Close
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 80

Default Wotlk - ICC - Pit of Saron (PoS) - Scourgelord Tyrannus

I've searched for any tips on Tyrannus after the fix and have not found any for boxers. I run a DK, 3x Elemental, 1x Resto shaman team. This is for Heroic of course.

I set my team up in a line in front of him. spread about 10-12 yards apart. Sub 30% is when it starts getting tough. Also, I had my healer drop super fast and realized it was several of the NPCs that spawn after the fight starts. This can probably be fixed by moving the team around the back and fighting him.

When DPS gets the Brand, I just continue to DPS because I have not found a way to just stop dps on one toon. When the healer gets it, I try my best to not heal. The beginning is smooth because the DK has all of his CDs available to him. On the last attempt last night (everyone was broken, trash had respawned, etc), I removed Lava Burst from the rotation so large crits won't gib the tank if they have Brand. Seemed to work, but still felt hectic.

If someone is Marked by the dragon, I'll do a chain heal after the spike hits. When he does his Forceful Smash, is there any way to avoid it or do you have to take the hit and knockback?

Based on my gear should I wait for upgrades before attempting?
    Paladin Tank - Bubbleshox
    Blood DKs - Deathshox, Warshox, Conquestshox, Famineshox
    <Clan of the Red Dragon> - Malygos - Alliance

I think Niley first suggested starting by the exit door to avoid the inbound cave trash. The new feature of health reset changes the game with this guy. I have yet to clear H:Garfrost on live yet, I am building a frost set for my shamans just for the frost dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by offive View Post
    I think Niley first suggested starting by the exit door to avoid the inbound cave trash. The new feature of health reset changes the game with this guy. I have yet to clear H:Garfrost on live yet, I am building a frost set for my shamans just for the frost dmg.
    Make sure your tank faces him away from your shamans and he is pretty easy. Clump your shamans up and when he starts to cast Saronite Throw just have your shamans strafe before it lands. The thing that is probably jacking you up is the frontal AOE that hits for 18k+ frost dmg.

I've been able to clear all of the new 5mans. have to finish up halls of repair bill wiped on the very last wave on wotlk. Then went to bed :P it's not hard though just have to be good at idependatly moving your shamans + your tank. I switched to 3 dps + dedicated healer again for these new 5mans. The old 4 ele + tank seems to be pretty rough with the ammount of damage and movement that you have to do.

Eh, your stuff is wrong for this boss.

And you defeated scoureglord after the fix? Or before the fix?

Got him to 32%, going to try just pure LB spam next time instead of Lava bursts. I gotta really pump the dps so we will see how it works. My tank only has 33k hp's in the instance so it's doable for sure.
    Last edited by Iceorbz : 12-12-2009 at 06:40 AM
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Toned - Like Ice mentioned, have you done this after the fix where you can't really nuke him from the air?

The grouping up is a bad idea because the frost from the Wyrm hits the group and everyone will take damage. Spreading out will make it so only 1 shaman gets hit.

My tank usually faces to the left/right so when I'm knocked back, I won't be out of range of the totems, heals and the frost patches. Using Frost resist so the shamans won't die may help.
    Paladin Tank - Bubbleshox
    Blood DKs - Deathshox, Warshox, Conquestshox, Famineshox
    <Clan of the Red Dragon> - Malygos - Alliance

What I find particulary hard are those icy patches since they're really healing intensive and getting out of them takes forever.

I tanked him near the exist with my toons spread out a bit but ran out of mana on my healer on around 40% and I can't even remember when that happened the last time.

For this fight I originally had issues healing him too much when attempting to heal with 4x elemental shaman as one always had the mark. However, as I got better at it I have found that I can do it with 4x elemental. (Actually found this out by accident when I forgot to switch spec)

Like others said, I found it best to stand near the exit. Pulling healing aggro on the undead when you are at a low percentage is quite annoying.

I stack up my 4 shaman as it is simpler to keep track of them. Originally I tried to spread them out but there was too much to watch for me. After positioning my tank to get knocked back near an ice patch when he powers up, my attention is mostly on tank HP and the shaman's position. I watch for the blue rune underneath their feet and move them away. A couple times, they didnt even need to be moved as frost was never thrown down there. This does mean that they all get frozen at the same time when he calls a target, but the damage from this is healed by healing stream np.

All in all, this fight has gotten a lot easier with practice.

This is post fix and on heroic. He starts at 100% hp on the ground. Frost aura or frost resist totem are helpful.
    Last edited by Rms : 12-13-2009 at 10:33 AM

RMS can you post a video of you knocking this one out?

would help alot of people lol.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

after many wipes in last days (10 or so), stopped always by stupid cavern closed bug, today finally done with my pala team. in heroic ofc. and at first attempt. tanked him in middle and burnt avenging wrath at start, avoiding to stop dps during debuff, and moving really little, just when he kick me away or when he freeze ground and get his buff up.
    when he called his melee range instant ability (he says somenthing before it, read on wiki) i used divine shields on all, healed a bit and finished him. he dropped new 2h axe .

Quote Originally Posted by Iceorbz View Post
    RMS can you post a video of you knocking this one out?

would help alot of people lol.
    I will need to setup some recording software but sure. I have already done it for today so I will try to record tomorrow.