Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Default (Heroic) Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom - Herald Volazj

I'm having a hard time beating Herald Volazj when he cast insanity, how are people dealing with your toons each being in a different phase. I'm using Isboxer and I've set a hot key to target nearest enemy on each and spamming the dps and heal buttons. I'm running 1x prot pally and 4 elemental shaman with pretty decent gear but I'm losing 2-3 toons on the first insanity. As a side not I have him down to about 40% health by the time he is done casting the first insanity.
    --{Blackhand - Horde}--
    Khorrath, Khurne, Nekrenga, Dragarn, Rexxai

The first time I did this boss it probably took me about 8 minutes to down him. I ended up with just my druid healer and my paladin left up and slowly DPS'd him through his last 30% or so after losing most of my team.

I've found that popping fire elemental during the first insanity can help to get all the adds down. Also manually going through each toon and targeting your healer mirror image first can be a really helpfull.

Man i thought he skipped the first insanity if u get him to a certain hp level. I had him to 80k hp left and he casted insanity. Did the 4 ele shamans 3 fire ele heroism pally wings. I just need to know at what point he will skip the first one giving me time for the second one.
    They say spiders have 8 legs well i guess im a rare and unimaginable specimen. Ive got 9 legs and my web comes from that 9th leg. HaHa.

Quote Originally Posted by suicidesspyder View Post
    Man i thought he skipped the first insanity if u get him to a certain hp level. I had him to 80k hp left and he casted insanity. Did the 4 ele shamans 3 fire ele heroism pally wings. I just need to know at what point he will skip the first one giving me time for the second one.
    i believe he will skip the first one if you get him to the point where he's supposed to cast the second.
    in short, get him to 30% before he finishes to cast the first insanity (he'll start around 70%) and he'll start casting the second instead of finishing the first.
    that will leave you another 5-6 seconds to finish him off.
    .[I

Quote Originally Posted by lamf123 View Post
    I'm having a hard time beating Herald Volazj when he cast insanity, how are people dealing with your toons each being in a different phase. I'm using Isboxer and I've set a hot key to target nearest enemy on each and spamming the dps and heal buttons. I'm running 1x prot pally and 4 elemental shaman with pretty decent gear but I'm losing 2-3 toons on the first insanity. As a side not I have him down to about 40% health by the time he is done casting the first insanity.
    While in Insanity you can try and use your interact with target key and then your formation key (break follow/ IWTmove). This will face your casters with whoever hit them first (sine they will have auto-targeted it)
    then spam dps key.
    every now and again, hit IWT again and continue dps.
    Eventually you'll have your adds down on some toons and things will get simpler.

If you have some toons with total immunity (ice block, shields... ) make sure you use them to save time, so that your main will be able to help once he's done with his toons.
    Your healer should probably just spam heals on himself if he's doing weak dmg.

my first runs i would always finish with only my tank and healer.
    .[I