Close
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 102
    Blog Entries

Default A guide to IS Boxer (Long)

A GUIDE TO IS BOXER

1. Getting Started
    IS Boxer is free, but requires Inner Space, which is a subscription based program. Jamba is an addon, which IS Boxer can integrate into its basic operations.

You can get a one-week trial version of InnerSpace/IS Boxer from Lax. Here is the link http://www.lavishsoft.com/joomla/ind...tact&Itemid=85

The IS subscriptions are available in 3 month and 12 month forms. If you mention someone referred you, both you and they get bonus time on the subscriptions. Your 3 month subscription is extended by 15 days and your 12 month subscription is extended by 30 days. If you find this guide useful and decide to use IS Boxer, I'd appreciate if you mention me (Ualaa) as your referral. My referral link is here: http://www.lavishsoft.com/account/re...referral=Ualaa

The basic process goes like this:
    1. Obtain a subscription to IS.
    2. Download IS and run it at least once (as Administrator, if running Vista/Win7)
    3. Download IS Boxer and install it to the IS folder.
    4. Run IS Boxer (as Administrator) and use the Wizard.
    5. Apply tweaks as desired, then export your configuration to Inner Space.
    6. Launch your character set from the IS menu.

You will need to download:
    InnerSpace - http://www.lavishsoft.com/downloads.php?p=innerspace
    IS Boxer http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index...oxer#Downloads
    Jamba - http://wow.jafula.com/addons/jamba

These videos have proven useful for setting up ISBoxer:
    40 second set up - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoZG6b9HjnM
    Your First Team - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHwjmXlI22Q
    Overview, Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3-Pr3_3AU
    Overview, Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIqLMBhoMQI
    Basic Multiboxing - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIe70mUTLdQ

The ISBoxer Wiki is an excellent resource and is found here: ISBoxer Wiki - http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/IS:ISBoxer

ISBoxer now has its own website: http://www.isboxer.com/
    The site contains numerous written guides: http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides
    And a strong collection of video tutorials: http://isboxer.com/index.php/videos

2. Features.
    This guide is written from the perspective of a warcraft player. However IS Boxer is very flexible and will run many titles including Age of Conan, Aion, Dark Ages of Camelot, Darkfall, Everquest, Everquest II, Eve Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Runes of Magic, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard: Saga of Heroes, Warhammer Online and of course World of Warcraft. It runs on all versions of Windows from 2000 onwards (32 and 64 bit versions).

IS Boxer...
    - Launches your team with a single click from the IS menu.
    - Can broadcast keys, via Repeater mode.
    - Accurately broadcasts mouse movement and clicks (you actually see a mouse in every window).
    - Can enable mouse broadcasting on a per Keymap basis for easy and precise ground target AoE use.
    - Switches from one window to another (PiP swap) virtually instantly.
    - Uses a powerful FTL assist method, without the need for any warcraft assist macros.
    - Features an incredibly powerful Keymap system which can configured for a very customized interface. If another boxing software can do it, IS Boxer can too.
    - Can create macros larger then the normal 255 character limit.
    - Creates virtual config files, so settings can vary on a per character basis.
    - Integrates many Jamba features right into itself.
    - Can take advantage of G15/G11 keys and other devices.
    - Includes a wizard for quick set up and demonstration of what is possible via its Keymaps.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 03-19-2010 at 07:17 PM

Blog Entries

3. The Wizard & Beyond.
    Inner Space has been downloaded and run at least once; IS Boxer has been installed to the IS folder.

The toolkit is divided into four sections. Along the top is the File, Wizards and Help menu. Then we have three panes. We use the top pane first to select what we're configuring. The left pane is next and selects specific things to change. The right pane is used last, and changes are made here.

Run the Wizard from the Wizards menu.

The Wizard:
    We need to tell it we are configuring World of Warcraft in the top field. In the middle field we tell it which file will be used to launch the game (there's only one choice once WoW has been selected in the top field) and finally we select the default wow profile in the bottom field.

Check "Yes" for Battle.Net and enter your B.Net email in the field. Click next.

If a character has been played it will appear on the master list. Double click the toon names for your desired team in the order you'll want them to load (pick a toon from account A, then a toon from Account B etc). You can manually enter a toon's name and server if you have not logged them into wow yet. Hit next.

Choose a nick name for your character set. I name my teams Blue, Red, Green and Black, but anything works. Click next.

There are two major options for the Layout screen.

You can give the active slot its own inactive slot, which means the bottom of the screen will be divided into five portions (for a 5-man team), with the active toons section "open" along the bottom. This option makes it very easy to tell which toon is active/hot.

Unchecking this box would instead divide the bottom of the screen into four windows, one for each of the non-active sessions. When you PiP switch, the active character trades positions with the inactive character.

You can choose for the inactive windows to appear along the bottom (default), top, left or right of the main window.

If you have more then one monitor you can enable it here.

Click next.

I suggest always having the wizard create basic macro's (first box unchecked), but make sure the second box is checked. If you check the third box, the other toons will automatically follow a new leader on any character switch. If you're using Jamba (highly recommended) ensure the 4th box is checked. I generally leave the last button unchecked, as I'd rather manually control Strobe then to have it turn on, on any switch. Hit Finish when done.

