Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: WoW Ratings

Default WoW Ratings

Hey all,
    I've just come up with another useless-but-hopefully-fun website, called WoW Ratings :-)

Feel free to have a look and share around :-)

any feedback is welcome, here, on in the guest book of http://www.wow-ratings.com
    Also discussed in the WoW general forums: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=20140804911

Cheers,
    -Zup (aka Soap on WoW Ratings)
    Last edited by Zub : 09-28-2009 at 08:12 PM Reason: Changed the URL to the new dot com one
    .[I

Would love to get some feedback, about the idea, the content, the look & feel etc. good, bad, ugly..
    In short, what you guys think :-)

It's not a wow gold site or a keylogger, it not in competition with d-b.com and it doesn't have anything to buy, I promise .
    Cheers,
    -Zub
    Last edited by Zub : 09-24-2009 at 11:32 AM
    .[I

Getting a bit of momentum, so I grabbed an official dot com domain for this, http://www.wow-ratings.com
    Also being discussed on the wow general forums http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...Id=20140804911

Cheers,
    -Zub / Soap
    .[I

Really cool.

I can see why its getting noticed. Great job

Thanks Fat Tire.
    My old free web host doesn't seem to have the bandwith it requires and people are getting some broken images, or failing ajax requests, so i'm moving to a more official web hosting provider.
    Hopefully this will improve the dnload times and overall stability
    .[I

Bumping this as i'd really love to get more feedback.
    .[I

Was hoping to get more feedback, added lots of new features, like the possibility to reply to comments and rate up/down, reputation levels for posters etc :-)
    .[I

great look and feel even down to you /reload gui hover overs - lol, very nice
    snappy response when getting new screens
    easy to navigate

I was looking through the site and I know this is a lot of typing but how about an overview/background story/pics of what's being rated. ie The Deadmines blah blah blah van clief blah blah blah
    just to prompt peoples memories and get more opinions.

Also is it possible to tie in latest wow news from blizz and other sources to each category and also maybe infrastrucure changes, I'm sure you'd get a bunch of feedback about the battlenet change

edit: and one other thing, wish I'd thought of it first lol
    Last edited by Simulacra : 10-16-2009 at 11:19 PM

Hi Simulacra, thanks for the feedback.

I have the database set up for some descriptive text of the items, but just haven't got to fill them all in.
    There 500+ of them :-(.
    I think the professions have descriptions as an example.

Not sure about the wow news stuff. There are plenty of websites that do that, and i don't want to get away from the vote/comment idea too much.

ACtually, i just added a new thing to rate: Your SCREENSHOTS.
    Got a good shot you took ? upload it and get people voting/commenting on it!
    just select "screenshot" from the menu on theleft, then select a category and add at will :-)

cheers,
    -Soap
    .[I

Blog Entries

Well you could have voting on news, for if people like or dislike a given change.
    Or just focus on things actually in the game.

Either way, nice site. Didn't have a chance yesterday to check it out in a lot of detail (the bad yawns had already kicked in). It looks like it has a lot of promise.

Good luck with it.