Close
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 44

Just completed, I think the gauntlet is the easiest portion.
    Did take the glyph for turn evil, it helped for some instant fears on mages.
    2nd boss is pretty easy once I knew to dispell fast, and just move them as a group it was no problem at all.

Saved bloodlust and earth elementals for last wave and it was cake.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

omg Heroic is so freaking hard. I wiped sooo many times tonight and only got to the first boss once. My problem is when the wave spawns, i either have hots ticking on me and all 5+ 1 shot the healer or for some reason the mage gets auto agro (due to his water pet maybe?). No idea why mages generate agro just standing there but this one sure as hell does. I tried the entrance and spreading out and i tried the los corner and neither worked that great. the los corner the mobs would turn the corner and bam kill the healer and I couldn't tell healer was getting agro because mobs are so close that when they agro there's no time to react.
    damn that shits hard on heroic...

My lock generates aggro as well. It's that stupid self buff that generates health. Often he gets gibbed if I dont have thunderclap available.

Quote Originally Posted by Multibocks View Post
    My lock generates aggro as well. It's that stupid self buff that generates health. Often he gets gibbed if I dont have thunderclap available.

ewwww warrior tank ;o. yeah i can imagine you getting insta gibbed. I almost feel like a aoe sitting at the front is a requirement for this. Props to first non paladin / dk tank that does this.

Shaman FTL Setup -

is there a pally move that generates ambient threat? IE, something i can do to have minimal threat over the others when the wave starts? (i know there used to be moves warriors could do that would up their threat on all targets on a base level (without mobs near or engaging them, just the fight starting)

The pally could do a quick flash of light (heal) on itself to generate some healer aggro.
    -Legion of Boom Founder-
    -Retired-

Quote Originally Posted by outdrsyguy1 View Post
    is there a pally move that generates ambient threat? IE, something i can do to have minimal threat over the others when the wave starts? (i know there used to be moves warriors could do that would up their threat on all targets on a base level (without mobs near or engaging them, just the fight starting)
    you drop a consecration at the front of the area. Fearing and being the first thing in LOS helps to.

Shaman FTL Setup -

thanks fursphere, i'll try that one.

I did try the consecrate on the edge of the turn but eventually a couple mobs get enough agro and just turn the corner and splat the healer. I'm gonna try again later this weekend, gears a hair better and i retooled my dps and it's much better too.

( these tips are for paly tank teams )

I have had this place on farm since patch day. First thing to remember is "do not panic" People seem to panic and forget little things. The KEY to the waves is LoS. I do not have my guys in the "v"of the cubby due to the fact that the mobs right on the other side of the wall will agro them when they spawn. They agro the closest player between you and them ( out of combat ) I put them on the back wall and I make sure every nasty MFing mob sees my ugly face( my tank) when they spawn. I know whats inc before it gets there.

How I do it. Let all the spawning mobs see you by standing in the door way and a tad in front of it. Take inventory of what is about to spawn ( you can see them in a"casting animation" before they spawn) Once they all have seen you and they start heading to you, lay down a consecration and run your tank into that "V" so he is completely out of LoS. DO NOT HEAL/HoT/DPS yet, WAIT until all the mobs are in the cubby and on your tank. use HOLY WRATH to buy time and start your killing. I kill the priest first, then mages. I stun the priest and burn it down. If no priest, i stun a mage and burn it down.

If you "mostly run 5 mans and do not have the Elemental Fire Glyph.. WHY NOT? eles every 5 minutes help a lot in this zone. i PoP them on the 5th wave. I also use them on the last wave of LK trash waves.

For the first boss just tank and spank, have interact with target and click to move enabled. When you get feared,while your running, start spamming your CH button, so when you stop you can top off. Then IWT and repeat. I lay down magmas when i get my crew near him again, and use novas when I'm feared. ( if all my fire eles are dead)

The last boss is EASY. I spread my team out ( macro ) and just tank him way out in front so i can see who gets the debuff thingy under them. i just move everyone forward a tad and heal.

The thing to keep in mind is the timed use of your consecrations, holy wrath, stuns is vital! I lay down conc at the door once all mobs have spawned and are otw. don't wait too long or the closer ones can run by you and get on your team ( i think the totems can agro them on your team ) When i get into the "V" i wait until I see the casters in front of me, or that riflemen, ( the ranged take longest to get to you ) and I hit Holy Wrath and conc again, making sure I do not heal or do anything with my alts before the HW. Then i move out a tad so i can see everything and take care of the punks one by one 8)

tips. USE potions to help top off mana/HPs in a pinch. Don't be cheap, your not Niley, you NEED flasks and food buffs 8)
    Drink after each wave, use your mana tide before last trash wave and pop fire eles.

I wanted to add that I have run all my alts through here now. I use paly tank and 3 shams and then add an alt. my mage, boomkin/bear, and hunter all have items I wanted for them in here now. Once you get the LoSing down. Its easy. ( my guys are emblem geared, I'm no Niley hehe)

Aslo, I have cleared all three heroic ICC 5mans everyday and still no Battered Hilt 8(
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 12-26-2009 at 02:29 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

hmm.. okay so the whole team in V thing didn't work, like LYon said, eventually a couple round the corner, take 2 tics of consecrate and one shot a healer or dps anyways.

Lyonheart, thanks, i'm gonna try that method, sounds reasonable if i can live long enough till all the mobs get there hehe.

I tried to figure out why the mage takes agro over me even when he is behind me and haven't figured it out yet. He's frost spec and i've tried starting with no pet or buffs and he still takes agro, it's really frustrating! he tends to die on the start of the 3rd or 4th wave, it's just weird.