Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Bashing Bots?

Default Bashing Bots?

So I wanted to pose this question to the people here.

If botting is against the TOS of a game, do you feel getting the bot killed by helping it to attack more mobs than it should is a bad thing? Assuming this behavior is not against the TOS, would you do it?

I'm curious on what others think.

- Souca -
    This space for rent.

isn't that still harassment? I mean you do not know for sure it is a bot, could be someone running the same patterns and what not. I doubt they are real people, but I wouldn't want to take that chance in case they are real and report you.

just my opinion

Blog Entries

Well, botting is against the ToS.

I've played with a bot before.
    Found one which would /wave to me if I got near enough.
    If it ran up to a mob, I could do an instant cast and have it kill something for me.
    But it wouldn't leave a relatively small area of Felwood, so wasn't too helpful in my leveling.
    Still fun to play with them sometimes.

I could see a hunter dragging a bunch of mobs to the bot and then using Feign Death.

As long as you're not breaking TOS, they are fair game, IMHO.

Just be careful and make sure they are actually bots, tho.

Personally whenever i find a bot i attack it, (since they attack back) then kite it into a mob and let the mob kill it. Haha fun times, fun times. Once gave a bot full 100% repair bill for 4 days in a row.
    Interested in the worlds largest multiboxer guild for Classic WoW?
    <Overload> Multiboxer guild for end game raiding
    Server: Herod - NA-PvP, Eastern
    Faction: Horde
    Raid Time: 6pm-11pm EST on Sat, Sun, Tues.
    Discord:https://discord.gg/keWJpHF

If you manipulate a bot to help you kill mobs ... umm, you're botting.

Better to report to a GM and leave it alone, I think.
    MY MINIONS on Lightbringer US: Osaar (80 BE Paladin) - Esaar, Isaar, and Usaar (80 BE Warlocks) - Harmsworth (80 UD Priest)

Report the botter then do whatever you want to him. We had two bots..one ally and one horde near the cauldrons in icecrown. We all reported them but they were there for close to a month. I finished my dailie kill ally quests on him.

Even though you pretty much know it is a bot it isn't one until blizzard confirms it and bans them.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

I once discovered a bot in Stranglethorn Vale, on the western shore of the lake. I waited for him to engage one of the raptors he was grinding on and taunted it, then kited it to the bottom of the lake. The bot haplessly pursued, but failed to surface for air again

Best part of it? The bot had demonstrated an ability to run back to its corpse when I'd kited it through other mobs and got it killed, but ghosts can walk on water and you have to aim with your mouse to descend below the surface, something this bot clearly could not achieve as he did not rez again after that.

As we were same faction I was able to add him to my friends list and determine he remained online , no doubt floating in ghost form on the lake surface, for quite some time.
    Stopped multiboxing to experience raid content with friends.
    Was 2-boxing warlocks until Wrath.
    Regularly lurks, very occasionally posts.

I see bots all the time - there's a few spots in Icecrown and Storm Peaks where they tend to gather. I spotted one flying circles near Dun Niffelem, probably running a macro to spot the time-lost proto drake.

I report them, and report them a lot. Sometimes they go away for good, sometimes not. I browse the scummier botting sites once in a while to get a feel for what they're up to, and what scams they're running, to protect myself, and most of them seem focused on Wintergrasp and the Basin.

I really don't know why Blizzard has'nt done a massive ban wave, it's so overdue, what with all of the Wintergrasp botters, BG botters, and bots running all over Northrend. There's got to be a way to flag them all and get rid of them, so we can have a couple weeks without them. Even EVE Online recently had to do a massive bot ban wave, and I'm sure Aion will have to do one eventually.

There's no way to get rid of them, except to make anything of value, including gold, soulbound, but that would kill the game, and the pro exploiters would just focus more on leveling for you. "You need 100 stack ore? You buy service! Happy Ore! $19.99!"

Blog Entries

Blizz has historically done mass bans, all at once.
    Every now and then, on their site they announce they've banned so many people, usually in large numbers.

I read once, they've averaged a thousand accounts banned per day, just not necessarily banning people every day. Not sure how accurate that is.