG equips and some drops on normal ICC and heroic Wotlk starting dungeons
    Tank is 232 geared too.

Instant Frost Badges

Last edited by Diwa : 02-20-2010 at 11:08 AM

I got my ass wooped so bad last night by the Devouer of Souls.

I have done this fight on several occasions with my tank running in a PUG, but he just kicked my butt.

I'm gonna try the follow strategy and I "only" tried him 5 times last night.

On normal.

1 try: 55 seconds then wiped
    2 try: Lost healer almost instantly.... wiped 54 secons
    3 try: 1 m and 15 seconds - lost the healer but rezzed him while one of the dps healed the tank - lol
    4+5 Viped to the "Beam of death and pain" where you are suppose to run behind him.

On a more pleasant note, killing trash and doing Bronhjam went really well.
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN