Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 48

New "line" is:

Library: Still whole instance, expet the last boss room.
    Armory: About 30-40 yards back. Id say stay at the stairs and kill them to be sure.
    Cathedral: Just outside of the cathedral door. The "aggro-magnet" still works.

Happy boosting. Boosted my paladins 10-40 yesterday
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

Quote Originally Posted by heyaz View Post
    I had noticed the RAF range to be shorter than regular XP range in the past, so I got in the habit of pulling everything to the front anyway
    I'm not sure what the difference in RaF range is....

As you can see whether the combat log indicates I get RaF or not there is no difference in experience. These screenshots are from Patch 3.3

Nice vids Fenril! I loved the explanations.

I'm about to start up a caster squad and dreaded the thought of having to 1-60 them without RaF (or with it for that matter).

I have a question regarding what instance to do before SM. I've heard people recommending SFK over Deadmines. Is SFK that much better to boost compared to Deadmines? If it is ... it is. I play alliance, so I'd rather not have to drag 4 toons that far early on if I can avoid it.
    One Man Army - Proudmore
    PvE Caster (Current) - Pally, Mage, Lock, Ele Shammy, Priest
    PvE Melee (78) - Druid, Ret Pally, Warrior, 2 x Shaman

PvE Ranged (parked @60) - Pally, Boomkin, Hunter, 2 x Shaman

Id say RFC 10-20, if your horde. Its good enuf and fast GL.
    <Autobots Roll Out>
    Outland EU Alliance Multiboxing Guild

Glows Movies @ WCM
    Movie account stats: ~300 000 views - 4.69/5 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Emo? View Post
    I'm alliance - that's why I'd prefer not to make the long trek while my guys are that low of a lvl. I'll give Deadmines a go since I level in the human starting area. If it proves a pain then I'll suck it up and head over to SFK.
    One Man Army - Proudmore
    PvE Caster (Current) - Pally, Mage, Lock, Ele Shammy, Priest
    PvE Melee (78) - Druid, Ret Pally, Warrior, 2 x Shaman

PvE Ranged (parked @60) - Pally, Boomkin, Hunter, 2 x Shaman

If you set your accounts up in order [ie; A>B>C>D>E] they can all summon each other. You run your high level booster to the instance and your slaves never have to see the outside world. And yes I'd highly recommend SFK over Deadmines because you never have to move your slaves...you can leave them parked at the entrance.

I'm alliance and when I started my setup, I screwed up my RAF setup, so I just waited till it ran out before I started boosting. I ran my alts around the starting zone a bit to get them all to 10, then grinded them through Deadmines till 15, then from there I grinded them through the Stockades instead of making that long run to SFK. At the time, I only grinded them up to lvl 20-25 to meet up with my old alts that have been sitting up at those levels also so I can run same class teams. Once I get my Pally team up to 80, I'll go back and work on my old alts some more. I used my BM hunter to grind them with. He's still in his S1 Gladiator set, so he survives on his own pretty well. Once I rounded up a sizable mob, I'd toss down an Explosive Trap to get the first hits, then sick my bear on them casting Thunderstomp to draw off aggro, then lay down Volley. Running Stocks, I've hit the instance limit this way quite a few times, so I'd have about 20-30 minutes atleast of downtime when I made the fast runthroughs. Thats when I didn't loot the corpses, but just went in for the xp grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Emo? View Post
    I hope you mean SFK instead of RFC.

Just boosted a friend's RAF toons myself, had him quest to lvl 8, then did: (horde)
    RFC: 8-10
    SFK: 10-20
    SM: 20-45
    Scholo: 45 to 50 so far

As far as xp range goes, I have not noticed any difference, though I normally pull everything to the entrance in SM armory and cath, in library, the boosted chars could still get loot from the last boss master looted to them, so I dunno about the xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenril View Post
    If you set your accounts up in order [ie; A>B>C>D>E] they can all summon each other. You run your high level booster to the instance and your slaves never have to see the outside world. And yes I'd highly recommend SFK over Deadmines because you never have to move your slaves...you can leave them parked at the entrance.
    And for you, I hope you didn't link your high level account that you boost with to your alt account...
    Last edited by Maxion : 01-01-2010 at 02:24 PM
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    As far as xp range goes, I have not noticed any difference, though I normally pull everything to the entrance in SM armory and cath, in library, the boosted chars could still get loot from the last boss master looted to them, so I dunno about the xp.
    We've already verified that it's been changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxion View Post
    And for you, I hope you didn't link your high level account that you boost with to your alt account...
    As a matter of fact I did. How would you have had me do it?
    Last edited by MiRai : 01-01-2010 at 03:19 PM

Blog Entries

As of yesterday, if you leave your slaves at zone in, in Shadowfang Keep, they do not get experience for the whole instance.

My roommate is boosting some new toons, on the other faction there now. He faction-changed his DK main for the boosting. I'll ask him when he needed to move toons, and where he moved them etc. But zin, is no longer experience for the whole instance.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa