Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default WotLK - Utgarde Keep (UK) - Skarvald the Constructor and Dalronn the Controller

Well, the first part was easier than I thought it would be. I still had horror flashbacks of the wipe fests on the 5 shaman. I just finished setting up /click rotations, dps rotations, tanking rotation and a healing rotation (yes, a healing rotation). I wasn't expecting a smooth ride as the rotations was tested on a dummy but not thoroughly and this is my first shot at the /click approach.

The healing rotation works like a charm when the group is not taking damage. I fine tuned it a bit to keep the pally topped most of the time. Basically keeps a renew permanently on and then Prayer of Mendings now and then, flash heals now and then and a Fade and Shadowfiend if nothing else is being cast.

Verdict: mage dps amazing 1K ish already at 72, hunter not bad (kill shot not in the macro), warlock needs a lot of work. Paladin tanking is even more lol than in BC. My god, Divine Plea means the pally never even loses any mana. I don't have Shield of the Righteous yet but my rotation seems to easily hold aggro and the pally do decent dps for now. My pally finishes every single fight at full mana.

I wiped on my 1st Keleseth attempt because I didn't smash the ice tombs duh. Second attempt was pretty smooth.

I am now stuck on the twins, 2 or 3 hits and one of my ranged guys go down. One of them seems to just randomly attack and the other one constantly charges. Calling it a night, tomorrow's problem.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

For the second boss I would group everyone up near the tank. Take out the caster first, he's really easy, then burn down the remaining guy and pretend the ghost isn't there . Did you get the glyph that reduces dmg by 3% while divine plea is active?
    The poetry that comes from the squaring off between,
    And the circling is worth it,
    Finding beauty in the
    dissonance

For the 2nd boss:

Nuke the caster to 30%, nuke the melee to dead, nuke the caster, loot epix If they are getting lose and going after slaves, make sure everyone is in melee range so no one gets charged. Be quick with your taunts.

Ok, I just discovered Null in castsequence /facepalm. Time to rewrite a few macros and this will make my warlock macroing much much easier.

Code:
    /castsequence reset=target Corruption, Null
    /castsequence reset=target Curse of the Elements, Null
    I also don't think I buffed Shadow Resistance with the priest so that should negate some damage from the shadow bolting caster. Shadowfiend was also not getting cast, I might do Null castsequences for the long cooldown spells on the priest and make sure they are far enough down the priority chain so that it is rarely used on trash.

I still have lots of room left for improving. The hunter Kill Shot is something else I need to get into the rotation somehow. I am thinking of making it a fallback in the hunter rotation. So if the hunter is not doing anything else at the time the hunter will try to do Kill Shot.
    The Orcks of War

/facepalm

I just realized I was using Judgement of Wisdom exclusively, switching to Judgement of Light could swing things in my favor. So on the damage mitigation / healing side of things I will try the following:

Judgement of Light
    Shadow Protection
    Circle of Healing in the healing rotation
    Group close enough to avoid charge

It should be enough and if I can squeeze another 300 or so DPS out of the Warlock and a Kill Shot into the hunter rotation then the fight should be easy mode. I currently have a Life Tap in the Warlock rotation that I might take out just to gauge how long the warlock can go on her current mana pool.

For Ingvar I can Life Tap and heal to full between phases with the Mage evocating. Not sure about the hunter.
    The Orcks of War

Why not just put Kill Shot on a seperate button with HoW? It's got too long of a cooldown for too limited a timeframe to bother trying to add it to a rotation.
    Blog : Herding Khats
    Team : Kina - Çroaker - Messkit - Lìfetaker - Wìdowmaker
    Newbie Guides : Multiboxing Vol. 1 - Multiboxing Vol. 2 - HotKeyNet - Jamba
    The Almighty Lax made a liar out of me, apparently I DO get prizes for it.
    *Commences Wielding the Banhammer like there's piñatas up in here and I'm Lady Thor*

_ Forum search letting you down? Use the custom Google search _

Quote Originally Posted by Khatovar View Post
    Why not just put Kill Shot on a seperate button with HoW? It's got too long of a cooldown for too limited a timeframe to bother trying to add it to a rotation.
    /blush

HoW is not even used atm lol. I was wondering why I get a big yellow "Hammer of Wrath" announcement in the middle of my screen sometimes. Haven't got around to looking it up until now. Told you I just resurrected this team

I was thinking of just putting KS and things like HoW as fall throughs for the regular /click rotations which means I won't need to switch to a new button when mobs hit 20%.

But yes, no real reason I can't just put them on a separate button.
    The Orcks of War

Add drain soul to that button also. Can't have more than 32 shards now, so no worries about overflowing your bags.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

I lost 4 in that last fight. Damn those whirly axes. But he is dead isn't he? On to Nexus.
    The Orcks of War

Grats man!