Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Woot!

Default Woot!

Just finished 300 blacksmithing and 300 engineering x4 -------- all i can say is WOW THAT SHIT WAS EXPENSIVE OMG!!!
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Ya it is, only 150 more levels to go...and ya I would work on it because history has shown things you could do last patch don't work this patch and you would be 150 levels ahead of the competition that stopped.

Yup, I leveled one, and she was a major drain on daily/quest funds while doing it - and I did'nt buy any raw ore, just Titansteel.

But making all the gear is so much cheaper than buying it, on my server, I can make titansteel gear for about 75% of what people charge - I'd make and sell some, but it doesn't sell very well now, with the ToC gear being the preference now. I see the same gear listed for over a week, not a good sign.

I do sell the saronite tanking gear when I can though, it can sell well at times.

I'm looking at a run on the JC rings and necks soon, they show up rarely on the AH these days, and sell fast, and by my calculations I can make about 20% profit on them, which is worth it - less and I would'nt bother. I keep an eye our for cheap orbs and dragon's eyes.
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck

Blog Entries

On the PTR, Haris Pilton is selling "Portable Holes", which are 24-slot bags.
    They're 3,000g each.

Not sure if you can have more then one per toon or if they're unique.
    Even still 3k per toon, times 5 per team...
    That's going to add up fast.

Nah fur, im through the expensive part I promise you. Mithril ore was almost 60-100g a stack. And thorium was also the same price, but avg 68g a stack.

Saronite, well 10g-13g... titanium is 250g a stack. Cobalts also very cheap and so are the outland mats since theres lots of dk's farming that stuff.

Shaman FTL Setup -

Quote Originally Posted by Iceorbz View Post
    Nah fur, im through the expensive part I promise you. Mithril ore was almost 60-100g a stack. And thorium was also the same price, but avg 68g a stack.

Saronite, well 10g-13g... titanium is 250g a stack. Cobalts also very cheap and so are the outland mats since theres lots of dk's farming that stuff.
    yeah, but you have many Frozen Orbs, Titansteel bars and the occasional Eternal ahead of you, the 440's to 475's are expensive. Start buying the Titansteel and orbs now, when they get posted cheap. Google up a powerleveling guide,and write down how much of everything you'll need, then figure out how much it will cost you. You might be surprised. I did many days of dailies, where all of the gold went to get *one* skillpoint. Worth it? YES. Getting everyone on the team their titansteel weapons was a huge upgrade. Do it again? Nope!

You'll also need a LOT of saronite to level up - it's good it's cheap, trust me, it was'nt when I started.

You're past the *first* expensive part. Trust me.

BTW - don't bother with the sword, hammer or armor specializations in BC, unless you really want one of them. I bypassed it all and just ground out the recipes from the trainers. The specializations are meaningless once you train Grand Master.

I'm not even mentioning the TOC dropped recipes, those are selling from 3-10k on my server, and they require 6-8 Crusader Orbs, which go for 900-1000 each.

I just looked at the Engineering mats to get to 475.

Oof. I guess I was smart never leveling an engineer.

You are in for some sticker shock, my friend. Leveling Blacksmithing and Engineering?

Yah. Forget about epic flying, for a long, long time. You're going to need a LOT of everything, and most of it is still pricey - gems, Arctic Fur, Titansteel bars, Titanium bars, stacks and stacks and stacks of Saronite, Eternals...

It'll be worth it, but yeah...you're so not past the expensive part.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere View Post
    430 - 450 cost me like 2000g. Then another 2500g to make Jeeves.

Add in probably 2-3k for Blacksmithing, and a mere 1k per weapon, depending on the server.

Pocket change!

Blacksmithing is expensive now that MMO-Champion published his get rich scheme for JC (which shares mats with BS). So people list stacks of thorium for 200g each, no Im not kidding.

I have tons of the other mats.. forgot about frozen orbs but I prolly have about 50 of them in the guild bank. I can farm alot of the higher stuff, its so much faster on epic mounts vs. 100% land mounts. I got the mats list from wow professions, right now im gathering up the adamantite ore and fel iron

Shaman FTL Setup -