Additional Tweaking:
    On the top pane, click the + beside Virtual Files to expand this option. Then click on Config.WTF. Then click on the + beside Characters (also on the top pane). Drag the characters for your newly configured character set/team down from the top pane to the left pane. Once this is done, any configuration changes we make for any of these toons will be remembered on a per character basis. We can take our slaves and turn all their options down, while retaining higher video options on our main.

If you click on a character name in the top pane, on the left pane it will give information such as Action Target Groups the character is a part of.

Close Characters, by clicking on the minus symbol, then expand Character Sets. Click on your new character set. On the left pane it has the set name highlighted. On the right we will definitely want to check the third box and select a GUI toggle hotkey. Click the arrow to the right of the character field, then press the desired key with the desired modifiers -- I use / (? key) with the Alt and Control modifiers. Anything you're not likely to accidently press in game will work fine.

Under Slots (left pane) click on the 1. You'll want to set a hotkey to switch to this character. Shift F1, Control F1 or a G-Key are good options. Anything you'll remember will work. If you selected a Jamba option (master update, follow, or strobe) in the wizard, "When I switch to this character" will be checked, and "Do this Mapped Key" will be selected. You can make changes to the default behavior here.

I generally check every CPU core, which allows windows to manage which core is used and when. You can assign different cores to each character of the team. You can also check to limit your foreground and background frames per second here.

Each of your slots will want a unique set of FTL modifiers checked. It is easiest if you leave the default values selected. All that matters is that each slot is unique from the others. These modifiers will not impact your ability to create macros with modifier keys (they only affect three specific macro, which control FTL functions).

Repeat for each of the slots on your team.

On the top, expand Window Layouts and select your team.
    On the left ensure your team is selected.
    On the right I like to check, "Remove border around main window"
    You can enable Rollover from this menu (make the slave window larger by moving the mouse to it -- I generally just PiP swap, as it is instant).
    Regions will allow you to change your Layout if you desire.

On the top, Action Target Groups is worth mentioning here.
    Right click and select New Action Target Group.
    I made three ATG's, specifically for Ground Click Spells (mine are "AoE on 4", "AoE on 5", and "AoE on Shift A".
    Click on your newly created group.
    You can drag characters from the top pane to the left window to add them to these groups.
    I have all my Death Knights (Death & Decay), Druids (Hurricane), Hunters (Volley), Mages (Blizzard), Priests (Mass Dispel) and Warlocks (Flamestrike) in one group or another.
    In the Keymaps section, it is useful to have all classes with a ground-target spell in an action group together.

Backing up your Config:
    Nagivate to your InnerSpace folder.
    Find the file ISBoxerToolkitProfile (.xml) and copy it.
    Paste to a safe location.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 03-19-2010 at 07:25 PM

Blog Entries

4. Broadcast Modes
    IS Boxer has two sets of actions which will broadcast keys from the active toon to the alt/slaves. Your first tool is Repeater, and the second is Keymaps. You can independently enable or disable each of these, or even have both on or off at once.

Most other software boxing solutions broadcast keys in a 1:1 system, where any key pressed is sent to every other client. This is then modified via a White List (only send configured keys) or a Black List (do not send these keys).

Within IS Boxer, when Repeater is enabled and Keymaps are disabled, it too functions with a 1:1 system. This is extremely useful for entering your password or authenticator codes at start up, for several accounts at once. With Repeater on (or mouse repeater) while using multiple PC's, you'll want to change the setting to "Current Window Only", so only the current window broadcasts to the other PC's. Mouse repeat is extremely accurate for any UI elements, such as selecting talents or clicking accept for setting your hearth point. Game objects on the other hand are not exactly lined up on every screen, but you can frequently click close enough for it to not matter.

If both Repeater and Keymaps are enabled, any hotkey used to activate a Keymap still activates the Keymap, which means it is not broadcast 1:1 by the Repeater. If you want 1:1 broadcast, you should disable Keymaps first. If you have a Keymap which uses H to use hearthstones, then H will not be broadcast via Repeater with both Keymaps and Repeater enabled. Your Hello will come up as ello.

The default state for boxing with IS Boxer is Repeater off and Keymaps on.

Keymaps simulate both a white list and a black list for functionality, but are far stronger then either option (you can choose to use the white/black lists within IS Boxer if you want). If you use a hotkey to activate a Keymap, it is on your white list (it will have an effect on the other windows), but if a key is not a hotkey for a Keymap then it will not be passed (which is the same as black listing the key).

I like to split Repeater into two Keymaps, one for keyboard repeating and the other for mouse repeating. I will show how to do this, along with numerous other tricks and configuration options in the Keymap section.

5. FTL
    Most of the macro assist systems rely on one of three basic control types. Focus is the most common, where a given toon will cast at the target of their focus. Target functions the same as focus, where a given toon will always target a specific toon, and cast at the that toon's target. Leader similarly relies on assisting the leader of the group.

All of these are flawed in one or more important ways. With a Focus based system, you lose the ability to use focus elsewhere, which is a major loss in PvE raid crowd control or PvP combat. With a Target based system, you are forced to control your toons is a specific previously determined order. A Leader based system breaks whenever we PvP because we cannot control who the leader of our party is.

