Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
    Blog Entries

Default Eclipse Toggle Question

Taken from Fursphere's Boomkin DPS thread: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23317

Quote Originally Posted by Owltoid View Post
    I haven't implemented it yet, but my plan is to set up a toggle in HKN that will allow me to change from casting wrath to starfire (and vice-versa) when eclipse procs.

If running one tank, three moonkin, and a resto druid, then i have to manage three eclipse procs. If the Proculas works like Fur described, then I should be able to configure each moonkin to send a customized message telling me when eclipe procs. I don't really care which spell they're casting at the time, since an eclipse proc means they need to be casting the other one.

Basically I will have three buttons that will control three toggles. I'll use F9, F10, and F11 for example. While the toggle is off, everytime my master hits "d" it will send my wrath button to each moonkin. As soon as I see a proc, for example from Moonkin 2, I plan to have Proculas send the message "F10" which will tell me to hit F10. When I hit F10 the HKN will toggle and every time I hit "d" it will send my starfire button to Moonkin 2 while still sending wrath to Moonkin 1 and 3. Obviously if they also proc eclipse then I hit their toggle buttons, F9 and F11 and they will start casting starfire. If Moonkin 2 procs eclipse based on starfire, then Proculas again tells me F10 and I hit my toggle which then reverts me back to sending wrath signals.

It should work well as long as my understanding of Proculas is correct. I'm guessing someone else will have time to actually implement this before I do, but it's on my to-do list. This should be able to work for any proc based class where switching between a couple spells is ideal.
    Anyone have an idea on how to do this in InnerSpace - ISBoxer Toolkit?

Zanthor has posted a few times - if another boxing software can do it, IS can too.

I'm not sure if we'd make a Keymap with a toggle, or if two steps would be better.
    I'd probably use MSBT to annouce when a given toon has a Proc.
    When a proc occurs, it will announce the keybind for that toon's toggle.

Basically not sure how to make a keymap which casts one spell by default (and can be spammed), but when we press the toggle hotkey is switches to the other spell, which can then be spammed instead.

I'd put this key in the 3rd slot of a click castsequence, but whether we're using the click sequence or not, it would probably be constructed the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

Another question, this time regarding mouse repeater regions.

On one of my teams, I have only the priest doing heals. I'd like to create a region, where any toon can click on Grid (I use GridCustomLayouts, with a persistent Grid display across all accounts), and it will send that click to only the priests window. The priest has Clique set up, with various heal types depending on left or right click and modifier keys.

However on my team of druids, I'd like to set it up so any druid can click on the repeater region, and every druid other then the active toon will receive the click. I've seen there's an option for KVM mode, within the repeater.

I'm just not sure how to configure a mouse repeater region so in one instance only one toon is receiving the forwarded clicks, while in another instance several toons are receiving the forwarded clicks.

Any assistance, for this topic or the original post, would be greatly appreciated.

For the key mapping question, there's a few things you can do. The easiest is probably to make a few different Key Maps, and start out with them unassigned. Use a Key Map Action to enable each one at the proper time. So, for example, maybe you have 3 Key Maps for this, and one of these Key Maps is assigned to your Character Set, making it the default. In each of these 3 Key Maps, you would have 1 Mapped Key for casting your spell, whichever spell needs to be cast depending on the Key Map (using the same Hotkey for each, but a different Key Combination for the WoW Macro Action). You would also add 1 or more Mapped Keys specifically for switching Key Maps, which would each have 2 Key Map Actions -- one to disable the already-active Key Map, and one to enable the one you want to switch to.

Repeater regions are per character. Until you hit the Sync button, the regions you configure in the current window are independent of the regions in the other window. So one thing you can do is set up the one most of them will use, hit Sync, then switch to the window you want to have a different one, and edit the regions there. Delete the existing region if you want, or hit the Clear button, then just add the new region that goes to the new targets.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

See if I am understanding this correctly...

