Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Druid Healing macro help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to set up a healing macro on my druid (Well a bunch of them) to make the healing easier. Ideally what I want is for the macro to cast whatever spell on:

My focus
    Unless I hold Alt then cast on me
    Unless I hold Ctrl then cast on my target
    Unless I have a mouseover then cast on the mouseover.

Basically it all works except for the control modifier. Here's the macro:

/cast [mod:alt, target=player][target=mouseover, exists, nodead, noharm][modifier:ctrl, target=target, exists, nodead, noharm][target=focus] Lifebloom

Any thoughts as to why the ctrl modifier isn't working but all the others are?

Thanks.

Stu-rat

It will use the first true condition, so you generally want mod:X before other cases, or you will need to add explicit nomod instructions there.

Also, target=target is kinda...pointless. If you have the slave target you first, then target=targettarget would be "my target"...otherwise there are equivalents like party1target etc which you could look at, but somehow it needs to know WHOSE target in order to check it. Using target=target just means "your target is your target" i.e. it is really bloody pointless (if valid) code.

Lifebloom is a "help" spell, i.e. you can't cast it on hostile mobs. The noharm conditional is pointless in this macro. Likewise you can't cast it on dead people, or nonexistant people, so it would automatically evaluate a given statement to false if those came up.

Thanks. So with all that how do I get it to use the ctrl mdifier to cast the spell on my target?

Or might I be better off using the ctrl modifier to cast on the focus and then my target would be the default recipient if none of the other conditions are true?
    Last edited by sturat : 12-07-2009 at 11:39 PM

Which mod you use for what doesn't matter. What matters is that you either need to target your leader at some point, or have them as a focus, or know which party member number they will be, or SOMETHING so that you can reference their target. Unfortunately Sturattarget is not valid syntax.

/cast [mod:alt, target=player][modifier:ctrl, target][target=mouseover][target=focus] Lifebloom

would that work and be more elegant?

Same question as before: how the heck do your slaves know who the leader is?

Well in this particular case it isn't for multi-boxing it's for my solo druid healer. I've just found that nowhere else seems to know macros as well as this community.

The reason I want all the modifiers is that As a holdover from tanking I do best with keybimdings rather than clicking and I feel this will give me quick and smooth access to healing the party with a minimum of effort once I'm comfortable with it.

Stu

On my G-13 Keypad, I have the 5 top buttons corresponding to each of my characters. When I push the buttons 1 through 5 they do:
    /target character name
    /castsequence Rejuvenation, Regrowth

When I do Shift 1 through Shift 5 they do:
    /target character name
    /cast Healing Wave (I'm at work so maybe I mistaken the spell name. I'm only level 63 so I don't have the better healing spell)

I got a question on this. In order my buttons to correspond correctly with GRID, I invite my characters in sequence from my Tanks perspective. Can I do this? Replace /target Character Name to /target party1

See, this is why we state clearly what we want instead of confusing the tar out of people. O_o

Quote Originally Posted by sturat View Post
    Ideally what I want is for the macro to cast whatever spell on:

My focus
    Unless I hold Alt then cast on me
    Unless I hold Ctrl then cast on my target
    Unless I have a mouseover then cast on the mouseover.
    Try this. IIRC it should work and should be the most concise form for what you want. There may need to be additional conditionals to force it to move on in some cases, let me know if you can break it.

#showtooltip
    /cast [target=mouseover][mod:ctrl][mod:alt,target=self][target=focus] Lifebloom

Thank you very much for the help, I'll give it a shot when I get home and let you know if I can break it.