FTL achieves assist (or follow) without relying on any of these. This means we can freely use Focus or Target for other functions.

As was mentioned briefly in Section 3, under Additional Tweaks, each Slot needs its own unique set of FTL modifiers. Most teams will be two to five toons, and some run ten toons. With six available modifiers for FTL (but not being able to use Left Alt and Right Alt as modifiers at the same time) we have 19 unique FTL combinations, with the default wizard set up. With tweaks, we can take FTL to as many characters on the team as desired, as discussed here: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showpost....5&postcount=32

The FTL modifier conditions apply to three specific Keymaps (FTL Assist Me, FTL Follow Me and FTL Target Me). We can use any combination of Alt, Control and Shift elsewhere as keybinds or macro actions without interferring with our FTL.

If we were to create a new Keymap which desired an FTL assist, we include a "Do Mapped Key Action" in the Keymap, just like the FTL DPS keys use for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, - and =.

It is extremely important that we do not change the setting, "World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers" on any of our Keymaps. Our three FTL keys will have this setting "On", and everything else will be set to "Default". Changing this will cause a lot of issues with our Keymaps.

By default the twelve keys mentioned above are automatic FTL assist keys. In the simplest form, we can drag a spell out of the spell book and place them on any of these keys. We do the same for other members of our team. When we cast the spell, every member of our team will also cast whatever is on the same key, and it will automatically cast at the same target. This is without any wow macro's of any sort, just drag the spell from the spell book as is.

This will work fine for "Click Castsequences" too. Just have the "mash" key for all of the toons on an FTL DPS keymap, such as 1. The spells that it calls need not be on the FTL keys, they'll work fine on a hidden action bar.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 11-01-2010 at 04:30 PM

Blog Entries

6. Keymaps
    A Keymap is a group of mapped keys.

With IS, a Mapped Key is comprised of three parts. A hotkey to activate it, targets for it to apply to, and whatever you configure it to do. Mapped Keys are incredibly flexible and a very powerful feature. You effectively control your other toons from the main window. You can send a different key combination to each window for formations etc.

Mapped Keys have Steps. Each step is a different set of actions. Most have one step, which means it does the same thing each time it is pushed. Some have multiple steps; formation mapped keys will generally disable strobe follow on the first press and then execute the formation on the second. Even though it is one key pushed for two actions, it is still one action per one key pushed.

For a Mapped Key to work, the hotkey to activate it cannot also be configured to do something else in Warcraft. This is the number one reason for a Mapped Key to fail. This doesn't seem to be an issue with directional movement keys (up/down, forward/back, left/right, strafe) as the hotkey for movement keys.

The wizard gives us three sets of Keymaps. Control, General and FTL DPS. We can also create new Keymaps, for groups of mapped keys which will only apply to certain teams. If you Right click on Key Maps (top pane), you can add a new Keymap and name it something relevant, such as the team/character set name. If you add new Key Maps, you should modify the Activate Maps mapped key (Control Key Maps), so you can enable/disable it.

If you create a Keymap for a team, you can click on your character set (team) in the top pane, and then drag the entire Key Map from the top pane down to the Key Maps section of the left pane for your team. This adds the new set of mapped keys to that team only.

Studying the existing Keymaps from the wizard is the best way to learn how to create your own keymaps. Copying what has worked for others, is another method. I'll provide a lot of examples later in this section.

For example, we have no Keymap for Jump. Pressing the spacebar has our active toon jump. We also have a General Keymap called "Others Jump", which uses Control + Space as the hotkey. Space has our active toon jump but not the others because it is not a keymap so is not passed.

Studying "Others Jump" teaches us how to have the slaves independently move. Neither WASD or the Arrow Keys are in a keymap. I have mapped slave movement to the arrow keys, in the example section.

An important note.
    The following section contains numerous examples on creating or modifying mapped keys to personalize your configuration. When you create new mapped keys, you want to ensure that a given hotkey (a number or a key) will only cause one game output. Basically, you don't want two conflicting mapped keys, with the same activation key, each doing different things.

A Note on the G11/G15 Keyboards
    If you want the G-Keys to run as they did prior to IS Boxer, run the Profiler software as an administrator.

To integrate the G-keys into your IS Boxer macro's (have them as hotkeys for Keymaps), you need to run the software, removing all macro's, toggles, repeat options etc. Have a clean interface; as in keys show up as "unassigned".

Then with InnerSpace running, start the Profiler software and close it. All the mapping will already be gone from the G15/G11 in the future, so this will be a fast process.

Within the IS Boxer Toolkit interface, you can then assign a G-Key as a hotkey to activate a mapped key by clicking the arrow to the right of the key assign window and selecting the desired G-Key from the drop down list.

Example A - Separating Keyboard/Mouse Repeating
    On the top, click on Control Keymaps.

On the left, right click on Repeater (under Mapped Keys). Select the "Make Copy" option.

Rename the copy to Mouse Repeater. Rename the original to Keyboard Repeater.

We will need a different hotkey to active at least one of these keymaps. I have changed my keyboard hotkey to M1 and my mouse hotkey to M2 (these are the light up keys on a G15); any key combination you will remember will work.

There are two steps, which means on the first click one thing happens and on the second click something different happens.

Clicking on the 1, under steps (left pane) reveals actions on the right pane. Edit the first action on the right pane to only affect the Keyboard. I have also right clicked on Actions and selected a New Light Action, with the current computer as the target, and M1 Light On as the action.

Clicking on the 2, under steps, we want the reverse to happen. Change the first step to only affecting the Keyboard, this time to disable it. Again add the light action, but this time have it turn the M1 light off.

Repeat the process for Mouse Repeater, except have it only affect the mouse and change the light action to M2.

Example B - Independent Slave Movement
    This is an example of studying another Mapped Key made by the wizard and applying its method for our own purpose. The "Others Jump" Mapped Key in the General Keymaps shows us how to have our slaves jump independently of our active toon.

Neither WASD, the Arrow Keys or Strafe Keys are used in any Keymap. This means they are not passed to the slaves. I have opted to continue using WASD for my movement, but to use the Arrow Keys for independent slave movement.

I create these Mapped Keys in the General category, because I want them to always apply to every team I make (if for some reason, you wanted these keys to only apply to certain teams, put them into a newly made Keymap, and drag that Keymap to each character set you wish it to apply to). We right click on Mapped Keys and choose New Mapped Key. Create one each for Up Arrow, Down Arrow, Left Arrow and Right Arrow. I have named mine after the keys.

Each uses the key it is named after as the hotkey to activate it. Ensure "Hold Keystroke Action while Hotkey is Held" is set to "On". Each has a single step.

Click on the 1, under Steps (left pane), right click on "Actions" (right pane). Choose Keystroke Action >> New Keystroke Action. Now click on our action. For Target, we want "Window: All w/o Current". And our key combination is the arrow key without any modifiers.

Important Note - The target is all windows without current, which means these Mapped Keys apply to every character set we make. Also, since this is a Mapped Key which does not apply to the current window, these keys will move only the alts/slaves and not the main/current toon.

Repeat the process for the other three arrow keys.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 10-12-2010 at 08:13 PM

Blog Entries

6. Keymaps (Continued)

Example C - Using FTL to Buff
    Single target buffing, with the slaves assisting the main is useful for a variety of things ranging from rebuffing a single toon to buffing others outside of your group.

For my mixed classes team, on the Keybind (Shift J) I have: Power Word: Fortitude, Arcane Intellect, Mark of the Wild, Water Walking and Unending Breath.

We are again going to copy an example the Wizard created for us, and apply it to an action of our choosing. Any of the DPS keys in the FTL DPS Keymaps will give us our template.

I create a new Keymap (my name is Shift J) by right clicking on Mapped Keys. I click the arrow to the right of the Hotkey field, and press Shift J to set the hotkey. I leave "Use FTL Modifiers" set to "Default" as only three keys use this setting.

The default for a new keymap is 1 step, which is all we need. Click on the 1 under Steps.

On the right pane, I right click on Actions and choose Key Map Actions >> Do Mapped Key Action. Clicking on this, we edit the details. Target is set to Window: Current. Keymap is set to General. Mapped Key is set to FTL Assist Me.

I right click on Actions again, and select Key Stroke Actions >> New Keystroke Action. I set the target to "Window: All w/ Current", and the Key Combination to Shift J.

Example D - Different Keymaps for teams on the same Hotkey
    Let's say you start using IS Boxer, but want your hotkeys to be the same as they were for your previous boxing software. For this example, let's say you have staggered Tremor Totems on keybind 4, but also have another team where you would like 4 to continue to act as an FTL dps key.

The solution is to have two Keymaps, with 4 as the hotkey for each. One keymap will be modified for the Shaman Tremor totems and the other will have the default action.

Our modified Keymap will have the target changed to "Group (all of): Team Name". We get to the target by clicking the 1 under steps (left pane) and then editing the right pane. The modified Keymap for 4, now only applies to the team or group of characters we have specified.

We also have the original Keymap for 4, which we want to set so it applies to every other group normally, but to not apply to our Shaman group. On the top we select FTL DPS Keymaps. On the left we click on the + beside DPS 4 to expand it. Click on the 1, under Steps. Left click on the action (4 -> all) under the Do Mapped Key action. Change the target from "Window: All w/ Current" to the name for your other team. If you have more then two teams, right click on Actions, select Keystroke Actions >> New Keystroke Action, then pick your next team as the target and 4 as the key combination; repeat as needed, and edit this key if you add more teams in the future.

So we have 4 send the modifications to the Shaman team, as we have configured but to no other teams. And we have 4 send the default action to every other team, but not to the shaman team.

Alternate Method:
    You could create a new Key Map, by right clicking on Key Maps (top pane). Name this Key Map something relevant, such as Melee Teams or perhaps the name of the character set which it will apply to.

Once the Key Map is made, you can right click on it to create the Mapped Keys which fit this category. For example, you could create a set of mapped keys which only apply to your melee teams, but since you have more then one melee team, it would make sense to have a single set of mapped keys which apply to all your melee teams.

