Close
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 80

Default Sure fire way and easy as hell

After reading through the comments and seeing what everyone else tried I decided to do tyrannus a different way.

1 resto sham 2 ele shams 1 moonkin 1 pally tank

I clump my guys on follow always! Trying to spread out and heal through ice damage is a no go. Itotally stop dps when any dps has the brand I just heal. I stop all healing if my healer gets the brand and just dps. I have no frost resist gear except the shammy tot. The key is to keep moving and when he calls for rimefang to blast someone this is when i hit my spread out formation. The blast only pos one guy I hit follow and rinse and repeat. I never used bloodlust or even wrath. My dps did pop my tank a few times but I managed to heal him up with riptide quick. Just try to keep away from frost patches that are clumped together so when you get a rimefang call to blast a party member you can spread out enough to not take ice patch damage. They do despawn after about 30 secs so you can basically kite him between two areas. I found that standing by the exit will result in aggo from cave mobs and a quick repair bill. Don't worry about kiting him when he gets his powershot might ability, he did minimal damage to my tank when I even got hit. Spreading the team out when the dam iceblast from the dragon hits was what worked for me. The fact I have over a 25k gear score combined for my team probably helped a ton too! I got a beheader and some palebone snowshoes for my moonkin on my first kill tonight. This guy is an absolute joke on normal mode and I don't even move but heroicdid toss a wrench in the works. I am glad that Tyrannus does not have some aoe cleave attack or god that would be hell!

edit: This is even easier

I clump my guys to the left of tyrannus and pop my tots. I engage him with pally about 30-35 yards from group so when he knocks back im still in front of my group so I can dps. I have done this using all cd's and have done this using no cd's at all. Dps him constantly and watch your toon for the brand I spam healing wave on tank when any dps has brand and just continue. Tyrannus can never out dps my 20k heals from shammy anyway. If healer gets brand I just stop healing and basically thats it. I never move my guys even for the target ice attack that does aoe damage I just pop one chain heal after that and its back to dps. The only thing that can wipe me doing it this way is if the dragon puts down too many frost patches in the immediate vicinity surrounding my slave group and then slams a patch down right on top of them. I'd say 80% of the time I never move my slaves ever and the ice patch never lands on them at all.
    Last edited by KAC : 03-25-2010 at 03:07 PM Reason: easier way

After a long long time of doing heroics and even farming trash on PoS I FINALLY finished that SOB! lol

Finally got Ick and Krick down which have been my major blockade. Just decided today that I'm going to keep trying and trying. So I got to fight Tyrannus on heroic mode after all these months!

Tyrannus I didn't find that difficult at all honestly. Paladin tank and 4 druids got the job done. Just spread my guys to the right of the cave entrance then went to town.

Key to the whole fight is HEAL when your DPS gets the brand and stop all DPS for a few seconds. If my healer gets the brand it didn't really seem to matter. But anyways glad I finally made the commitment to finish this PoS its initials do it justice

with krick and ick i just stack the slaves and move them forward whenever they're standing in poison. when the chasing or arcane barrage starts i just collect them all and run in circles until it's finished and then just dps again. found him kinda easy that way with not having to switch toons.

with the endboss i had no problem with a dedicated healer but once i changed to my priest and played all 5 i had some problems with him, some bad luck with where the "frost damage thing gets planted" and so on. so in the end i just spread the slaves out, didn't care for the mark and just burned him down.

my paladin has around 4.9k gs and the slaves are at 4,5k. running with 3 ele shamans + holy priest + paladin.

ick was fun to figure out but iwt/fallow the leader it is easy. just running around in circles all day owning this guy, if he is marks tank for chase then zomg spam dps. and if u cleared trash near u got plenty of room to run around, I norm get as far away as possible pop 2 flash heals on each pally by time he reaches me. (beware u can reset him tho.)

but.. last boss bleh =l Scourgelord Tyrannus is harrrrd. my tank can take the dmg but dmg output is lacking with out solid healer to heal thru the burn.
    anyone else doing it as a tank/rets team got a good strat?

Quote Originally Posted by Myc View Post
    ick was fun to figure out but iwt/fallow the leader it is easy. just running around in circles all day owning this guy, if he is marks tank for chase then zomg spam dps. and if u cleared trash near u got plenty of room to run around, I norm get as far away as possible pop 2 flash heals on each pally by time he reaches me. (beware u can reset him tho.)

but.. last boss bleh =l Scourgelord Tyrannus is harrrrd. my tank can take the dmg but dmg output is lacking with out solid healer to heal thru the burn.
    anyone else doing it as a tank/rets team got a good strat?
    Has to be our group compositions lol. Tyrannus I really blew through that guy 1 shotted him To me and my team Ick and Krick cause more problems just do to the movement. Hard for Boomkins to DPS while running around in circles and target is behind you. At least my healer can roll the hots during the chase scenes.

Pretty sure my next serious try will go much smoother. I totally get the Ick strategy it's just executing it properly and one misstep usually means a death. BUT I got them all down and that's the main thing!

1 pally tank 3 boomkins and 1 treekin Tyrannus was easy sauce.. Now the tunnel before him <.< no comment, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by jinkobi View Post
    Now the tunnel before him <.< no comment, lol...
    lol! u mean... u don't have 5 pallys with aoe stun to undead? and zomg ofmg OP aoe on undead? =l
    lol grats on kills tho.
    thinking im going to break down & buy the hilts even tho expac is getting closer n closer. then I can smoke him / or just not bother with him lol.

lol! u mean... u don't have 5 pallys with aoe stun to undead? and zomg ofmg OP aoe on undead? =l
    lol grats on kills tho.
    thinking im going to break down & buy the hilts even tho expac is getting closer n closer. then I can smoke him / or just not bother with him lol.
    Beta hasn't started yet. So soon is really relative. I'd guess around september.
    The Internet: We Know Drama
    If you're gona screw with my sig at least leave the thing bolded :P

lol grats on kills tho.
    To farm hilts don't kill any bosses

Go in and you can kill everything except the bosses- click on the 'Teleport OUT of dungeon' button- then reset all instances. Click on the 'Teleport to dungeon' and clear everything except the bosses again! You seem to be able to do this endlessly.

Do this and you'll have a hilt in a few hours or a few minutes but you'll get one.

eh I farmed for a week.. got sick of it.. I got money to dump. bought 4 hilts 7k gold each.

Maybe I'm just lucky. Seen over 10 drop myself doing my farming thing- none drop when I was actually clearing the instances.

It's luck of the draw I guess. Got it on my very first kill in PoS once, and have gone for 5+hours without one drop. Never gone more than 5hrs though.

Like you said though most of us multiboxers have money to burn anyway I don't even farm anymore and the only heroics I loot anymore are ICC 5mans.