Close
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 39

Default New multibox tool; Ideal functions?

Hi guys,

I'm going to write my own multiboxing tool (as a free alternative to Keyclone and such), and was wondering what type of functions people think it should have.

Local key sharing
    Network key sharing
    Maximizer
    Automatic window detection
    Key ignore list

They seem like the obvious ones for me; anyone else got ideas? Could make a function for scripting but think this may cross the "bot" line (i.e. If you press "1", the program presses "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" with intervals between each).

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

mouse click coordination (for those annoying "click on ground" AoE's)
    Interested in the worlds largest multiboxer guild for Classic WoW?
    <Overload> Multiboxer guild for end game raiding
    Server: Herod - NA-PvP, Eastern
    Faction: Horde
    Raid Time: 6pm-11pm EST on Sat, Sun, Tues.
    Discord:https://discord.gg/keWJpHF

Profile setup for people with multiple teams with different settings.
    Some games require a 'lock to foreground' ability in order to broadcast keys, someth9ing to look into.
    Currently running 10 miners in Eve Online.

This weekend I started work on a little tool called JFBI (just f*cking broadcast it).

I'm a busy bee though, with spare time to code only at weekends, so if somebody else comes up with the following before I do then I won't even bother:

- Single host broadcasting of ALL keys, including extended keys to designated windows.
    - Open source (and therefore no "call home" nonsense).
    - Maximiser type functionality.
    - Open source.
    - Configurable "override" key to shut off broadcasting
    - Open source.

No ideas there, obviously, because I've always kept my boxing really, really, simple but if you manage to push an early version with that sort of functionality in (one I can build myself) then I'd be a happy beta tester!

Quote Originally Posted by Spunktank View Post
    Could make a function for scripting but think this may cross the "bot" line (i.e. If you press "1", the program presses "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" with intervals between each)
    yep. botting, dont do it.

otherwise, something to clicking in a certain area with a particular mouse button translates to a keypress on another screen.
    ie. left-mouse in this-square-of-screen-space (10,10 to 20,20 on main) is the same as Shift-Q on toon2.
    Last edited by confusedtx5 : 09-28-2009 at 06:57 AM

Alliance-Aman'thul

mouse broadcasting with on/off setting
    click through function (click on main, reacts on alt)
    RAF Tour Guide files are obsolete, I went to Zygor
    MultiBoxers play with themselves

If you can make it so my shamans fire gnomes instead of LBs it would be awesome. Just imagine the outcry... "OMG, That multiboxer is firing gnomes at me!"
    Anachronos EU
    Loladunus --> Paladin Tank (PvE) || Xuljin --> Shaman DPS (PvP)
    Buljin, Nuljin, Muljin --> Shaman DPS
    Tuljin --> Shaman Healer
    Chogup --> Powerwar's imp

Quote Originally Posted by Spunktank View Post
    Any ideas would be much appreciated.
    I would try and support the other tools where they are weak versus making a new multiplexer. If the multiplexers were open a bit with the net protocol you could feed to them or if they were hookable you could do the same.

Anyways, what I have been toying with:

* Button mash throttle, reduce same repeated keys on a key by key basis. So if you spaz out and hit backspace for your 'all nuke key 3 times per second, it will 'absorb' 2 of them if your throttle was at 1 per second.

* Log key events to hires timestamp log (timestamp, keybind, keyevent, flag/comment) for crazy people to look at with a separate tool. Flags might be throttled to dev null, keystroke underbuffered, etc.

* Load /wtf/account/${acct}/bindings-cache.wtf into the tool for planning your maps (you want to map 'G' to something in your Windows tool, the tool will already tell you that G is target previous noob, shift-B is OpenAllBags, etc. Useful for planning keys. Pick a addon like BindPad and allow some further planning such as "bind ALT-G CLICK BindPadMacro:gnf" and possibly laying that out a bit.

* Detect end user lag to a degree to smartly tell the user they are boned for video or similar. So the time it takes to shuffle a window and the cpu spike occurs (see above log). So comment 'max cpu' or 'disk trash' or 'virtual memory cap hit'

So a multiplexer and a service that monitors the system a bit as well as the multiplexer and its targets.

EDIT: And reads mail and does twitter.

To be a serious contender in the software area here's a list of absolute minimums

Easy to use
    Easy to setup
    Instant PiP swap
    Networkable
    Keymap / Hotkey configuration
    Easy drop in macro creation

Sit in IRC all day and answer questions about your product.
    Sit on a forum all day and answer questions about your product.

It would be nice to see all this in a free product, GL.

The one thing I would love to see is the ability to edit keybinds, macro's, interface, and video for multiple toons.