Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Default Boosting cataclysm teams

I was thinking of when that came out boosting an alliance team with 4 worgen and a dk tank. Same with horde 4 goblins and a dk tank. My question would it be easier just to get a worgen dk 55 - 60 and same with goblin dk 55- 60 then boost 4 more. Or just bring 4 in and use another on main account. Other thing i was thinking when doing this was linking accounts b,c,d and e to new vanilla wow accounts just for the three months raf. Reason for this we all know it stops at 60 the raf so why bother. Then all you have to do is make sure those accounts are the same as the ones rafing them so you can transfer accounts. Do this for both sides get them to 60 and maybe work on some more teams. I know im a whore when it comes to characters cant have enough lol. But hey we all do it right. So what you think link accounts b to f, c to g, d to h and e to i or do the long no raf leveling or get more then vanilla what do u all think. For three months spend 70 extra a month then the transfer account fees or what.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Blog Entries

Well, 1st to 60th, if you can afford the RAF it's probably worth it, especially if you're leveling more then a single team.

Worgen alliance and Goblin horde is at least two teams. I'm not sure if you'll need Burning Crusade and Wrath to add Cataclysm to a vanilla account. I'm pretty sure you'll need Cataclysm to play either of the new races.

If the cost is Vanilla + Cataclysm plus 2 months subscriptions.. (pay for 3, but the first month paid credits an existing account with a month free) that's a lot better then adding Wrath and BC to the mix just for RAF.

I'd be tempted to go Vanilla accounts (for RAF) if I was leveling new toons up. But Vanilla and transfer costs are a lot less then Vanilla + BC + Wrath + Cataclysm + Transfers. If that was the case, you'd be better off with Vanilla accounts (RAF to 60th on the wrong faction) and then a faction transfer which is $30 I believe, probably less then BC + Wrath + Cataclysm on throw away accounts.

If you're doing the boosting thing, I'd only really look at a 58th (or 60th DK) if it was a new server. Just about any 80 will boost an order of magnitude better then any 60th.

Who is to say what will happen next year? I have heard RAF to 70, no RAF, also No Worgen or Gnome DK to start. I would worry about today, and let next year happen when it does.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

Personally I am not going to boost my first Worgen team.
    I am going to enjoy the new changes and hopefully to level in a fresh environment once more
    Valerion - Protection Paladin - 80
    Kawachi - Elemental Shaman - 80
    Kahachi - Elemental Shaman - 80
    Kazachi - Elemental Shaman - 80
    Kamachi - Elemental Shaman - 80

Didn't Blizz say they were unsure about allowing RAF for the new races/combos?

I am drawn to making a goblin, I have been whining for ages that goblin should be a playable race - so I can stand around saying whazzup!

I seriously doubt they will change RAF. It is there in the mainstream for a noob someone to have a painless opportunity to play with their friends and not have to solo grind the majority of the levels and consenting to dismissing a lot of the game experience. Plus give the veteran a method to make an alt painlessly.

Plenty of people would 'sure bob come over and play with us' and the person is stuck killing boars and cannot actually play with their real life friends for a few months they quit.

Also the average leveling rate from 70 to 80 was said to be much faster than they anticipated (in time people took to do it). Much faster than from 60 to 70.

I am not going to bother boosting a cataclysm team. I am just going to create the following:

Worgen Druid
    Worgen Priest
    Worgen Mage x 3

Although, I might get a 6th account and move all my solo toons into that account so I am not cluttering up my boxing accounts with my solo's

Then I might consider boosting the whole team to 50 using my level 80 (or 85) hunter

Well first of all if u have the worgen or goblins on your existing accounts with raf all u have to buy is vanilla wows lol. Then it allows you to boost them all the way to 60 as you wish and dont need to worry about extra wows. Sorry been thinking about this awhile sure i want to enjoy the new areas for a little while but dont want to waste to much time seeing how you only have 3 months of raf so meh dilemma time.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Well first of all if u have the worgen or goblins on your existing accounts with raf all u have to buy is vanilla wows lol. Then it allows you to boost them all the way to 60 as you wish and dont need to worry about extra wows. Sorry been thinking about this awhile sure i want to enjoy the new areas for a little while but dont want to waste to much time seeing how you only have 3 months of raf so meh dilemma time.
    I like your thinking. You're right, you can use disposable vanilla WoW's linked to your main accounts and just pitch them when all is said and done. I may do this after I've rolled my first Worgen group and enjoyed the content.
    I love the smell of electrocution in the morning!

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Without the expansion you can not "play" the new races or go into the new areas, even though some of them will be attached to the old world.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )