Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default movement keys for alts

Well I got some good advice on focus macro for targeting, attacking and healing. I can easily change focus if one toon dies. The problem I have now is how do I control the alt toon? If the main dies I can set focus to an alt but right now I dont have anything setup that will make the other alt follow him. I had to unbind wsad movement on the alts so they were not walking everywhere like crazy.

Anyone have good tips on how to change over to alt toon when main dies on a 3 box 1 pc setup? The focus macros I have work great but its the whole changing to follow new main and moving him around.

Well, if you use keyclone its really easy...

First, I hope your focus macros focus the character, that you want to play. (so generally its your main, but if he dies, its the first alt, or so...)

Now, just add the W, A, S, D Keys to the do-not-pass-list in keyclone. Now you should only be able to control one char with the movement keys. Now (I think I like this word xD), if you change the focus, you only habe to click into the wow window of your actual focused char. You can control this char now with the movement keys, and the others will follow him...

This is how I do it, I do only have 3 chars, so the windows are big enough to see the world... dont know how it looks with 5 chars or so...

If your follow macro looks like this:

/follow [target=focus]

and you have the changing focus upon main's death figured out, should be NP (provided you can actually do the above, I haven't tried it ).

Lokked

Sweet! I didnt know about the keyclone dont pass setup. And I will change my follow macro and I should be cool to swap to any alt if the main dies.

Ok having some problems with
    /follow [target=focus]

I set focus with all my toons to
    /focus pinotnoir

So my main is focus and all my attack and healing macros work off focus. But when I try to do the above follow macro it says unknown target. Any ideas?

I changed the macro to this and it works.

/target focus
    /follow

Quote Originally Posted by pinotnoir

/target focus
    /follow
    Save your characters:

/tar focus
    /fol

Quote Originally Posted by amalgam

/target focus
    /follow
    Save your characters:

/tar focus
    /fol
    Hey hows 3 shadow priest do? I thought about doing 3 of those but decided on 3 shaman because I never played shaman past lvl 25.

/follow [target=focus]

/focus pinotnoir

So my main is focus and all my attack and healing macros work off focus. But when I try to do the above follow macro it says unknown target. Any ideas?
    Change your focus macro IMO; use F1-F5 to target Pinot (I'm assuming he's RL and will be F1 on everyone's keys) for the first time, and you can do it to someone else if he dies. Then have your focus macro:

/focus [target=focus,noexists][target=focus,dead]

You can also add a modifier key line to clear focus if you want, in a similar way to what I did above.

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar
    /follow [target=focus]

/focus pinotnoir

Change your focus macro IMO; use F1-F5 to target Pinot (I'm assuming he's RL and will be F1 on everyone's keys) for the first time, and you can do it to someone else if he dies. Then have your focus macro:

You can also add a modifier key line to clear focus if you want, in a similar way to what I did above.
    I just tried this out

It does not reset focus if I select a different target.