Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 44

I was working on this last night on heroic. I got about a bazillion wipes under my belt for that one {thank god for Jeeves}.

I used the LOS in the alcoves. But I had my slaves further in the cubby, backed into the V so they were facing out toward the back wall of the alcove instead of across. This helped stack up the adds into the same tiny area so I could Consecrate and lead them to range {for the hunter}.

It took a few tries, but I managed to get to the first boss. Falric was pretty much a relief after dealing with the waves. I'm not gonna go through his debuffs, that's what Wowhead is for. A few things to keep in mind, tremor totem does not seem to work against the group fear, but it does seem resistable. I had shadow res aura up and resisted his Defiling horror twice on my tank, once on my healer and once on one of my DPS, but don't count on it. Keep everyone topped off because the damage that comes with it is pretty hefty. Interact with target to get back in range after the fearbomb and he's pretty much tank'n'spank beyond that.

From here on out, the waves get worse. There's more of them and most of them are ranged. I'm really thinking CC is key at this point, but it's really hard to manage the time to set it up beyond the first new wave.

On the plus side, when you wipe, the waves start from after the first boss, so you don't have to start all over. I've got a bunch of upgrades to take care of and I need to tweak my macros, which should help, but I was not feeling it last night. Maybe I'll have better luck now that I'm not coming in right after clearing PoS.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Rated Arena Member

For those running with a pally tank, pick up a Glyph of Turn Evil for the waves. I did it the first time without but it gets really hairy on waves 8 9 and 10, ESPECIALLY if you get a double mage pull. Generally, I just fear the priest, kill the melee and let groundings take care of the mages until I can get the melee out of the way. If I get 2 mages I just keep a mage feared and then kill the priest... Escaping Arthas is easier than the waves, but overall, it's a great instance.
    Back to Warcraft!
    Shaggir, Shaggira, Shaggire, Shaggiri, Shaggiro - 5 Shamans US-Coilfang(H)

today finnaly completed in heroic mode with 5 paladins.
    in waves room i found better tactic, at lest for me and for a full pala group: i stay in middle, have wrote a simple macro like /target mob(by name) /cast repentance for all 4 retri pala. so i can CC 4 mobs : now it is (almost) a simple single target-chain fight.
    boss 1 is annoying with his fear spell.
    final event: i hide the whole group in the sides (where is rocks ofc) so i stay hidden.
    mobs come to me, i turn away from group the big mobs and attack casters.
    casters are really dangerous for melee coz they can stop themselves too far away.
    often i wiped coz cant attack them if Lich King reach their position.
    with current mobs huge movement( you noticed?), tanking them is not exactly easy: hope blizzard fix it soon.
    just today i wiped 7/8 times before do this final part.
    heroic Icc 5 men all cleared

How are people dealing with the debuff from the first guy ? Or maybe I just need to DPS harder lol. I think I should put the toons closer it took a second to realign them after getting horrified.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

If you put all your DPS'ers on top of the skull altar in the middle for the first boss, they won't run all over the place when they get feared. All you have to do then is face them towards the boss and you're set to DPS again.

that fear is god damn brutal. getting through the waves is areal pain then to wipe when boss is at 7k hp cause he takes like 90% less dmg at 50k hp or somthing.
    5x Hunter-Avoïd, Avoîd, Avoìd, Avôid, Avöid--Bleeding Hollow server
    If You Don't Stand For Something, You Will Fall For Anything!

Last edited by Niley : 12-19-2009 at 11:22 PM
    <Impervious>stormreaver PvP US

My Videos

I am running a warrior tank and wihtout gluesecration the los thing really didn't work for me, besides I got a bit confused with everything so cramped.

I finally postioned my toons at the entrance and spread them out as far as I could to avoid multiple flamestike hits - worked a lot better for me. With charge and the various stuns a warrior has in its arsenal I managed to keep them at bay.

The bosses were almost a relief, wiped on that nasty well thing though which really hurts.

However the final part is really giving me trouble. I wiped so often that first time in a while I was very close of venting my rage on my keyboard

I'm using the los trick as well.

The ranged don't shoot/cast through the walls, at least they don't for me. The key is to get everybody in the very front corner of the room. Back them up in there, including the tank. If you are having troubles with the camera being in that corner behind all the toons, back your tank in the corner and the swivel the camera 180 degrees. This way you can see the whole room.

At some point you will need to bring the tank out of the alcove because the casters will move back and keep casting. That's fine, at this point you can do whatever you like since all of the mobs are in the room. Just move him back as soon as the current wave is completed.

While I know you take a lot of damage from flamestrike, I still think it's better to just heal through it if you can, rather than running around trying to avoid it. The key to these types of encounters, imo, is getting shit dead, and moving around is counter to that. I know, so is lots of healing, but I think it takes less time and mana wasn't really an issue for me (keep water shield up if they are shaman).

No real clever strats needed on bosses, just burn them down and regroup after the fear. Yeah, tremor is worthless. WTF is up with blizzard and making every fight lately immune to totems?
    No matter where you go, there you are.

YES omg i finally made it (and im not as geared as niley is - only got 2 pieces of t9 actually) after a 5% wipe at Marwyn -.- (oom) Use the LoS trick, kill the mages first and dont get oom
    Last edited by SideWays : 12-23-2009 at 05:32 AM

<<Grim Batol - EU>>