Once the Key Map is populated with the Mapped Keys you choose, click a character set (top pane) and drag the newly created Key Map from the top pane to the bottom left pane, in the Key Maps section. Once it has been added to that character set, the mapped keys it contains then apply to that team.

You should ensure a given hotkey will only call a single mapped key for this team. You don't want to end up with a hotkey sending an input to the game in both the Melee Keymap and the FTL DPS Keys. The two could conflict, and even if they don't, we do not want to be sending two key actions to the game, on one press of a key.

Example E - How to Stagger Tremors (or anything else)
    Create a new Mapped Key, by right clicking on mapped keys (or edit an existing one). Call it something memorable.

We will need one step for each member of the team. On the left pane, right click on Steps and select New Step, until there are enough steps.

Click on Step 1 and edit the action (or create a Keystroke Action) which sends the desired key combination but only to the first toon.

Click on Step 2, and create a Keystroke Action, which sends the same desired key combination, but only to the second toon.

Repeat for each Step.

This gets us a round-robin, where you can control how quickly to stagger the options. I have Earthbind, Fire Elementals, Fire Nova, Thunderstorm and Tremor totems on round-robin for my shaman team.

Example F - Ground Target AoE's
    A very popular Mapped Key which showcases the power of Inner Space is a "Send Next Click" option.

If the Mapped Key calls both a Ground Target type spell and an Assist type spell for your team, I would modify an existing FTL DPS key. That way, the key will already have an FTL Assist Me mapped key built in for the toons who are not casting AoE's.

If this is a stand alone AoE key, its easiest to just make a new Mapped Key from scratch.

Set the hotkey as normal (or leave it as whatever if its already an FTL DPS key). The only changes we are making is to place a Check Mark next to the "Send Next Click" box, and choosing our target as "Group (others in) AoE on 4", which was the Action Target Group we configured during the Wizard section, towards the end of the Additional Tweaking section. My (Balance) Druids do Force of Nature on "4" via the "AoE on 4" action target group, Hurricane on "5" via the "AoE on 5" ATG, and Starfall on Shift A (but no Send Next Click or ATG for this, as there is no click targeting for this last one).

You can also check the KVM (Block Local Click) option. This means the currently active window will not receive the local click. Which will prevent your tank from accidently switching targets, for example. Even if you're on a class which you want to AoE ground click with, because they are a member of the relevant ATG, they will receive the click.

When we click our DPS hotkey or the AoE key, a mouse icon appears on every screen within the Action Target Group and moves as we move the main cursor on the current screen. When we Left Click on the main screen, the other screens receive the same click. The mouse is precisely in the same position on the other screens as the main screen, which makes getting a group within the AoE very easy. Once the click is made, the mouse broadcast is instantly off again.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 10-13-2010 at 03:16 PM

Blog Entries

6. Keymaps (Continued)

Example G - Modifier Keys in a WoW Macro
    Let's say you have a team of Warlocks. You have created a warcraft macro for drains on key =. The macro might read:

#show Drain Life
    /cast [mod:alt, nochanneling] Drain Soul
    /cast [nochanneling] Drain Life

Unfortunately, the Drain Soul is not working properly.

We modify this by going to Key Maps >> FTL DPS Keys on the top.
    Going to our Mapped Keys on the left.
    Right clicking on DPS =, and selecting Make Copy.

On the copy, we rename it to Alt + =.
    And change the hotkey to activate it to Alt + =.
    And change the output key to Alt + =.

Now when you press =, the no mod version fires off just fine. And IS Boxer knows that Alt + =, is another mapped key, which should output Alt + =.

The Keymap will still auto FTL assist.

Example H - How to have melee automatically "Interact with Target"
    I've updated my melee auto Interact with Target. The newer version is presented here.
    - We have the option to DPS, and auto send IWT to our melee toons.
    - We have the option to DPS, without sending IWT to our melee toons.
    - We retain the option to IWT for all toons, irregardless of our Melee IWT state.

I create an Action Target Group (ATG), called Melee. Each toon which I want to receive automatic IWT commands as I DPS is added to this group.
    Right click on ATG's, make a new group, name it. Expand the group. Then in the top pane, expand characters, and drag the desired toons down to the left pane.

Now we need to make two IWT Mapped Keys: #1 Melee IWT; and #2 Interact With Target

Melee IWT (Do not give this one a hot key -- we will call it via a Do Mapped Key Action.)
    - One Step (One Action)
    Action 1: Send our Warcraft IWT keybind to the Current Window.

Interact With Target (Give this one a hot key, we will push this for IWT in game.)
    - One Step (Two Actions)
    Action 1: Do Mapped Key -- FTL Assist Me (Target: Current Window)
    Action 2: Send our Warcraft IWT keybind to all windows.

Decide how many of your FTL DPS Keys will auto send IWT to toons in the Melee ATG. I personally use DPS 1, DPS 2 and DPS 3.
    Each key which you decide to use will be modified from the default, like this:
    Expand the DPS Key, and give it a second step.
    The second step has a single action.
    - Do Mapped Key -- Melee IWT (Target... Melee ATG).

I use the option "Execute a Step when the hotkey is pressed OR released". This is changed from "Execute a Step when the hotkey is Released (Default)" on the main mapped key screen (where you set the hot key).
    With this option, Step 1 is done on key down -and- Step 2 is done on key up.
    You have the option to leave this setting as the default, and to spam the DPS key twice as quickly.

