Close
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 102

Hmm, I seem to be having trouble with mouse 4 and mouse 5.

On the isde of my mouse, I have two buttons, mouse 4 & 5. I want these clicks to be passed to all clients when I press it.

However, doesn't seem to be working for me.

I added the new buttons to an existing keymap and made sure the input / output were set correctly.

Also, maybe this was mentioned in the guide, but perhaps I didn't see it or maybe I didn't understand.

How I do suspend FTL follow? Sometimes when I do heroics, I don't want the slaves to follow the leader. I want to park them in a spot and have them stay. Is there a FTL toggle button?

Quote Originally Posted by daanji View Post

Also, maybe this was mentioned in the guide, but perhaps I didn't see it or maybe I didn't understand.

How I do suspend FTL follow? Sometimes when I do heroics, I don't want the slaves to follow the leader. I want to park them in a spot and have them stay. Is there a FTL toggle button?
    Ok, looks like I found my own answer. So I'll leaving this here in case anyone else has the same issue.

A previous thread discussed this topic: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=28621

Also, Jamba strobes the /follow . To toggle it, simply hit shift+alt+f

I'm completely confused, so I'll post here for help:

I cannot, for the life of me, get FTL to work. No matter what I have tried, I wind up in a situation where:

- Character 1 (usually the master) is able to switch to a new follow target when I go from one window to another. No other character can do this - they just all keep on trying to refollow Character 1 even if they are the active window.

- Nobody will target anything that the main window is targeting.

- I'm not sure if I should be turning on the repeater (alt+shift+r) or follow (alt+shift+f) when I load up - if I don't do either, of course nothing gets repeated, so I don't know if that's intended or a sign of my broken FTL attempts.

- I'm able to do stuff if I have focus and assist macros set up manually on the followers, but again - can't do FTL.

Here's what I've tried:

- The video that shows the guy setting it up via the wizard and it just automagically works - he doesn't have to do anything with Jamba that I could see.

- Zanthor's guide - no luck.

- Ualaa's guide (this one) - no luck.

Is there some hidden step that I'm missing? Am I just dumb? Cause, I mean, I've spent hours on this now and I've had absolutely no results figuring this out.

Please help! I'd really like to not have everyone die when my main character gets killed

I'm no expert as I had just started 2 days ago but I'd pay it forward as Ualaa and Lax have helped me quite a bit already.

I'd start checking keybinds in-game first. This happened to me, though with just 1 character to another. Found out that ctrl+F11 (which is the key passed to the character/window to follow a specific toon) is keybound. Ack! So when i cleared that, the character started following/assisting the other toon. Check isboxer's modifiers + key for FTL and make sure they're not bound in-game.
    "Patchwork should not be allowed in a BG"

Blog Entries

For 99% of your play, you'll want Keymaps On and Repeater Off.
    This gets you mapped keys (hotkeys) do what you have them configured to do, but general broadcasting is off.

For passwords, reverse that (Keymaps Off, Repeater On).
    For /dance or /use Item Name, Keymaps Off, Repeater On.
    For chatting, both off.
    For clicking something such as Accept (to be bound somewhere) or on a Portal, leave Keymaps On, but turn on Repeater too, and then disable Repeater after the click has been done.

For FTL to work, you need each toon to have a unique FTL modifier combo.
    The wizard gets you a working version.
    I don't believe a given toon can use both left and right versions of the same modifier as their FTL modifier combo.

You need 'Use FTL Modifiers' set to "On", for these three Mapped Keys:
    - FTL Target Me
    - FTL Assist Me
    - FTL Follow Me
    And for this setting to be left on "Default" everywhere else.

These three FTL Mapped Keys send a key to the game, but add the modifiers you picked.
    So for example the default key for FTL Follow Me is F11.
    Sure the hotkey is Alt + Shift + F, but that is not what is sent to the game (warcraft).
    If you go to the General Keymap, and navigate down to the three FTL Mapped Keys, expand them and click the "1" under Steps, and check the action... There will be a "key combination".
    The Key Combination is what is sent to the game, you want a key here without modifiers... I've changed mine from the defaults, but what the key is doesn't matter.

Whatever key is here (F11 for Follow, for example), cannot be bound in game with any of the modifiers used by your team for the FTL stuff.
    So you won't want Shift F11, Ctrl F11, Alt F11, Shift + Ctrl + F11 etc bound in warcraft.
    Ditto for the other two FTL Mapped Keys.

Not sure which Follow option you chose with the wizard, or even if you chose one.
    If you expand your character sets, and click on the name of your team (character set).
    Then under "Slots" click on the 1, 2, 3 etc...

Under "Hotkey to switch to this character" is an option (When I switch to this character), which should be checked.
    Do this Mapped Key.
    Try changing that to: Control Keymap & JambaMaster Mapped Key.
    That will update the Master of the team, on a switch, but not do any of the follow options.
    Meaning you will need to manually do the follow hotkey to switch follow.

Once you have follow working (via hotkey) with any toon leading...
    You might want to change the Mapped Key on a switch to: 'Follow/JambaMaster' or leave it on manual.
    I have just the leader update for melee teams, and the normal follow for caster teams.
    I personally don't use Strobe follow, but that is the other option to go with.

Inside of the IS Boxer Toolkit (in the File Menu) is an option to copy your profile to clip board.
    Ensure the block account name option is checked.
    Go to www.pastebin.com and paste your profile there.
    Then include the URL to your configuration in a post.

That way, people can look at exactly what you have.
    Lax is the best person for deciphering what you did and how to correct it.
    He checks the www.isboxer.com forums more then these ones.
    The IRC from the isboxer site is the best place for quick assistance; just hang around a little bit, as people usually have the window open and check back periodically.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Aha! I *think* I have figured out what's going on, and will post the fix here for everyone:

1) My keybinds were bad - I had F1-F12 bound to various things, backspace as well, etc. So I reset them all to the default. This didn't fix anything, but now I don't have to worry.

2) I was using different client folders because my old way of doing it wouldn't let me do virtual configs. I think when I installed IS/ISBoxer it only installed in my main folder, not the slave folder. Oops I set up virtual WTFs and they all are based on the master install now. Dumb Kate is dumb - I didn't realize that it put anything into the wow folder so it never occurred to me to make sure it was installed on all clients.

I only had a minute or two to test it out, BUT it seems to work at least for switching and having follow. I don't know if it will target & assist automatically as I didn't have a chance to get in combat, but at least everyone follows properly!

Thanks for the help

Blog Entries

The other thing to verify...
    Check each of the accounts, specifically the addons enabled (at character select screen), to ensure the IS Boxer addon is enabled.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

It completely works now - I've been happily slaughtering stuff and getting a bunch of other FTL keybinds in place.

Woo!

is there anyway to unbind the ~ key in ISboxer? It opens the consol now.. i would like to rebind that to somthing else
    Last edited by Lyonheart : 05-01-2010 at 10:06 PM
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    is there anyway to unbind the ~ key in ISboxer? It opens the consol now.. i would like to rebind that to somthing else
    http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/18-changing-console-hotkey