For Eclipse:

I am currently spamming my "1" key, which is clicking three macro's.
    Macro 1 is Insect Swarm, recasting every 14 seconds.
    Macro 2 is Moonfire, recasting every 15 seconds.
    Macro 3 is a /Castrandom Wrath, Wrath, Starfire.

Instead of one master macro within warcraft, I make two master macro's.
    The first (A) is Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Wrath.
    The second (B) is Insect Swarm, Moonfire, Starfire.

Within InnerSpace, I have three Keymaps per druid.
    The 1st and 2nd of these keymaps are called by the "1" key.
    The first one sends wow the keybind for Master Macro (A).
    The second one sends wow the keybind for Master Macro (B).

I then make the final keymap per druid.
    Each druid has a separate hotkey to activate their keymap.
    Probably G7, G8, G9, G10 and G11.
    This keymap has 2 steps.
    Step 1 activates the first Keymap and deactivates the second Keymap for that specific Druid.
    Step 2 does the reverse.

I then use an addon like MSBT to announce which Druid has an Eclipse proc.
    The Eclipse message will be Press G7 (or whichever G-key that druid uses to switch).
    It doesn't matter whether the druid was casting Wrath or Starfire at the time of the proc.
    A proc means they benefit from casting the other spell, ie hitting their toggle G-key.

So initially spamming "1" will send wow the keybind for the IS/MF/Wrath click castsequence.
    Once I receive the "ECLIPSE - Press G7" message, I press G7.
    Having done so, I continue to spam "1", but now wow is receiving the keybind for IS/MF/SF click castsequence.

For Mouse Repeating:

With my mixed team, I'll be on the Feral Druid 99% of the time.
    On this team, I create a repeat region, and the target is 1 (which is the account the Priest is on).
    I then save it and am done.

For my 5x druid team, I'll be on each druid a lot, since they're the same and any can lead as easily as another.
    Since I want any click on Grid to be repeated by the others, I make a region per druid, then hit Sync.

For Mouse Repeating:

With my mixed team, I'll be on the Feral Druid 99% of the time.
    On this team, I create a repeat region, and the target is 1 (which is the account the Priest is on).
    I then save it and am done.

For my 5x druid team, I'll be on each druid a lot, since they're the same and any can lead as easily as another.
    Since I want any click on Grid to be repeated by the others, I make a region per druid, then hit Sync.
    No, from what you're saying you will do essentially the same thing for both teams, just picking a different target (I misunderstood what you said the first time around). For your mixed team the target is 1, and for your 5x druid team the target is "all". Hit Sync and any regions in your current window will be duplicated in all windows, hit Save and all windows save their current regions with the given set name (leave as "Auto" for it to auto-load, any other name and it must be manually activated).

The regions from one team will not interfere with the regions from the other team.

Your understanding of the key map idea is correct, though.
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Blog Entries

Thanks for the clarification on mouse repeater regions.

For Eclipse, that is a different approach, but the same result.

With the keymap approach, I press my toggle (3rd keymap for a druid).
    That disables a keymap, which is triggered by pressing 1 and sends the keybind for the IS/MF/Wrath click sequence.
    It also enables a keymap, which is triggered by pressing 1 and sends the keybind for the IS/MF/Starfire click sequence.
    I just need a toggle key for each druid, and an addon to announce Eclipse procs. Have the addon announce Druid A's ecplise as G7 and not Eclipse.

In the place of the toggle key, to enable one keymap and disable the other, I could go with a hotkey which swaps action bars.
    I personally like the first solution better, since I have essentially unlimited keymaps within IS but a finite number of wow macro's.

In either case, I'm spamming the "1" key for my click sequence.
    And sometimes it is doing IS/MF/Wrath and other times IS/MF/Starfire, all on the same spam key.

so you plan to have 4 (# of Druids) buttons on your screen controlling the spam toggle for each druid, while you are always spam the DPS key. hhhmmm nice idea.
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves