Close
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 80

I finally downed this bastard on heroic last night. I did it with all my guys split up but it is quite difficult keeping them out of ice patches and healing and kiting all at the same time. This would probably be a fun fight with just one real person per toon lol, but it's a nightmare for me boxing it. I did turn a couple of my guys around when they got the brand but not everytime. The hardest part was i was so busy micromanaging the herd that when he did his knockback super enrage that i wasn't ready for it and basically spam healed through it most of the time because there weren't any ice patches near me. I'm tempted to try it with the whole group clumped up tonight. When he calls out someone for the wyrm to kill, can you avoid the shots?
    Anyone found anywhere to stand that doesn't get hit by ice patches?

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsyguy1 View Post
    I finally downed this bastard on heroic last night. I did it with all my guys split up but it is quite difficult keeping them out of ice patches and healing and kiting all at the same time. This would probably be a fun fight with just one real person per toon lol, but it's a nightmare for me boxing it. I did turn a couple of my guys around when they got the brand but not everytime. The hardest part was i was so busy micromanaging the herd that when he did his knockback super enrage that i wasn't ready for it and basically spam healed through it most of the time because there weren't any ice patches near me. I'm tempted to try it with the whole group clumped up tonight. When he calls out someone for the wyrm to kill, can you avoid the shots?
    Anyone found anywhere to stand that doesn't get hit by ice patches?
    Clump them up. Do it in front front of the exit that goes to HoR

So what's the conclusion here.

stay in front of the entrance to HOR. no moving. Bloodlust and go to town ?

I took some severe damages last time I did that and couldn't heal back.

I move about 15 yards straight out from the entrance to cave, make sure you are a good 10 yards beyond the npcs that are helping with the adds. I dont use bloodlust and I position my tank so he gets knocked across ice. The position I use seems to never get hit by ice patches and I never have to strafe my team. Makes it real easy. I use cold resist totem and I do have an AoE healer (druid), although the team never seems to take any damage.

Multibocks, can you post a screen shot of that position please? pretty please? with christmas cherry cordials on top?
    Any time i was near the cave, i eventually got healer agro when a couple mobs broke through the lines and would just about one shot the healer so i tend to stay away from that side, but i'd def try again if i could find a place without the ice.
    What do you do when he calls a target for the frostwyrm? doesn't the aoe freeze and stun everyone for 6 secs?

The ice patches are just random so I just hope the team doesnt get hit by them. If they do though its just a strafe out and continue. Tank and spank and use cooldowns when he does the knock back and enrage. If you are really struggling to down him its most likely a tank gear issue. Grab some more badges from heroics then come back and try again. Or pop some flasks and scrolls and go to town

okay, so i tried the clump up thing with the team, I got lucky and never had to move them once. They never got hit by frost. It was about 15-20 yards out from door entrance to halls of reflection, probably just luck but it was hella easy compared to before. The freeze did stun eveeryone for 6 seconds but tank was topped and it wasn't a problem to heal back up.

is defense cap at 540 defense rating or defense? I'm at 542 defense rating and 510 defense.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&n=Pallina

i'm amazed at the difference in difficulty of this fight. so easy when no one on your team gets hit and you aren't distracted with moving members.

okay, so i tried the clump up thing with the team, I got lucky and never had to move them once. They never got hit by frost. It was about 15-20 yards out from door entrance to halls of reflection, probably just luck but it was hella easy compared to before. The freeze did stun eveeryone for 6 seconds but tank was topped and it wasn't a problem to heal back up.

is defense cap at 540 defense rating or defense? I'm at 542 defense rating and 510 defense.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...moon&n=Pallina

i'm amazed at the difference in difficulty of this fight. so easy when no one on your team gets hit and you aren't distracted with moving members.
    689 defense rating, 540 defense. For heroics its 535 defense.
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

thanks niley, that's a pretty tall order
    I have defense stat on almost every item and i'm lucky to get to 520 defense. I'll have to inspect more tanks to see how they do it and still have decent health.

Multibocks, can you post a screen shot of that position please? pretty please? with christmas cherry cordials on top?
    Any time i was near the cave, i eventually got healer agro when a couple mobs broke through the lines and would just about one shot the healer so i tend to stay away from that side, but i'd def try again if i could find a place without the ice.
    What do you do when he calls a target for the frostwyrm? doesn't the aoe freeze and stun everyone for 6 secs?

Sorry I didnt see this request until now. I will have to take a pic next time I do this and post it. Might be a while, I work all week =(