Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default BC - HFC - Ramparts (Ramps)

I tried my first instance last night with my elemetal team. Going in one was 64, and the rest were 62. It went reasonably well. There was one wipe on trash due to a bad pull other than that all was good. One shaman dinged 65, and another 63 while inside too.

However, the last boss - the dragon. Didn't manage to get him down to 50% before I was dead. First time I went down pretty quickly. Second attempt I dropped a fire resistence totem....lasted a bit longer but not much.

I was assuming that for this fight, it's more a matter of spreading the shaman out so the fire damage at the front of the dragon doesn't affect the whole team? It's also pretty mana intensive for me at the moment. They were all levelled with RAF and so a lot of their gear is just any mail stuff I could find....a lot of it is aimed at melee.

I used to do it by nuking down the orc while rotating grounding totems to eat the dragons spit attacks in the air, and when the dragon lands, drop an earth elemental, make sure the dragon isn't facing you, continue with the grounding totems, and nuke him down.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

The dude before the dragon was fine...was just the dragon that got me.....I also don't get earth elemental until level 66.

Right, I used to do it on heroic. Can't remember how I did it pre-66. :/

Hmm, I faintly remember someone using a tactic that allows you to lower the dragon hp before getting aggro, by shooting him before pulling the last two trash mobs.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Kaynin View Post
    Hmm, I faintly remember someone using a tactic that allows you to lower the dragon hp before getting aggro, by shooting him before pulling the last two trash mobs.
    I remember reading that too. I think it was a full druid team "stealthing" through the guards and "DOTing" the dragon from the other side of the platform.

Fire resistance is key for that fight. I remember I had to use potions the few first time on my hunters+druid team.

I suppose I could run through...when I pick up aggro from the 2 guards, I could drop my totems....there's some stoneclaw and magma totems there. That'll let me run through, fire on 5 flame shocks and maybe a chain lightning before having to pick up the guards. I'll try to give it a shot and report back.

Failing that, I'll sort some keybinds on ISBoxer for spreading the team out.

I've been running it with my low-60s DK/shaman team, and have found it easy going. Get barely within range of Vazruden as he circles the platform and blast him on each pass. It takes me five or six passes to knock him down to 1 health but it's not too bad. Proceed to kill the last two guards, then engage the boss as he comes running in. If you happen to have any dots on the dragon, it'll die as soon as it lands, but otherwise you can rely on the shamans' incredible burst, fire res totem, and chain heal to end the fight quickly enough.

I always had a ton of trouble on this fight with my lock and mage teams. Now with totems, and knowing the surface-to-air-destruction trick, it's as easy as trash.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by Malekyth View Post
    I've been running it with my low-60s DK/shaman team, and have found it easy going. Get barely within range of Vazruden as he circles the platform and blast him on each pass. It takes me five or six passes to knock him down to 1 health but it's not too bad. Proceed to kill the last two guards, then engage the boss as he comes running in. If you happen to have any dots on the dragon, it'll die as soon as it lands, but otherwise you can rely on the shamans' incredible burst, fire res totem, and chain heal to end the fight quickly enough.

I always had a ton of trouble on this fight with my lock and mage teams. Now with totems, and knowing the surface-to-air-destruction trick, it's as easy as trash.
    Where is it you stand to do this?

Drop ur fire ele totems or earth ele totems. Then you run in and start blasting boss the ele will kill the gaurds and by then youll have the boss almost dead.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Drop ur fire ele totems or earth ele totems. Then you run in and start blasting boss the ele will kill the gaurds and by then youll have the boss almost dead.
    Unfortunately I'm not high enough level to get the elementals yet. Earth elemental is at 66 and fire at 70. I'm not running heroic mode, just normal.