Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 48

Arrow Instance Boosting Videos Pre 3.3

THESE VIDEOS ARE OBSOLETE AS OF 3.3
    Blizzard has reduced the range that you receive XP at.

Before you watch any of these videos you should know a few things. There are not super new ground breaking techniques in these videos. I've taken multiple teams from 1-60 via questing and I just recently started boosting in instances. I found out a few things along the way through trial and error and, even though some of these things are listed in other people's videos and guides, I thought I would compile everything in a few quick and simple HD videos. If after watching the YouTube links you cannot seem get enough of the videos, there are 720p and 1080p download links provided in the description of each of the YouTube videos.

Enjoy
    -Fenril/MiRai

Scarlet Monastery - Library
    I did not feel it was necessary to do a video on this wing of Scarlet Monastery. You can leave your team parked at the entrance and they will receive experience throughout the entire instance. Scarlet Diviners and Scarlet Chaplains will reset if you pull them too far. I usually kill them on the spot before continuing towards Doan, or else clean them up on the way out.

Scarlet Monastery - Armory
    YouTube | 720p WMV | 1080p WMV

Scarlet Monastery - Cathedral

Zul'Farrak

Scholomance
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-30-2009 at 07:08 PM Reason: Patch 3.3 makes these videos obsolete

jesus how long did it take you to figure this all out for boosting with the red lines. I also thought u didnt receive exp unless ur group was like 100 yards or further away. But this is awesome esp with cata coming out. I might not do the whole raf thing again or maybe i will boost to 60 should only take me what less then 24 hrs lol. Thanks for the post good shit.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Blog Entries

Good videos for sure.
    I like the explanations on them.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

man that looks hard as a warrior

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder
    jesus how long did it take you to figure this all out for boosting with the red lines. I also thought u didnt receive exp unless ur group was like 100 yards or further away. But this is awesome esp with cata coming out. I might not do the whole raf thing again or maybe i will boost to 60 should only take me what less then 24 hrs lol. Thanks for the post good shit.
    Not very long at all. The first time I would be in an instance I would do a 'test' run to see how far away they could get experience. I would just kill a single target further and further away until I wasn't receiving XP on the slave screens and then made a mental note. Of course those borders are not set in stone. If you park your guys 3 yards closer than I did that red line is move over by 3 yards...but I think they are good guide lines to base off of. I was under the impression that you'd have to be a lot closer as well but as you can see in the videos, where I'm fighting the Jamab XP meters continue to increase. Editing the videos and throwing in the 'special effects' probably took the longest out of everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa
    Good videos for sure.
    I like the explanations on them.
    Thank you sir. You got to see the previews over at isboxer.com.

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz
    man that looks hard as a warrior
    Hard? I never came close to dying in any of the videos. I will not pretend I didn't die though. The first time I was in Scholo I pulled so much of the instance it killed me. And I learned the hard way with pulling half of ZF and then getting chain hexed.

ZF won`t show for my country sadly.

Maybe for SM cath. It can be done faster. Just run in without agroing anyone(or just the first mob since low level chars will agro it and this method won`t pull him).
    Run to the cathedral without agroing, when you get inside don`t take the middle path take the left or right and try not to agro untill you end up at the boss. Try to kill him as fast as possible then run down the path behind him to the next boss. If you are fast enough mobs won`t be onyou, instead they`ll be crying over the bosses death corpse. Then spank the woman untill she sleeps. After that you run out, jump of the fountain and then into the hallway like you did. This way it gives you the whole instance at a time.
    If you run out of the cathedral while zigzagging you can manage to get out while getting hit once. The mobs are stupid and will stand still sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I noticed when I posted one of my videos on youtube with music instead of game sounds, it got blocked in germany.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Added direct downloadable HD links in original post.

Maybe for SM cath. It can be done faster. Just run in without agroing anyone(or just the first mob since low level chars will agro it and this method won`t pull him).
    Run to the cathedral without agroing, when you get inside don`t take the middle path take the left or right and try not to agro untill you end up at the boss. Try to kill him as fast as possible then run down the path behind him to the next boss. If you are fast enough mobs won`t be onyou, instead they`ll be crying over the bosses death corpse. Then spank the woman untill she sleeps. After that you run out, jump of the fountain and then into the hallway like you did. This way it gives you the whole instance at a time.
    If you run out of the cathedral while zigzagging you can manage to get out while getting hit once. The mobs are stupid and will stand still sometimes.
    The video I recorded with FRAPS was a total of 2 minutes and 38 seconds [before editing]. Even by doing Library -> Armory -> Cathedral -> Reset I still hit the instance reset timer [if I don't loot] because you can blow through all of those so fast. Shaving 15-20 seconds off of that pull would probably not make a big difference.
    Last edited by MiRai : 12-07-2009 at 02:43 PM

ok, very very nice... but how did you make your vids so clear. even for youtube they are very nice......
    My Wife Said That I Had To Stop Playing WoW Or She Was Going To Leave......
    Now I Multibox 5 Accounts!

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    Hard? I never came close to dying in any of the videos. I will not pretend I didn't die though. The first time I was in Scholo I pulled so much of the instance it killed me. And I learned the hard way with pulling half of ZF and then getting chain hexed.
    Not dying.. just really complicated pulls compared to a paladin.. but we have a few little tricks that make boosting a faceroll