Close
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 80

Just dropped him again last night. Fairly easy fight for me. The worst part is getting through all the trash leading up to the cave on the hill.

I run Prot Pally and 4x Elemental Shamen.

I keep up Frost Aura and keep the shamen all within a couple feet of each other. As soon as he engages, I pop Heroism (Bloodlust for you Horde), 3x Fire Elemental, 1x Earth Elemental and burn all cooldowns in the beginning. I'll have to do my Chain heals a couple times during the fight and heal the tank once or twice during the fight.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalros View Post
    Just dropped him again last night. Fairly easy fight for me. The worst part is getting through all the trash leading up to the cave on the hill.

I run Prot Pally and 4x Elemental Shamen.

I keep up Frost Aura and keep the shamen all within a couple feet of each other. As soon as he engages, I pop Heroism (Bloodlust for you Horde), 3x Fire Elemental, 1x Earth Elemental and burn all cooldowns in the beginning. I'll have to do my Chain heals a couple times during the fight and heal the tank once or twice during the fight.
    yeah, same here, Im not actually trying to do PoS since i dont need anything from there, but i got FoS as a daily yesterday....and PoS today, waiting to get HoR daily tommorow
    Anyway, basically just burn, heal once, and finish it off
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2...1809233332.jpg

wdit. I iz overgeared, i know!
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

Rated Arena Member

Anyone have any suggestion to the trash before the cave? The 3 casters along with the other 2? Its like a hard pull to begin with and I wipe so many times on this trash? I even tried to LOS in order to get them close but the casters do so much damage
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

What I find works for me is I park my team back a bit, so that the mobs have to move up to my tank to be in range to attack the party, that way I can grab them as they step up. If I start with the party in range of the mobs its a nightmare, its hard to keep them all on my tank, but this approach I have better luck with.

I do agree that the first 2 packs are a real pain.

I get as close to them as I can. Target the farthest Flamebearer and tag him with Avenger's Shield as I run up to the other Flamebearer. All of them should then be in range for the consecrate. From here it's mostly a matter of shutting the damned fools up. HoJ, Mana Tap, Wind Shear, Holy Wrath {only the Deathbringer is Humanoid, the rest of the pack is Undead} and focus fire the Flamebearers, then the Deathbringer. The Flamebearers need to go before they start jumping all over the place to hellfire.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

I suffer with these a lot too but run three shaman so I just drop 3 grounding totems and this seems to absorb enough damage at the start to get one of the flamebearers down. It's always messy though.

Can someone post the position for this boss ? I stay near the entrance for the cave that I come out of. I got adds sending 8k shadow bolts to me. Then I move to another cave (not really a cave, more like a entrance to a big hall) on the right. I get hit by the Icy touch and whatever frost damage coming from the dragon on my slaves like crazy.

and Isboxer's auto follow after Pip switch is really not helping. I have no way to disable it I click a slave window. Everybody starts to follow.

Rated Arena Member

I pretty much stand right by the enterance to HOR and go from there. I personally just stand right out in the open with Frost Aura from my pally up and just Bloodlust and DPS the piss outta him. I continue DPS even while Overlord's Brand is on and through all the frost damage from the dragon and whatever his huge spike damage move is. Just make sure your tank never goes below 75% health and you should be ok with just spamming AOE healing with whoever your healer is. I one shot this guy every time now if I manage to not wipe like mad on the trash before the cave.
    Gareatank Blood Elf Level 80 Protadin
    Gareatan Orc Level 80 DK Tank
    Gareb, Garec, Garee, Garef - Level 80 Troll Horde Shammies!
    Garea - Level 71 Horde Shammy!
    Garez, Garey, Garew, Garev, Gareu - Level 80 Draenei Alliance Shammies!
    Currently farming Horde Heroic Utgarde Keep, Utgarde Pinnacle, Gundrak, Drak'Tharon, and Culling of Stratholme(5 Drakes now)
    Azjol-Nerub-US

This guy is pretty tough for a ret team in heroic mode, I have to kite him in circles the entire fight to avoid the freeze... and I had to setup a macro to rotate hands of freedom on the DK tank so that i would always have one available when he does the power overwhelming buff. Whenever he gets the buff I would stop my team and kite him through the frost puddles on the tank, the puddle both snares and damages you so make sure you don't drag your rets through them with you

I just tried to bruteforce him down the first few times without any movement and got fairly close a few times but died during the freeze breath thing. I think if you were geared and speced for PVE it could work though. My team only has PVP gear with a few random PVE pieces on the tank, tank also has nothing remotly close to a tank spec so he dies pretty easily

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    I get as close to them as I can. Target the farthest Flamebearer and tag him with Avenger's Shield as I run up to the other Flamebearer. All of them should then be in range for the consecrate. From here it's mostly a matter of shutting the damned fools up. HoJ, Mana Tap, Wind Shear, Holy Wrath {only the Deathbringer is Humanoid, the rest of the pack is Undead} and focus fire the Flamebearers, then the Deathbringer. The Flamebearers need to go before they start jumping all over the place to hellfire.
    I have these packs pretty much down now, unless something goes FUBAR. I set up for Cleansing, Fire Resist totems, two groundings, and Shadow Aura. On the run in to the middle of the pack, I single target taunt the first melee on the right which pulls the group, I retarget the leftmost flamebearer and throw my shield which hits it, the back left melee who is now within range and the center humanoid caster (which shuts them down for the silence affect). I start my caster dps on burning the left flamebearer, run the tank to the right flamebearer and stun it the two melee with holy wrath. Burn the right flamebearer, move the tank to the center caster and burn her down. By this point the melee are either dead or nearly dead. This pull gave me fits the first time I saw it on the PTR, so I thought about it a bit before it went live. Once you get the hang of the inital pull its fairly easy to handle them.