Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 44

Default Wotlk - ICC - Halls of Reflection (HoR) - The Lich King

Anyone got any good tips on getting through the waves on Heroic? I get to about the 4th wave and am just overwhelmed, and almost out of mana. I'm running a pretty well geared Prot Pally and 4x Elemental Shamen.
    "Twilight is upon me. And soon, night must fall". My days in WoW are over, but I'm back to where it all started, EverQuest!

I havent done this myself yet, only had tried for 10 minutes before I went with randoms with paladin only, to know wtf to do etc.

Gonna try it later tonight. But, the 10 minutes i spent there, I went oom to...

What i'm gonna do is, buy some resto t9, it doest have hit, but mp5. Stacking up 100+ mp5 sure helps alot i'm sure, and besides i'm way over hit-cap for heroics anyway, so it's actually better for most situations..

i done in normal mode with my melee group.
    found not good strat run around to each mob: wiped 5 times in this way.
    good strat for me is keep group in coridor and tank at the entrance of the room: easier get/keep aggro on tank and have good control on mobs. basically my tank wait them, with dps behind him.
    after all these waves, bosses look me pretty easy.
    tbh no idea what boss nr.1 do, he dead fast, 2nd cast a lot of debuff, somenthing is magic (dispellable).
    lich king final event with 5 paladins: i gone in "survive mode", with seal of light up and kept mobs facing away from my group: some mobs cast frontal cone desease, someones are casters, there are 4 waves almost same mobs, just some more in each wave.

Also, my tactic for tonight is gonna be stand in the room of the first boss, shamans behind the first wall, tank behind the opposite side....should be easy to keep agro, if it's possible to position it like i think...

Can't wait to try it.

Has anyone tried this? Hiding behind the wall at the -> and <- to make trash come there?

EDIT: Just found out, this doesnt work because they shoot trought the wall...But atleast makes it easier to gather them up. Staggering tremor/poison cleansing is important here.
    Last edited by Volch0k : 12-11-2009 at 09:51 PM

Spam your drink macro between each pull. You are allowed to drink between them.

Remember that the mobs are undead and you are pally AoE stun them. Use all the CC you got. If you can, crowd control the Rifleman. Kill mage(s) first, then Priest, followed by Mercenary and Footman. The mages are killers. Remember that they spawn Hallucinations, which you need to aggro before they toast your healer.

The Priest *will* heal the mages, but it's still faster and safer to continue killing the mages/hallucinations. If not, by the time the priest is down, your team is probably Flamestriked to death.

Put down grounding totems if your see spells heading towards your shamans.

Thunderstorm if melee get close to them.

Keep an eye on your dps team when mages are alive. Move them out of any Flamestrikes.

For the first part with the 10 waves, actually put your guys IN the little alcove on ONE side, do NOT split them. Then just tank right on top of them, with consecrate down at all times - it will force all mobs to run in, and consecrate will pick them up. chain/aoe heal every now and again as you'll get random aoe'd by the mages or hunters or poison'd by the rogues. The boss fights themselves seem relatively easy with just some iwt to recover from fear on the first guy, and keeping your distance/strafing out of purple junk on the second, all with some healthy aoe healing.

As for the Lich king, if you're having problems on the last wave because of mana/overwhelming - are you blowing your thunderstorm on every single conceivable cooldown during this event? cause you need to. I also pop all cooldowns on the last wave just as the big group of elites get to me. With four shaman, I would pop hero and fire elementals if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobobb View Post
    For the first part with the 10 waves, actually put your guys IN the little alcove on ONE side, do NOT split them.
    Are you able to provide a screenshot for that? Because wherever i tried, the ranged just kept shooting trought the wall..

I did this on normal and it was rough. I can't imagine it on heroic.

Running from the Lich King I managed to get to the end, but wow I was pretty spent when the last wave came. I thought the 2nd last wave was the actual last wave, what a surprise that was. I wiped on the second last wave a few times and finally past it and wiped on the last wave.

I have gotten the second boss down to 30% in Heroic HoR. I could easily beat it next time as I wasn't aware of how critical dispeling is to minimize damage on single targets. So I lost 2 shaman early on.

Problem I am having is being able to consistently get through the waves. Getting a double mage wave is pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Volch0k View Post
    Also, my tactic for tonight is gonna be stand in the room of the first boss, shamans behind the first wall, tank behind the opposite side....should be easy to keep agro, if it's possible to position it like i think...

Can't wait to try it.

Has anyone tried this? Hiding behind the wall at the -> and <- to make trash come there?

EDIT: Just found out, this doesnt work because they shoot trought the wall...But atleast makes it easier to gather them up. Staggering tremor/poison cleansing is important here.
    I just did this on normal. I can confirm that this works pretty well. The difference was that I backed all my guys against the wall up top and had my tank in the doorway. You can LOS the adds and they will come to you. In addition, they will also likely aggro on your healer, who if they are in a corner will pull the adds in. The biggest problem that I had were the mobs aoes, like flamestrike, but you can pretty easily outheal it if you spread your slaves out.