Close
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 70

The wailing souls thing instant wipes my entire group before I can even get my shaman to re-follow. They have about 27000hp buffed, as soon as he leaps or starts casting this awful spell I have them follow me but they are dead before they even get underneath him. Is there a better way to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    The wailing souls thing instant wipes my entire group before I can even get my shaman to re-follow. They have about 27000hp buffed, as soon as he leaps or starts casting this awful spell I have them follow me but they are dead before they even get underneath him. Is there a better way to do this?
    Keep your team on follow throughout the fight. No reason to break follow. Boss casts wailing souls debuff on target few seconds before casting beam-of-instant-wipe! so keep your eye on debuffs and immediately start running around the boss once you see debuff icon on any of your toons.

Wailing Souls did cost me alot of gold in repairs before i tweaked my unitframes to make debuff icons more visible.

Good luck with the fight.
    Shattered Hand EU - Guilds: Kalmankaarti and Nolife (character park)

Quote Originally Posted by Nolife View Post
    keep your eye on debuffs and immediately start running around the boss once you see debuff icon on any of your toons.

Wailing Souls did cost me alot of gold in repairs before i tweaked my unitframes to make debuff icons more visible.
    ^^ this was the key for me after so very many wipes last night (trying to remember how to play after a 3month hiatus in a new heroic is fun!)

Anyone made a video for this bugger? He keeps tearing me to pieces.
    Would be wicked to see the tactics.

I think the one time I killed him, I got lucky and he never cast the garlic breath of death. Also after the first bit of DPS dump, I think it was nothing but instant cast spells and fire elementals that killed him as I ran around in a circle dodgeing puddles of goo.

Something that I think was also said is that when you get the beam of death/woman's face, run anti clockwise, this seems to work best for this fight. I have found this fight is subject to luck too, sometimes I easliy clear it and then the next time in 5 seconds my toons are dead from him jumping on them and killing them before I can get a heal off. My general strategy is that if things go wrong early in the fight I try to run my toons out of the room, once you get around the corner he resets and then you can rez any dead toons, helps a little with the repair bills lol
    I think this fight and Ick and Krick in PoS are the two fights I have most problems with.

I don't use the autofollow method. I found that I was spending too much time jockeying for position so they could cast, not to mention it was leaving those wells all over the place on the floor.

Also, I used to think the "abyss stare" always went clockwise, but it doesn't. Seems to be random. This makes it hard to guess which way to go, because if you guess wrong, you'll follow the beam which, even for a second, is bad news.

What I do (paly + 4 shaman):

- Setup all slaves just inside the door to this room, to the far right (as you enter the room) and facing directly forward (towards that set of stairs).
    - Engage in the center of room.
    - Stop attacking when using Mirrored Soul. Very important to be expecting this as, like many other cool and awesome abilities in this game it's instant cast so it'll probably come out at the 99% of your cast. Try to anticipate and be ready to interrupt.
    - Try to interrupt Phantom Blast if you can. It's by far the majority of the damage your tank will take. Having said that, I usually don't because my round-robin spell interrupt macro stops all my toons from casting (don't ask, long story), so I found that I'm better to keep dpsing and heal when I need to. Plenty of time to heal during Mirrored Soul anyway.
    - When he does Well of Souls, move all the slaves immediately to the left just enough to be out of the well, and resume kicking ass. I don't wait for my current cast to end. I know it seems better to finish the cast in progress, but I was finding that just that extra 1 tick or whatever was causing me to have to heal, or even lose a toon some times, so I move immediately now.
    - Unleashed Souls: ignore, pop bloodlust and kick even more ass.
    - Wailing Souls: By far the hardest part, and where you're most likely to wipe. May turn either clockwise or counterclockwise. I wasn't able to find a consistent movement pattern that really guaranteed me safety here (and autofollow lags), so what I settled on is casting chain heal such that it lands right after she starts casting and not move at all. If done correctly you should take one or two ticks of the beam and, with the heal, be fine. Try to be topped off with slaves before going into this phase.

Just keep strafing left each time he does the well of souls, you'll have plenty of room to kill him before you hit the left wall. I believe this simplified movement and positioning scheme is superior in management overhead to the follow approach.

I'll try to get a video in the next few days and put it up.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Same for me, avoiding Wailing Souls is the only hard part. I've always just healed through Phantom Blasts.

My only real problem on the fight is that I have some channeling in the group and when channeling they automatically turn to face the target.

Priest: Penance
    Mage: Arcane Missiles
    Hunter: not sure

Because the channeling changed their facing when I strafe they tend to all go in different directions. But even so, I manage to do the fight reasonably easily. I don't try and burst it. Slow and steady and make sure I react quickly to the different abilities.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

For Mirrored Soul I have my team set up where all DPS targets a fellow team member to stop attacking. My healer switches from direct mouseover healing to focustargettarget so heals automatically land on whomever DoS has targetted. This allows me a bit of flexibility to reposition. When the red beam stops, DPS can start again.

Everything else beyond that is movement. Not just left and right, but backwards and forwards, too. I also make use of multiple follows and limited follow distance/interact to take advantage of positioning.

If my tank gets the Wailing Souls debuff, I can immediately make my other melee DPS follow one of the ranged toons to get them out of the way. If one of my melee DPS gets the debuff, I can run forward through DoS, separating the cluster, then interact to get everyone to the boss and a quick follow to get them behind the breath. Running forward being the key there, as it gets my ranged toons closer to my tank so there is the least amount of distance possible for them to cover for interact and follow, so they are easier to round up for safe positioning and a quick chain heal. This is the point where I start blowing cooldowns since I should have at least 10 seconds where I'm not line dancing, mirrored or goo dodging.

I also make use of interact and opposite strafing to get my toons out of puddles of Owie. Since I always try to have my tank facing my melee DPS, whichever direction I move my tank using alt movement keys, my DPS moves away, but the mob moves with my tank. So if DoS is dropping puddles on my melee toons, I can move backwards or strafe out of the puddle, the mob will move forward to follow my tank, leaving a clear spot for my melee DPS to go back to. Since the melee toons have almost certainly turned slightly during combat, they move diagonally from the tank, avoiding most if not all of the puddle, and come back in straight. For my ranged, I can abuse interact to keep them from going out of range while I strafe them around.

The biggest assets during this fight are the ability to move and keeping calm {and zoomed out!} enough to watch what's going on. Panic is the killer here. Hold your cooldowns until you can get the most use out of them so they aren't wasted on high mobility or no DPS phases. If things go bad, you can always use the hallway to reset and regroup.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

for me its 2 ways:

1 nuke him and he's dead but most of you will die.

2. strategy way, live but a pain in the buttocks for ranged box team.

mostly movement and knowing when to move when he sits on your face. i use strafe, team weaves in and out of wells and then follow tank during phantom blast and spread again for more wells.

during the beam, its so so important quickly judge which direction its going i fail alot here because im not paying attention enough and can wipe. i have done this flawless a few times only because its 50/50 on which direction the beam goes.

but the best advice i can give on the beam is to soon as it starts move the group immediately chances are you more likley to survive and avoid the beam. by this phase you would of killed him while he beaming the otherway

Paladin Team: Holyalpha, Holybravo, Holycharlie, Holydelta, Holyecho
    Warlock Team: Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine
    Shaman Team: - Twiz, Twjz, Twlz, Twrz, Twfz
    Hunter Team: Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Janmoon
    -------------------------
    Ashbringer - Horde