Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: HKN (Help?)

Exclamation HKN (Help?)

Hi I use HKN and i've learned alot about it in just a few hours but there's just a couple of things i can't quiet figure out.
    You see i like to run with the arrows. but i also like to run with W, A, S, D, Q, E as well and sometime with my mouse (click both buttons at the same time) but i'm not quiet sure how to put that in my script. I also can't figure out how to keep my people lined up. I am running with two right now and would like them side by side. But anytime i get them side by side if i turn at all and continue walking it screws up the formation. I also can't use the mouse on the background window. I don't minimize it though. could ya'll help please?
    Code:
    //-----------------------------------------------------------
    // PRESS CTRL R TO RENAME WOW'S IF YOU LAUNCH THEM MANUALLY
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Ctrl R>
        <SendPC local>
            <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW1>
            <RenameWin "World of Warcraft" WoW2>

// SUBROUTINE TO LAUNCH AND RENAME A COPY OF WOW.
    <Command LaunchAndRename>
       <SendPC %1%>
          <Run "d:\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe">
            <RenameTargetWin %2%>

// HOTKEY TO LAUNCH AND RENAME BOTH WOW'S.
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn Alt Ctrl L>
        <LaunchAndRename Local WoW1>
        <LaunchAndRename Local WoW2>

// DEFINE MAIL LABELS FOR SENDING KEY STROKES
    <Label w1 Local SendWinM WoW1>
    <Label w2 Local SendWinM WoW2>

// DEFINE HOTKEYS FOR ALL KEY COMBINATIONS THAT WILL GET
    // SENT TO BOTH WOWS. ADD MORE KEY COMBO'S IF YOU WANT.
    <Hotkey ScrollLockOn A-Z, 0-9, Plus, Minus, F1-F12, Tab, except Q, W, E, A, S, D>
    <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// DEFINE MOVEMENT KEYS THAT WILL GET SENT TO BOTH WOW'S.
    // ADD MORE KEYS IF YOU WANT.
    <MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn w, a, s, d, up, down, left, right, space>
    <SendLabel w1, w2>
    <Key %Trigger%>

// BROADCAST MOUSE CLICKS. HOLD DOWN OEM3 (ON U.S. KEYBOARDS,
    // THAT'S THE SQUIGGLE KEY IN UPPPER LEFT CORNER) WHEN YOU
    // WANT TO BROADCAST.
    <UseKeyAsModifier Oem3>

<Hotkey ScrollLockOn Oem3 LButton, MButton, RButton, Button4, Button5>
       <SendLabel w1, w2>
          <ClickMouse %TriggerMainKey%>

Hi,

your script looks perfectly fine.

And I think the problems you described with movement are more the common: 'I like to sync my movement problem', than anything that has to do with HKN.

To clearify this: - Most new multiboxer have the idea, of when they want to move arround in the world, that they do this with synchronized movements, this doesn't works in WoW because of slight lack and orientation issues. This is the reason, why a reliable 'side-by-side' movement isn't possible.

So to overcome this, what most multiboxers do is, that they have on 'main' and the other Toon(s) simply follows them, by a '/follow' macro.

This is also the reason, why in the original HKN scripts Q,A,S,E,D,W aren't broadcasted. And only the coursor-keys are defined as movement keys, which where broadcasted.

For the mouse-problem, it normaly should work, so that when you press 'Oem3 + a mouse Button' (Oem3 on a american keyboard should be the key left to 1) the keyclicks are broadcasted. Only thing to keep in mind here, is that the windows shouldn't be minimized, the internal resolution should be the same (and as always HKN is 'run as Administrator').
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

[Edit: Olipcs covered a lot of this but anyways..]

Quote Originally Posted by Trythas View Post
    You see i like to run with the arrows. but i also like to run with W, A, S, D, Q, E as well and sometime with my mouse (click both buttons at the same time) but i'm not quiet sure how to put that in my script.
    You already have movement hotkeys set up in your script correctly. It is this bit here:
    Code:
     // DEFINE MOVEMENT KEYS THAT WILL GET SENT TO BOTH WOW'S.
     // ADD MORE KEYS IF YOU WANT.
     <MovementHotkey ScrollLockOn w, a, s, d, up, down, left, right, space>
     <SendLabel w1, w2>
     <Key %Trigger%>
    You should probably add Q and E to this list.

If it is still not working, try making sure that HKN has correctly renamed the windows to WoW1 and WoW2 after launching HKN and pressing Ctrl Alt L with the scroll lock on (since this is how the script has been written).
    Not running HKN with 'run as administrator' is one possible cause if this does not happen.

PS There is a sample script that includes a nice way to get HKN to do the launching and resizing and border removal for you here:
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=16177

I also can't figure out how to keep my people lined up. I am running with two right now and would like them side by side. But anytime i get them side by side if i turn at all and continue walking it screws up the formation.
    Assuming you are playing WoW, then you should use the /follow command in-game to move the group around. Put it in a macro like "/follow NameHere", bind the same key to that macro on every wow window (except the leader). Press the button and your toons will follow the main toon around. More info is available around these forums - it is a very old problem/solution so best to search it out.

I also can't use the mouse on the background window. I don't minimize it though. could ya'll help please?
    Normal operation should be to click once anywhere on the window (to focus the window). Subsequent clicks should be seen by that wow window. This would happen with or without HKN running.
    The only mousey thing your script does is it sends the click to the same coordinates on both windows if you also hold down Oem3 (which is the ` key normally).
    Playing with full mouse broadcasting (like copying more than just individual clicks) is not needed, and beyond what I can help you with. For example, you will never be able to steer both toons simultaneously with the mouse - so use follow.
    Last edited by Flekkie : 11-30-2009 at 12:18 PM
    Coming out of nowhere drivin' like rain, Stormbringer dance on the thunder again
    Dark cloud gathering breaking the day, no point running cause its coming your way

Rainbow shaker on a stallion twister, bareback rider on the eye of the sky
    Stormbringer coming down meaning to stay, thunder and lightning heading your way

Ride the rainbow crack the sky, Stormbringer coming time to die

~ Deep Purple, Stormbringer