Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 18 of 18

"I lost 4 in that last fight. Damn those whirly axes. But he is dead isn't he? On to Nexus."

That's what happened to me too on my 1st (and only) successful run of UK but I didn't succeed until 78 (I fear I suck). Gratz...Nexus so far is way easier for me....except for that Mage, grrrr wtf lol.

If you make things dead, then your doing it right. Congrats, I hated the second boss in this dungeon.

Just two years behind you..lol! Im also stuck on the second boss. 5 pallies. The damn caster is rockin me, if I focus on the melee guy. My healing seems to be slow, sluggish, or just not getting it out fast enough, when the melee guy freaks, rushes, then I get a shadow bolt to the face = tank dead.

level 71 pallies should be able to down this boss encounter right? (I should mention, I am leveling way faster than the gear, so my gear is CRAP.. no enchants, no gems. Could this be an issue?)
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-23-2014 at 07:53 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Apps View Post
    when the melee guy freaks, rushes, then I get a shadow bolt to the face = tank dead.
    If everyone is in melee range Skarvald will not Charge/Intercept anyone. It that's the approach you want to
    take then I would suggest tanking both bosses on top of each other so that when you switch to Dalronn
    everyone is still in melee range of Skarvald without having to reposition.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-23-2014 at 07:52 AM

I wish that were the case Fen. Its not the charge, its sort of a rush, or a cleave hit with a knockback. One sec, Ill go look up his abilities.

Ok, its called Stone Strike: Inflicts 100% of normal weapon damage, and knocks back the enemy. Apparently this also is a cleave effect, and the knockback is pushing all toons out of melee range, so a quick IWT, and attempting a heal... if the boss rages, AND I get shadow bolted... ugh.

Well, I tried it again, (oh, incidentally, I have been tanking both with one guy.) Another round of failures. Im definitely doing something wrong. Time to restrat, and write boss encounter specific macros for this boss.
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-23-2014 at 07:52 AM

Use cooldowns, pop divine guardian if it happens. You have several 'hands of ..' on your pallies, you have lay on hands, wog. Try to setup a rotation, and you can do cancelaura spell to get rid of it as soon as the damage spike is gone.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Update: My first couple attempts were at level 70, and again at 71. Last night I downed the boss(s) at level 72, with a few armor upgrades from quests. It was easy. So, feeling confident, I proceeded to Ingvar the Plunderer...
    Phase one is easy. very little movement, action, and healing.
    Phase two wipes me every time. And I know why, just not sure what to do about it.
    1. my melee group sometimes is "too close" and the frontal cone of the Ground slam, gets a couple in the back. (annoying really, as I "can" heal through it.

Is there a "/follow" toggle that I can do or macro, to park the group?

2. That damn whirling Axe. I HATE this thing.

As I am predicting I will have more and more difficult encounters from Wrath up, I will need to move the group on occasion. I tried the ALT+V to move players out, and Ive tried the ALT+F to "train" them out. Neither work well. I always loose one or two toons from this. Healing through it, isnt an option. What do you guys do, or recommend?
    Last edited by Khatovar : 04-23-2014 at 07:51 AM

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Use cooldowns, pop divine guardian if it happens. You have several 'hands of ..' on your pallies, you have lay on hands, wog. Try to setup a rotation, and you can do cancelaura spell to get rid of it as soon as the damage spike is gone.
    Great advice. Using a repeater region, I was able to get a Divine Shield around everyone during the whirling axe, and simply keep dpsing the boss till he died... ignoring the axe. Worked like a charm.

Last edited by Khatovar : 04-23-2014 at 07:50 AM