Now we need another Mapped Key, to toggle on and off our Melee IWT.

Melee IWT Toggle (Give this a hot key)
    - Step One (Two Actions)
    Action 1: Keymap Actions >> Do Mapped Key State Action... Target All with Current, General Keymap, Melee IWT (On).
    Action 2: Pop up text action.... Target Current Window... "Melee IWT Enabled".
    - Step Two (Two Actions)
    Action 1: Keymap Actions >> Do Mapped Key State Action... Target All with Current, Generak Keymap, Melee IWT (Off).
    Action 2: Pop up text action.... Target Current Window... "Melee IWT Disabled".

Summary
    With the IWT Toggle enabled, our DPS keys also have our melee toons IWT. With the IWT Toggle disabled, our DPS keys do not send IWT to our melee toons. Irregardless of the state of auto melee IWT, we can send IWT to all our toons via hotkey.

Example I - Dynamic Formations
    So the goal was, the active character does not move.
    While the other four do.

With more then a little help from Lax (superb support), this is what I've come up with:

1. Create four Spread-Out (Action Target Groups).
    - Group A
    - Group B
    - Group C
    - Group D

2. Create a Spread-Out (Mapped Key).
    - Group A... moves NW (or Forward).
    - Group B... moves NE (or Strafe's Left).
    - Group C... moves SW (or Strafe's Right).
    - Group D... moves SE (or moves Backwards).

3. Under Control Keymaps, create 5 mapped keys.
    - Slot 1 is Leader
    - Slot 2 is Leader
    - Slot 3 is Leader
    - Slot 4 is Leader
    - Slot 5 is Leader

Each of these has one Step, which does:
    a) Do Mapped Key Action - Follow/JambaMaster (My normal on switch activity occurs).
    b) Have every Slot leave all my Spread Out - Action Target Groups (Group A, Group B, Group C and Group D).
    c) Have the other Slots join their respective Spread Out - Action Target Group.

I use the "Target Group Action", to have a Slot join or leave an Action Target Group.

4. My groups will be assigned like this:

When I switch to Slot 1:
    - Slot 2 joins Group A
    - Slot 3 joins Group B
    - Slot 4 joins Group C
    - Slot 5 joins Group D

When I switch to Slot 2:
    - Slot 1 joins Group A
    - Slot 3 joins Group B
    - Slot 4 joins Group C
    - Slot 5 joins Group D

When I switch to Slot 3:
    - Slot 1 joins Group A
    - Slot 2 joins Group B
    - Slot 4 joins Group C
    - Slot 5 joins Group D

When I switch to Slot 4:
    - Slot 1 joins Group A
    - Slot 2 joins Group B
    - Slot 3 joins Group C
    - Slot 5 joins Group D

When I switch to Slot 5:
    - Slot 1 joins Group A
    - Slot 2 joins Group B
    - Slot 3 joins Group C
    - Slot 4 joins Group D

Which means:
    The Slot 1 character is either in No Group or Group A.
    The Slot 2 character is either in No Group, Group A or Group B.
    The Slot 3 character is either in No Group, Group B or Group C.
    The Slot 4 character is either in No Group, Group C or Group D.
    The Slot 5 character is either in No Group, or Group D.

Therefore, in the (b) action of my five Control Mapped Keys, I remove:
    - Slot 1 from Group A.
    - Slot 2 from Group A and Group B.
    - Slot 3 from Group B and Group C.
    - Slot 4 from Group C and Group D.
    - Slot 5 from Group D.

And in the (c) action of my five Control Mapped Keys, each Slot is assigned a group as displayed immediately above.

5. Finally, I navigate through each Character Set, and change the action.

From: When I switch to this character -- Do this Mapped Key: Control - Follow/JambaMaster
    To: When I switch to this character -- Do this Mapped Key: Control - Slot X is Leader.
    (Naturally substituting X for the Slot the character is in).

End Result:

I switch to a Toon, in Slot 2 for example.
    I have assigned the "Slot 2 is Leader" Mapped Key to occur when this toon becomes leader.
    This mapped key does the Control - Follow/JambaMaster mapped key.
    It then removes:
    - Slot 1 from Group A.
    - Slot 2 from Group A.
    - Slot 2 from Group B.
    - Slot 3 from Group B.
    - Slot 3 from Group C.
    - Slot 4 from Group C.
    - Slot 4 from Group D.
    - Slot 5 from Group D.
    It then adds:
    - Slot 1 to Group A.
    - Slot 3 to Group B.
    - Slot 4 to Group C.
    - Slot 5 to Group D.

Now when I press my Spread-Out mapped key...

Slot 2 is the active character, and thus not in Groups A, B, C or D.
    Therefore the Slot 2 toon does not move.
    And each of the other toons is in only one group.
    Therefore each moves in a different direction, as configured by the Spread Out mapped key.

This could easily be adapted for other formations too.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 02-16-2010 at 06:07 PM

Blog Entries

6. Keymaps (Continued)

Example J - Managing Eclipse Procs
    Let's say you have a Boomkin Druid on one of your teams. The Eclipse talent gives a very large boost to Starfire after receiving a Wrath crit, and a large boost to Wrath after a Starfire crit.

