Close
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 102

Quote Originally Posted by Whowantstoknow View Post
    Short answer with Isboxer you do not have to be in the same group and the FTL assist keymap works (BGs are fine I have done them with many different teams)

Long answer will cost you a referral

If anyone should get a referral, signup via This link so that the SITE gets credit for a referral.

(this comment is not directed at Ualaa, IMO updating a guide or writing a new guide is worthy of having your own referral link a post)
    Last edited by Svpernova09 : 11-17-2009 at 09:15 PM

Im sure you know but I was joking about the referral I just did not want to provide a longer explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Whowantstoknow View Post
    Im sure you know but I was joking about the referral I just did not want to provide a longer explanation
    oh yeah, that's fine, I was just plugging the site link for ISBoxer referrals :_X

can we get this as a sticky please.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

As the forum is set up currently, any guide that refers to only one software program is linked in the sticky and put in the Wiki. Cleaner but extra steps for those search impared
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Excellent guide.

As a newb myself at the moment, I'll share some tips that might not be apparent when one first uses ISBoxer.

Most important - Alt-Shift-R - this is the default toggle for Mouse and Keyboard repeating. Learn this. Remember this. This controls the broadcasting of the mouse and all keys that DON'T have a keymap step assigned to them (which is most of them). The default keymap keys are 1 thru = and they will be sent to all the clones whether mouse and keyboard repeating is on or not. You will see text on your main toon's screen telling you the status of this.

Secondly, the "Backspace" key is the default to target / assist off the main toon you are playing. In case you make some type of typo, you'll want to use the "Delete" key and not "Backspace". Took me a while to figure that out.

Third, Using Jamba - Jamba helps in many regards. I found that it worked better if in the beginning of my session I did a "/jamba" command and then selected "Group" "Follow" "Quest", etc. and used the "Push to others" button.

Fourth, Interact with Target - In WoW, I turned on "Click to Move" and "Interact with Target". I then created a WoW keybind of interact with target using the "\" key, above "Enter". I was using "backspace", assist macro and then "\" to get my toons to interact with quest givers, innkeepers, etc. Eventually, I made a keymap directly for the "\" key. I copied the existing keymaps and then changed the setting to "\". This worked well for me.

Yes the ISBoxer wizard can get you playing in minutes, but you need to know the commands, etc. That takes some time. I'd review ISBoxer some before starting the wizard and/or just after starting. I spent around 2 hours getting my level 1's to all go in the right direction, interact with quest givers, etc. And after that I was still learning.

From starting ISBoxer to dinging level 60 with my 5x Shammy's, took 3 days and 5 hours played total. Not bad in my view. 79 hours for 60 levels. I followed Joana and skipped the collection quests. In real time, it was less than 3 weeks.

Blog Entries

Your first team, no matter what your software, is a learning process.

Getting the most out of your software.
    Figuring where you want certain powers/abilities to be keybound.

Learning to use the addons which help a boxer.
    Learning the route you will take.

The second team is a lot faster.
    But its not a race either.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

Thank you very much Ualaa. Your clear explanations to the many features available are highly appreciated. I'm looking forward to really learning how to control all these characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Ualaa View Post
    Your first team, no matter what your software, is a learning process.

Getting the most out of your software.
    Figuring where you want certain powers/abilities to be keybound.

Learning to use the addons which help a boxer.
    Learning the route you will take.

The second team is a lot faster.
    But its not a race either.
    This is so true. In my two months of boxing I've gone from ******** (not very effective, but basic keys were already passed. Very limited though. Wish I would have started with Keyclone) to Keyclone (great tool, learned a lot from using it) to ISBoxer (amazing! Repeater regions are my favorite feature about this one).
    Your first team will teach you a lot and the setup is pretty much on-going. Your second team is a lot smoother.

I just wanted to thank Ualaa for this excellent guide. It should really be stickied.

ISboxer is certainly not the easiest solution to set up, but once its philosophy is understood, it is amazingly powerful. This guide is certainly a great help in learning how to do your own thing past wizard level.

Thanks for that, and also for the help on other thread. I will certainly have more questions