Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 20

Default Feral Druid Macros for DPS and Tanking

I've searched everywhere for cat (DPS) and bear (tanking) macros for my new Druid. These were the best I could come up with.
    Hopefully someone here can improve them.

Cat macros when behind the target.

Main macro
    /startattack
    /click BT4Button20
    /click BT4Button21
    /click BT4Button22

BT4Button20 Macro
    /castsequence reset=target Faerie Fire (Feral), null

BT4Button21 Macro
    /castsequence reset=7 Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5), Rake(Rank 7),Savage Roar(Rank 1), Shred(Rank 9),Shred(Rank 9), Rake(Rank 7), Shred(Rank 9), Shred(Rank 9), Rip(Rank 9),

BT4Button22 Macro
    /castsequence reset=30/target Tiger's Fury(Rank 6),,,,,,

Cat macros when not behind the target.

Main macro
    /startattack
    /click BT4Button20
    /click BT4Button23
    /click BT4Button22

BT4Button23 macro
    /castsequence reset=7 Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5), Rake(Rank 7),Savage Roar(Rank 1), Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5),Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5), Rake(Rank 7), Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5), Mangle (Cat)(Rank 5), Rip(Rank 9),

Bear macro
    /cast Maul
    /click BT4Button24
    /click BT4Button25

BT4Button24 macro
    /castsequence reset=30 Demoralizing Roar(), null

BT4Button25 macro
    /castsequence reset=13 Mangle (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Lacerate, Mangle (Bear)(), Swipe(Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe(Bear)()

Any help with improvements to these macros would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by BGuru : 09-15-2009 at 10:11 AM Reason: Changed title

Surely someone has got to have some better macros than these. I'm thinking of using rip manually as sometimes it doesn't cast.

Anyone have any updates to these macros since i am looking at using a druid tank
    Team 1 Pally 4 x shaman

Team 2 Pally not sure of the rest yet

Blog Entries

I didn't have a whole lot of success with a Bear tank in my mixed group.
    Was running Disc Priest, Bear Tank and the others the same as below.
    I switched each class to dps... Shadow Priest, Frost Mage, Boomkin, Elem Shammy, Affliction Warlock.

Not sure that my macro for the bear was the best, but I was using...

#show Maul
    /click MultiBarRightButton1
    /click MultiBarRightButton2

Button 1
    /castsequence reset=combat Faerie Fire, Enrage, Demoralizing Roar, Null

Button 2
    /castsequence reset=combat Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe(Bear)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Maul, Swipe(Bear)()

My problem was not enough threat on secondary targets. I'd frequently find a DPS had pulled threat from the tank via Chain Lightning or that the healer had via Renew + Penance taken aggro from a secondary target.

I found the Pally using a 96969 macro allows my 4x shammies on the other team to do as much AoE as they want without the ability to take threat.

Not sure that my macro is the best, but its another option to consider.

bumping this! Just started tanking with my druid on a second team. looking to see if any others have anything to add/change with what has been posted so far.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Lyonheart View Post
    bumping this! Just started tanking with my druid on a second team. looking to see if any others have anything to add/change with what has been posted so far.
    I've tanked ToC 10 and everything previous (ulduar 10 hard modes, ulduar 25)

with this:

Code:
    /cast maul
    /castsequence reset=3 Mangle (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Lacerate, Mangle (Bear)(), Swipe (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe (Bear)()
    It's great for single target threat, for multiple mobs, I spam swipe and mix this in with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    I've tanked ToC 10 and everything previous (ulduar 10 hard modes, ulduar 25)

with this:

Code:
    /cast maul
    /castsequence reset=3 Mangle (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Lacerate, Mangle (Bear)(), Swipe (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe (Bear)()
    It's great for single target threat, for multiple mobs, I spam swipe and mix this in with it.

works like a charm! Thx!
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Just the few I use:

Pulling with FFF
    #showtooltip
    /cast Faerie Fire (Feral)
    /startattack

My main tanking Macro. Since we're not rage starved at all, I combine this with Maul on raid bosses to keep ahead of those aggro hungry DPSr's. =P I don't macro a lot of my tanking abilities just out of personal preference. The other macros others have posted look great tho.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6 Mangle (Bear)(Rank 5), Lacerate, Lacerate, Lacerate
    /startattack

Swipe/Maul (this is a rage chewer on mobs that don't hit very hard and hence leave you rage starved, just FYI)
    #showtooltip
    /cast swipe (bear)
    /cast maul
    /startattack

Some seldom used but sometimes useful macros for initial aggro

If your worried about initial aggro in Heroics.
    /castsequence [nostance, target=player] reset=target/combat Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Nature's Grasp, Dire Bear Form

Same as the above but without Regrowth
    /castsequence [nostance, target=player] reset=target/combat Rejuvenation, Nature's Grasp, Dire Bear Form
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

For Heroics- My pull key has swipe on it also. When they get to me I get in 2 swipes, make sure they land, then go to the tanking sequence. If I do this the aoe won't pull them off.

My sequence is a mangle, lacerate, swipe, lacerate rotation. I want to keep ahead on the threat and lacerate/swipe have a high threat modifier.

I don't raid with my bear. I only do 5 mans. If I attend a raid it is always on a shaman lol.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

As an old school bear tank (from the days when swipe was crap) I use a hurricane pull so I do not lose AoE threat. I also have FFF set to fire at my focus target if it exists so that I can keep ranged targets that I cant LoS on me if they are not in melee range (mainly for ToC)

Aoe pulls is pretty much swipe spam
    Single taget is similar to Svper's (not logged in to check right now but looks very similar)

I use ISBoxer Keymaps to switch between single target and aoe