You can create two Click Castsequences. The first will be IS-MF-Wrath and the second will be IS-MF-Starfire. With the wow macro system, if one castsequence is identical to another, and it is called, the other will advance as well -- which means our timing will be perfect no matter when we switch from one to the other. When we see an Eclipse proc, we move from mashing button 1 to mashing button 2.

Pretty basic stuff so far.

Let's say you have two druids. Suddenly it is four combinations possible, so we'd need 1 = Wrath/Wrath, 2 = Wrath/Starfire, 3 = Starfire/Wrath and 4 = Starfire/Starfire. We'd also need to accurately mash the correct keys (1, 2, 3 or 4) based on procs which would occur regularly. Not so simple anymore, and I've not even mentioned 3 or more druids.

With IS Boxer it is very easy with even a full 5-box Moonkin team, thanks to the incredibly powerful Keymap system.... and we do not need 32 key combinations, and to pray we mash the right one depending on each of the Eclipse states.

Every druid gets their IS-MF-W spam key on 1.
    They also get their IS-MF-SF spam key on 2.

Each druid gets their own copy of the following two generic keymaps.

I've called this Keymap Druid Wrath Spam.
    This has a hotkey of 1 to activate.
    The target is the druids name.
    And the output key is 1.

I've called this Keymap Druid Starfire Spam.
    This has a hotkey of 1 to activate.
    The target is the druids name.
    And the output key is 2.

Advanced - Example D shows how to modify Keymaps so they only apply to select teams. In this example, we are modifying the 1 key for the druid group, and would not want this modification to apply to our other teams.

Now we need a control type keymap, one per druid.
    Each will need its own hotkey to activate.
    Each will be two steps, because it is a toggle type effect.
    I'm using G7, G8, G9, G10 and G11 as my hotkeys.

Druid 1 Eclipse Control Keymap.
    Hotkey to activate is G7.
    ---Step 1---
    Right clicked Actions and choose Key Map Action >> New Mapped Key State Action. I right click again and choose the same option.
    The first one, I choose Druid 1 as the Target. I choose the FTL DPS Keys. I choose Druid Wrath Spam as the Mapped Key and On as the state.
    The second one, I choose Druid 1 as the Target. I choose the FTL DPS Keys. I choose Druid Starfire Spam as the mapped Key and Off as the state.
    ---Step 2---
    I do the reverse.
    It turns the Wrath spam off and turns the Starfire spam on.

An addon like MSBT can be used to track procs on a per toon basis. Instead of setting Eclipse as the proc message for each druid, have the message for Druid 1 be Press G7 and the message for Druid 2 be Press G8 etc. Nolife demonstrates how to configure MSBT in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvt-cmKWWbY&hd=1

So now we spam 1... and have all of our druids spam away IS-MF-W.
    When the addon announces "Press G7", we press our G7 key.
    And continue to spam 1.
    Which now sends 1 to every Druid except Druid 1, who receives the output of 2, when we mash 1.
    As druids get procs, hit the G-key (or whatever hotkey) as the addon announces them.
    We don't care which macro a druid starts on, since the Eclipse proc is telling us to cast the other spell type, which we now have an eclipse bonus with.

Example K - Click to Move (on Slaves only)
    For those of us who want to have CTM enabled on the slaves, to facilitate having the slaves move closer to quest NPC's or Flight Masters automatically, but who do not like having it enabled on the active toon.

Create two Keymaps, in General Keymaps.

Keymap 1, "CTM Off".
    Hotkey: Alt + Ctrl + ,
    New Macro Action.
    Target: Window (Current)
    Key Combination: Control + Alt + ,
    Display As (in Step): Checked; "Ctrl + Alt + Comma (CTM Off)"
    In macro generator: /console AutoInteract 0

Keymap 2, "CTM On".
    Hotkey: Alt + Ctrl + .
    New Macro Action.
    Target: Window (All w/o Current)
    Key Combination: Control + Alt + .
    Display As (in Step): Checked; "Ctrl + Alt + Period (CTM On)"
    In macro generator: /console AutoInteract 1

Then modified the Follow/JambaMaster Keymap (Control Keymaps)
    Added (twice) - Key Map Actions >> Do Mapped Key Action.
    a) Window: Current, General, CTM Off.
    b) Window: Current, General, CTM on.

Apply these two modifications to the Keymap which runs automatically on PiP switch.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 01-11-2010 at 06:00 AM

Blog Entries

7. Setting up Repeater Regions
    Tovya's video guide to Repeater Regions: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msjyi06xNW0

Repeater regions are sections of your UI, which are configured so that when your mouse is within them, it is repeated (the movement and clicks, including modifier keys) on other clients as you've configured.

You can have as many repeater regions as you like.

If you save them as "auto" which is the default, they will automatically load for the character set which saved them. If you give them any other name as the save type, you'll have to manually load them to get them to work.

A wow addon like Grid, Healbot, OpenRDX or Vuhdo can be configured to show an alphabetical list of the current Party, Raid etc. An alphabetical view is desirable because you can then pass a click to the 1st, 3rd or 21st box, and it is the same target on every other client.

