Close
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 80

it's cool Multibocks, i found it. done it 2 times in a row now, never had to move team once.

I went on a couple raids solo and now i'm at 555 defense or so lol. time to work on health! I gotta figure out how all those tanks are unbuffed 38k health. Hopefully the 228stam trinket this week will help a lot if i can get 15 more frost emblems. maybe if i do daily dungeon, clear icc tonight, and weekly raid could have it tonight!

downed him a couple times now on my dk + 4 pallies team. My strategy didn't change. Mostly just gearing up the tank. I was getting 1 shotted before. Have to bubble sacrifice on the paladin being marked by Rimfang. no other tricks.

Really, all the PVE progression ends with this guy for my team. Once I was able to farm him for the 2h weapon. PVE stops.

IMO, tank needs to be defense capped and 30k hp minimal to be able to take a beating from him. Average DPS 2k on 4 of my paladins. so saying 8k DPS is required is probably fair for your 5 men team. 3 dps team, you need about 2.7k dps average.
    Last edited by remanz : 01-04-2010 at 08:05 PM

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    downed him a couple times now on my dk + 4 pallies team. My strategy didn't change. Mostly just gearing up the tank. I was getting 1 shotted before. Have to bubble sacrifice on the paladin being marked by Rimfang. no other tricks.

Really, all the PVE progression ends with this guy for my team. Once I was able to farm him for the 2h weapon. PVE stops.

IMO, tank needs to be defense capped and 30k hp minimal to be able to take a beating from him. Average DPS 2k on 4 of my paladins. so saying 8k DPS is required is probably fair for your 5 men team. 3 dps team, you need about 2.7k dps average.
    Why is there a DPS requirement? It is not a DPS race, is it? I can understand for your team makeup it may be a DPS race but he doesn't have an enrage timer or anything, or does he?
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

For 5 solo players, this is not a DPS race. For boxing, I think it might be if you are not constantly moving your toons. We are taking a lot of frost damage from Rimfang. So the healer has to heal a lot in this fight. For my team, I am simply cheating with divine shield + divine sacrifice. By the time, I have used 4 of them if the boss is not near death, it will be over for me. For other boxing compositions, you don't have 30% damage reduction on group for 1min (unless you have 300+ frost resist). So you have to heal it through. and you are right. the DPS is not a requirement. It was just an estimation of what level of gear is suited for this encounter.

I tried this yesterday and my first attempt everything went well until a mob decided to shadow volley my healer at 150k health. I made it to 50k when the last guy died. After that attempt I would get owned well before 500k health. I tried positioning my guys all over and nothing helped. About 15yards away from the npc worked the best but eventually some adds would come and own my team. I tried by the door to HoR but I got owned because of all the damage. I ignored the brand but I think it was doing too much damage to the tank. My tank was nearly dead with full lifebloom, rejuv, regrowth and heals. At this point I think he is not doable with my team. If someone has a better tactic I would like to hear about it.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

What classes are you using ? DPS as range ? I assume you have at least 130 frost resist. Tank really needs to have 30k hp unbuffed. Paladin tank can may be having at little less since you got that "cheat death back to 30% full OPness".

Two things make this encounter hard. Tank damage and party damage. You are controlling the tank. So there are some ways to avoid getting 1 shotted. Your tank should at least take the beating from the red beam (coming from one of your dps). Heal through that. When he does a knock back, (this is by the way to help you escape, to start kitting), he will enrage and become larger. Find a icy patch on the ground, and kite him. If no icy patch around and he got near you, this is when you blow your defensive CD. His forceful smash can easily hit the tank for 15k-19k. My pathetic dk tank was getting 1 shotted until I got 32k hp unbuffed.

Party damage. Once in a while Rimfang will mark a person in your group and shoot a frost bolt at him after. He will be deep freezed, so is anybody around him. This is not too bad. This person will be marked on your healing UI. Heal him for that. What killed my group is when I played range dps (shamans) is this, standing in the icy patches on the ground, (same ones you use to kite the boss), the person who stands in it will take constant damage and will be snared. I find it kinda hard to heal him and the tank at the same time. But sometimes, you get lucky. Nobody will be standing in it through out the entire fight. So no moving could work. If you do get this, I suggest to move that character.

Some other stuff that I noticed, he will at least enrage twice maybe 3 times depending on how fast you can kill him. So kite him once and use defensive CD for the other. For paladin tank, this is not so bad. Cheat death once. Divine Protection the second.

Rimfang does the mark on your party one by one. He doesn't really mark the same person twice. (i don't know for sure, but it seems that way for me).
    Last edited by remanz : 01-06-2010 at 05:18 PM

Quote Originally Posted by remanz View Post
    Party damage. Once in a while Rimfang will mark a person in your group and shoot a frost bolt at him after. He will be deep freezed, so is anybody around him. This is not too bad. This person will be marked on your healing UI. Heal him for that. What killed my group is when I played range dps (shamans) is this, standing in the icy patches on the ground, (same ones you use to kite the boss), the person who stands in it will take constant damage and will be snared. I find it kinda hard to heal him and the tank at the same time. But sometimes, you get lucky. Nobody will be standing in it through out the entire fight. So no moving could work. If you do get this, I suggest to move that character.
    This was my experience to a certain extent. The icy patches killed my team. Just to place it in context, I've only had 2 attemps on heroic and killed him on the 2nd attempt. My kill came from my team standing in front of the exit chamber and they were never hit with a frosty patch. I ignored the debuff and just healed through it. He did some kind of knockback and enraged afterwards. I just let him come to me and continued dpsing him down.

Pally tanks also have the 12s damage reduction ability they can pop and some other mitigation tools. I am sitting on 35Kish hp fully buffed though.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Rated Arena Member

I pretty much just spread out for my 4 shaman (3 Elemental and 1 Resto) in front of the HOR entrance and goto town on him. I don't move my shaman at all and just spam heal my tank with my resto and when the others get low I chain heal them with my resto.

I pretty much have this encounter down to a tank and spank now its so easy. Also if you are a pally use Frost res aura and when he knocks you back use Divine Protection and take 50% less damage to recover. Bloodlust and EM right away and its a cake walk.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

Im not sure if this was said before, but you can mount up and run through packs before the tunnel, just the 2 bottom ones(also known as worst trash in the instance).

Poing was the one that told me that :P
    Last edited by Niley : 01-11-2010 at 05:41 PM
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

Rated Arena Member

haha thats awesome. I was thinking that you might be able to do that but wasn't sure and never attempted it.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US