Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 44

well darn, i tried your suggestion lyonheart but halfway across the circle 2 or 3 will agro the frost mage even though he's done nothing but stand there, they run right through the consecrate and beat on him.
    I wish i knew what the hell was creating agro on that mage, it's really frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsyguy1 View Post
    well darn, i tried your suggestion lyonheart but halfway across the circle 2 or 3 will agro the frost mage even though he's done nothing but stand there, they run right through the consecrate and beat on him.
    I wish i knew what the hell was creating agro on that mage, it's really frustrating.
    You could always make an invis macro. Also I wonder if the mage talent focus magic causes threat when they receive the buff? It's a long shot, but I noticed how the warlock armor buff gives threat when hes standing around (obviously the +health every 5 secs makes mobs mad). Other than that I cant think of what would do it.

i tried the mage with several combinations of buffs and couldn't figure out what was causing it, i think i even tried no pet and no buffs. I can usually grab agro back quick enough in normal mode but heroic he gets 1 shot before i can save him. I think i'm gonna just have to find what works for me and setup some hotkeys to take agro off the mage automatically without having to change targets and such.

Lyon. so you are doing something like this:

Green is your dps group

Red is tank which moves to LOS?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've noticed this agro thing, and my best guess is one of my totems. What I did to compensate:

First group that enters the room (2 mobs), hammer of the righteous.
    Second group (2 mobs), avengers shield.

I actually move out a little in front once the get to me and do this. It seems to work pretty well for me so far, but does require quite a bit of micro.

I didn't have much luck at all with the "group them in the back of the room" approach, but maybe I just don't understand what he's saying.
    No matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    You could always make an invis macro. Also I wonder if the mage talent focus magic causes threat when they receive the buff? It's a long shot, but I noticed how the warlock armor buff gives threat when hes standing around (obviously the +health every 5 secs makes mobs mad). Other than that I cant think of what would do it.
    Yeah, my warlock creates lots of problems for me due to getting aggro. I try and top the warlock off before finishing a wave but the warlock will still occasionally pull aggro.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

HEROIC

im running druid 3 ele 1 resto and i can do almost every heroic. hor waves are easy for me i dont have problems were very well geard and limited upgrades available. except tank which im working on as i changed.

on the first boss i always get him to <10% health and he becomes some imba cant hurt me biatch boss as he takes crazy amount of damage reduction. we go oom at this stage and i struggle to find the mana to heal and dps at the same time.

i rely on chain heal to top the group up before he fears with the dot, when i go oom and toons health is below 90% hp chances are they will die.

my healer has 26k mana ele got 21k. even with mana tide and thunder i cant take him down we do 3-5.5k dps depending on build up.

sure i farm icc trash, but cant kill a boss who has a stupid fear and a dirty dot and insane dmg reduction.

any advice on what i can do? if i can kill first boss every other one will be easy

Paladin Team: Holyalpha, Holybravo, Holycharlie, Holydelta, Holyecho
    Warlock Team: Pantafive, Soxisix, Setteseven, Oktoeight, Novenine
    Shaman Team: - Twiz, Twjz, Twlz, Twrz, Twfz
    Hunter Team: Unaone, Bissotwo, Terrathree, Kartefour, Janmoon
    -------------------------
    Ashbringer - Horde

Falric is the boss I find really problematic. After the fear you bascially have to heal everyone up straight away but the time it takes to realign your toons (and just hoping they don't get stuck ) is a killer.

I usually pop bloodlust straight away and just hope that after the fear my toons aren't too far spread out.
    If I am lucky on that I usually get him down but if not it's quite often a wipe.

One of the reason I usually don't HoR anymore (don't need anything from it either), just odd that my two battered hilts I got so far actually dropped in that forgotten place

Not sure if this will help anyone but stumbled across this the other night on the lich king phase.

wen you start the event for the running phase move to wer there is a brazer thing on the left hand side (be carefull you dont fall down the gap), let the Lich King pass you, he does not put his aura on straight away and wen he summons the mobs they all appear in the same area, making it easier for the tanks to pick up. Then stay behind him for all the walls. when you have done the last wall, peg it as fast as ur little toon legs will carry you up to the "dead end" and hey presto done.

the good thing about doing it this way is it buys you some more time to take down the mobs before he reaches the wall and his aura would hit you, not a lot more time but make the most of it.

Should state that I have only done this in pug groups or friend / guild runs, my shammies are only lvl 42 atm and would not get in due to not being geared enough
    Last edited by dougie700 : 01-12-2010 at 06:02 AM Reason: Additional line

So i've been running this dungeon lately(well tryin) and one thing that seems to always wipe me is the frost trap the fucking hunter drops will kill my framerates. Anyone else have this issue? I think it's the combination of all slaves standing on top of each other and two different ground textures being processed for each screen. I run them all on one very fast computer which has no problems with Dalaran, but these two effects (frost trap and Mage fire aoe) cripple my framerate. Basically my healer dies because I can't react fast enough due to slow frames.