So the tank or a dps could click on the Grid frame, passing the click to the healer toon, who then heals the correct target without you ever having to leave the current window.

Healbot and Vuhdo recognize mouse clicks and be configured to act based on those clicks. I'm not sure if OpenRDX is in that category or not. Grid will actually require two additional addons to get this working, but it is my preferred option.

With Grid, you'll also need GridCustomLayouts and Clique.

You'll also need to know the "In-game ISBoxer GUI toggle hotkey", which was set in the Additional Tweaks portion of the Wizard section of this guide. You can check what you selected by selecting your team (from character sets) on the top pane, highlighting your team on the left pane and checking the 3rd option on the right.

With all addons enabled, start wow via the IS menu.

In game, type /Grid Config
    Click on Layouts and then Custom Layouts.
    Select a New configuration.
    Enter: order=NAME;

You will likely want to configure Grid a little. Type /Grid Config again.

Clicking on Frame, you can adjust how many characters of each persons name is displayed via the Center Text Length setting.

The Advanced sub-option under Frame has more configuration options. You can adjust the icon size (such as debuffs), the font size, frame height and frame width and the orientation of the frames.

Clicking on Layout allows us to set our alphabetical display for each of the default Layouts... Party, 10-man raid, 25-man raid and 40-man battleground.

Try to use UI elements as "landmarks" for your Grid Frame. Ideally, we would like the frame to be in exactly the same position on every client. However, in practice, pretty close is usually good enough, and we'll know for sure at the "Sync" stage. Alternatively, copy the file Grid.lua from WTF >> Account >> Account Name >> Saved Variables, and paste it in each account's Saved Variables folder.

We'll also need to configure Clique to interpret our clicks. Press P to bring up the spell book. You'll notice a fifth option to click on at the bottom. Clicking here brings up the Clique configuration screen. Now navigate to each of your heals.

I like to not set Right Click as any type of an auto heal. Purely so when I'm playing the healer as the active toon, I can right click on a party member and trade without casting a heal instead and not even acquiring them as a target.

I use:
    Left Click - Renew
    Alt + Left - PW: Shield
    Ctrl + Left - Prayer of Mending
    Shift + Left - Pain Suppression
    Alt + Right - Penance
    Ctrl + Right - Flash Heal
    Shift + Right - Prayer of Healing.

Now we need to set our Repeater Region. Click the GUI Toggle key. Mine is Alt + Ctrl + /.

This brings up the GUI.

Our first decision will be to use KVM mode or not. KVM means, when we click on the main/active screen, it will send the click to the client or clients we have chosen, but the click will not occur on the main screen. I like KVM mode when on my tank or dps types, because they can continue to dps/tank the same target and not get a party member as their target instead. Checking or unchecking KVM mode will undo our next selection.

Click the arrow to the left of Add. We can select each slot number individually or choose all other. It really depends on what you're doing to determine what you want. With only one healer, you'd only want the click passed to their slot. With a 5x shaman team, you might want a click to pass to them all for healing.

Once your choice is made, click the Add button. This creates a resizeable window which you will drag over the Grid frame and then resize to be as small as possible but still covering the entire frame. Some people like it to only cover half of the frame, which lets your paladin use the other half for cleanse.

When the region is covering what you want it to, click the Sync button which creates a window over the target (the toon in the Slot which will receive the click). Ensure the window is entirely on their Grid frame. You don't want a possibility of clicking towards the edge of your frame and having a click passed which misses their Grid entirely.

Once you are happy with the positioning, click Save As. By default, it is Auto. For ease, I save everything as auto.

Let's say you have a mixed team. Paladin tank, Priest healer and 3x non-healer DPS. It might be a very good idea to repeat this process from each of the non-healer windows, so any toon can have the priest heal the chosen frame with a click.

Once you're done, press your GUI Toggle key to close the GUI window.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 11-28-2009 at 04:23 PM

Blog Entries

8. Support & Updates
    Both Inner Space and IS Boxer are regularly updated. IS Boxer is currently running build 33. Both programs automatically update, just by running them; you never need to actively update either.

The best place for support is the IRC channels. They are: irc.lavishsoft.com #ismods and #isboxer. You can open these via any browswer here: http://www.lavishsoft.com/chat/isboxer.php

Pick a user name and click Connect.

To save your user name, the format is:
    /msg nickserv register <password> <email>
    For example:
    /msg nickserv register Secret me@email.com

In the future, you can then identify yourself with this:
    /msg nickserv identify Secret
    This will give you your original user name.

This is the best place for support.
    Alternative locations are the Lavish Forums http://www.lavishsoft.com/forum/, or the dual-boxing / multiboxing sites.

Lax (Lax@Lavishsoft.com) is currently working on IS 2 and IS Boxer 2; progress reports can be found here: https://twitter.com/LaxLacks It will be free for current subscribers.

I'd like to say thank you to Lax for such an amazing product and to Zanthor for his guide which convinced me to try IS Boxer.
    Last edited by Ualaa : 11-17-2009 at 07:40 AM

nice I was wondering how you add more keymaps ;0 played around with it a little one day