Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Default Wotlk - Ulduar - Halls of Stone - Tribunal of Ages

I haven't successfully 5boxed this run yet - the endurance event kicks my butt. I use a warrior tank - prot war, holy priest, 3 elemental shammy team. I have yet to wipe on this because when the mobs start getting crazy the dwarf seems to always die. Any tips? I get the feeling this is a paladin/deathknight friendly fight and I just picked the wrong tank class but would really like to finish this.

I have done it acouple of ways, im sure others have thier own way. The one I like to use is to put your team outside the room, spread out with thier backs against the round fixture in the hall. The lasers will only target the tank on the stairs catching mobs and not your team. You have to becarefull of the LoS issue if you have to go down the stairs to catch a mob. This is how I got the achievement "Brann spankin new". I have completed this with a paladin, warrior, and DK tank. I tried to keep Shockwave available for runaway mobs, thunderclap as much as possible.

The other is to be in the room, spread out just in front of bran, and you can /focus him and have a macro on a healer, and top him off if he gets hit, which im sure he will. You also have to watch close for the laser targeting your team, with everything going on, it was what kept killing me.

Just want to add, have read the forums for awhile. I have gotten alot of helpfull information from everyone, Thanks.
    Last edited by 96boss : 10-22-2009 at 09:25 AM

I've done this as both a pally and a druid tank, but not as a warrior so I can't comment on their mechanics.... BUT the single biggest thing you need is a single keystroke to strafe all your guys left and right to get them out of the burning bits.

To reduce tank stress, I always "tank" the casters with my DPSers, focus-firing them down. Likewise for any strays - I always focus-fire them first and launch an Earth Ele or two if the shit really hits the fan.

Basically, if anything gets past me at the steps then I use the rest of the team to deal with them - I don't run the tank all over the place.

Of course, if your problem is how to pick up all the damn adds with a warrior in the first place, then that's not going to be especially helpful

This is one of the two boss fights in the game that are difficult to multibox with a warrior tank. The biggest problem in this fight is that the mobs will charge/stun your warrior and run past him before you're able to pick them up. To fix this, place an armored dps (shaman will do) at the door, in front of your warrior. This will make the mobs charge-stun the dps instead of the tank. After the mobs have charged the dps, use your warriors thunderclap to pick them up.

Brann can be healed, so heal him when he gets low on health.

Congrats to those who've pulled this off. I just can't do it! I usually tank outside the room and get halfway through the red beam phase and I end up missing one guy, and in the act of running to get him I wind up falling behind and wiping. OR if I tank them in the center, I can't avoid the red/black stuff enough and my guys die too much. I'm not sure if I should refine outside the room or inside or if there's another trick. I hate how long this stupid encounter is, too...

The Brann Spankin New method is basically what I do.

Shaman just off the steps facing outward the Paladin on the top of the steps basically, round robin bind / root totems, full magma down, watch so thunderstorms don't toss mobs the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by HPAVC View Post
    The Brann Spankin New method is basically what I do.

Shaman just off the steps facing outward the Paladin on the top of the steps basically, round robin bind / root totems, full magma down, watch so thunderstorms don't toss mobs the wrong way.
    Ahhh! See, those Earthbinds are a big deal. I think I'd have an easier go of it if I didn't use a mixed group. On the other hand, I do have two 80 shaman between my 10 box team. Maybe I could use them both just for this fight. Thanks for the idea. :-)

By the way, don't get me wrong, my mixed teams usually perform better. This fight just isn't designed in a way that pure damage output matters much.
    Last edited by TheBigBB : 10-23-2009 at 10:22 AM

My group consists of 3 shammies, shadow priest and a warrior. I do have a macro on my shammies to heal Brann and put him on focus on my warrior. I try to tank the mobs as long as possible while I do have the rest of my teams spread out in the back and dpsing from there.When things get rough I fear them (first on my warrior, then on the priest).
    When the crap really hits the fan I drop 3 fire elementals and spam heal Brann, which usually is enough to get through it (though not everyone makes it out alive).

One of the thing that I find that makes this easier is if yeh tank em up past the stairs almost into the next room

You can see em spawn if I remember correctly elites spawn to the left and the casters to the right

I would drop magma\earthbind totems just before the stairs that'll give yeh some time

If yeh park yer tank kinda in the middle if yeh wait till there just past yeh and do any kind of aoe yeh will catch all of em.

I haven't tried multi boxing it yet but I've tank it with a pug just to get a feel for it.

What I was thinking about trying instead of having everyone parked near bran guy is move everyone up past the the stairs and put there backs to the circular column thing in the center so there all facing towards bran then have my tank a lil closer to the stairs I'm hoping to avoid the lazzer beams that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wowphreak View Post
    One of the thing that I find that makes this easier is if yeh tank em up past the stairs almost into the next room

You can see em spawn if I remember correctly elites spawn to the left and the casters to the right

I would drop magma\earthbind totems just before the stairs that'll give yeh some time

If yeh park yer tank kinda in the middle if yeh wait till there just past yeh and do any kind of aoe yeh will catch all of em.

I haven't tried multi boxing it yet but I've tank it with a pug just to get a feel for it.

What I was thinking about trying instead of having everyone parked near bran guy is move everyone up past the the stairs and put there backs to the circular column thing in the center so there all facing towards bran then have my tank a lil closer to the stairs I'm hoping to avoid the lazzer beams that way.
    The only problem with this tactic is that if someone does get by you then you really cannot go pick them up because you end up spending too much time chasing and too little time focusing on killing the ones who didn't get past. You have to, HAVE TO pick up the mobs if you tank out there.