Close
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 80

Quote Originally Posted by Gares View Post
    haha thats awesome. I was thinking that you might be able to do that but wasn't sure and never attempted it.
    with a very geared tank you can run up all the way to the top and just tank both groups, i tried but failed, few more weeks and maybe ill have enough gear.(or maybe a dedicated healer?)
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

Unfortunately, this fight seems to be a lot about luck. I've had times when I just stood in one place and blew him up, and others where I was moving all over trying to avoid this or that.

The main things I try to do:

1. start by blowing bloodlust and everything and do as much damage as possible early. This is when there is the least amount of things going on so you don't need to move much and healing is pretty light.

2. If your tank is geared up a little and you save your cooldowns, you can tank right through his enrage no problem. I can usually get him down with one or two of these phases, and it helps a lot to just ignore one of them. Things like clicky +dodge trinkets are great for this phase btw.

3. Strafe slaves out of frost patches.

4. Top tank off before dragon freezes your group.

With these few things, I can usually get through the fight with little fuss.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

I managed to get him down after 4 attempts. My tips:

1. Tank by the exit hallway. I also got heal aggro from a caster coming up the tunnel and he nuked my healer for 10k.
    2. Spread out in a semicircle and do top-down view (so it's much easier to see which char is standing in a frost patch)
    3. Reposition the boss so your back is always to an ice patch. This way it makes it easier to kite when he does the knockback

I didn't even know about Overlord's Brand when I was doing the fight, so I never stopped dps or healing for it. It seems like as long as you have a dedicated healer for your tank, it doesn't matter a whole lot when a dps gets it.

Like others, I also had a lot of trouble on the trash leading up to him. The 4melee+2caster groups just ate me alive. I'd drop D&D and grip the far caster into the group and dps him first, kill 2 melee, grip the second caster, then kill the last 2 melee. I think I wiped more on this trash than the boss. At least I'd manage to kill 1-2 of them before wiping, and the ones you kill do NOT respawn if you wipe .

Does anyone have a good plan for the trash leading up the hill? The single caster and 4 melee/caster guys who do the fire damage? I have only done this on regular but they are a pain to get through and I have wiped a couple of times on them. Once I get past them on regular I am normally able to one shot the rest easily.

Huh? didn't Niley just say you can mount up and run past them before she (the caster) summons them out ?

I assume after you down Ick. you just mount up and run past the hill before those 2 casters run down and summons the undead.

I didn't try this but it seems to be possible.

Niley's pic says it all

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/1048/...1110142359.jpg

the mobs were still there and he got up to the hill without killing them.

try loot fast on Ick, then mount up to the hill.

On a site note, should really just practice downing those mobs. after all, they drop hilt. AOE stun on undead if you are pally , fire resist aura, AOE slience if you are BE, they should be ok.
    Last edited by remanz : 01-19-2010 at 10:57 PM

mount up, run up hugging the left side all the way - I can make it up with crusader aura on after a couple tries now.

If you manage to catch aggro opn the way: a well timed soulstone / ankh / DI etc at the very entrance to the cave can be a lot less costly then clearing those trash if they give ya trouble

Nice to know about avoiding that trash. I use a dedicated healer so those packs really are not that bad, just watch for the Fireball Debuff on one of your slaves and dispell it as it does quite alot of damage.

im not sure how anyone has problems with this guy, i have never ever failed on him even first time.

i just dps him and range keeps max distance, ocassionally i will move the team by strafe to avoid the ice but he's usually dead so fast.

were doing 3.5-6k dps 3 dps 1 resto. resto make things easier, heals group and tank while i get uninterrupted dps from elementals

as for trash before last boss. (ones after ick an krick

the 2 packs are hard but you need to make sure the tank takes max aggro and dont let your dps AE this is to reduce problems. nuke casters first and you wont have a problem.

Paladin Team: Holyalpha, Holybravo, Holycharlie, Holydelta, Holyecho
    Warlock Team: Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine
    Shaman Team: - Twiz, Twjz, Twlz, Twrz, Twfz
    Hunter Team: Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Janmoon
    -------------------------
    Ashbringer - Horde