Close
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 90 of 102

Quote Originally Posted by lorddread View Post
    Hi I am new here and not real sure how all this works yet but i was wondering about the

My question is seeing as how we created a melee group above wouldn't it be better to do it using that group as the selected one to turn it on for only as apposed to anyone who is not main window that way you could have ranged and melee in same team and that would only make it ctm on on the melee ones?
    ie on the target for
    Keymap 2, "CTM On".
    make it
    Target: Group (others in):Melee
    instead of
    Target: Window (All w/o Current)
    or am i wrong and missing something here?
    You would still leave the ctm off the same as it is though right?

If this is how it works then could have ranged melee mixed or is that done another way?
    Thanks in advance
    Sure you could do it that way as well. In the example you linked it specifically states for moving closer to quest NPCs or FlightMasters, where you would all of your slaves to use this.

right makes sense was just worried about toons not melee attacking i guess that wouldbe done in ftl dps keys to have them not move instead of in these.

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Many thanks for this thread.

I've been using ISBoxer for a few weeks and this has helped me out no end.

Why is this not sticky?
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Yeah seriously, this is gold.

Default G15?

I've been trying to follow the instructions for getting IS/ISBoxer to recognize the G keys on a G15 keyboard recognized, but I don't seem to be having any luck. You say:

If you want the G-Keys to run as they did prior to IS Boxer, run the software as an administrator.

To integrate the G-keys into your IS Boxer macro's (have them as hotkeys for Keymaps), you need to run the software, removing all macro's, toggles, repeat options etc. Have a clean interface.

Then with InnerSpace running, start the Profiler software and close it. All the mapping will already be gone from the G15/G11 in the future, so this will be a fast process.
    For the first part, where you say "run the software as an administrator" - which software? ISBoxer? The profiler software? Remove the macros, toggles, repeat options etc. from where? ISBoxer? The profiler? I assume you mean the profiler software. What I see when I run something called the "Key Profiler" when I launch it is: a dropdown for the default configuration (with an option for WoW) and all keys are unassigned. I never bothered setting up anything with the keyboard when I got it, so I guess it's in its default configuration?

For the second part, I have IS running, and ISBoxer's configuration app running, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean when you say "run the profiler software" - do you mean just run the "Key Profiler"? Okay, I've launched it, it pops up the screen showing that all the keys are unassigned, and now if I just close it that doesn't seem to do anything...

When I try to run the ISBoxer configuration software, it doesn't acknowledge any of the G keys when I press them.

I'm probably being dumb, but I could really use some clarification. Thanks!

Edit: Got in IS chat with Ualaa and it seems to work now! I was just being dumb. The secret is that you have to scroll down to find the G keys in the keypress list, rather than just hit them to assign them like usual.
    Last edited by kate : 10-12-2010 at 06:15 PM

Blog Entries

Edited the appropriate section, hopefully it is a little clearer now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    A Note on the G11/G15 Keyboards
    If you want the G-Keys to run as they did prior to IS Boxer, run the Profiler software as an administrator.

To integrate the G-keys into your IS Boxer macro's (have them as hotkeys for Keymaps), you need to run the software, removing all macro's, toggles, repeat options etc. Have a clean interface.

Then with InnerSpace running, start the Profiler software and close it. All the mapping will already be gone from the G15/G11 in the future, so this will be a fast process.

Within the IS Boxer Toolkit interface, you can then assign a G-Key as a hotkey to activate a mapped key by clicking the arrow to the right of the key assign window and selecting the desired G-Key from the drop down list.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

If I may suggest one other edit - specify that "clean interface" means "keys show up as unassigned" - when I first tried it, I set the bindings to "default" which wound up making them equivalent to F1 etc. I had to completely disable them in profiler to make sure they worked.

On that note, here's a helpful hint for G-series users. In the Logitech G-series Key Profiler software, go to Edit, All G-keys, Disable.

Note that any time you unplug your device (including power off), the Logitech device will reset to hardware defaults. You will need to run the Logitech Profiler software to load your settings back into the hardware! (and then close it again)
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

When I boot my computer:

I start the Inner Space, then once it is running start the Profiler software.
    Then use Control Shift Escape, for Task Manager and End the LGDCore.exe process.

After that my G-Keys work fine, with any of the mapped keys I've configured.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa