Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 20 of 20

I use ISBoxer Keymaps to switch between single target and aoe
    How do you do this? (yes im a noob at isboxer).
    Grim Batol EU (Horde) PVP
    Guild: GIMP

5x Druids = 5x FUN

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    I've tanked ToC 10 and everything previous (ulduar 10 hard modes, ulduar 25)

with this:

Code:
    /cast maul
    /castsequence reset=3 Mangle (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Lacerate, Mangle (Bear)(), Swipe (Bear)(), Faerie Fire (Feral)(), Mangle (Bear)(), Lacerate, Swipe (Bear)()
    It's great for single target threat, for multiple mobs, I spam swipe and mix this in with it.
    I'm curious how you mix this in. Do you just swipe and burn through the cooldown of it by pressing this macro? That seems like it'd make the most sense, but I just ask, since I noticed Swipe was also in the macro itself. So I was just curious.

I want to put it on a single spam macro using a /click and two buttons if needbe, so I was curious how it was done.

And since I haven't said it enough yet.... curious.

WoW Teams Retired - Playing FFXIV For Now

Tagging for Bear Tanking!

My 5 x Druids are only 63 so I'm still at an experimental stage. I was able to do Ramparts with these macros. Tomorrow I'll start Citidel and see how the macros pan out. Let me see if I can remember off the top of my head what I used. I don't have Lacerate yet, but as soon as I reach level 66 that will be incorporated.

Macro: Mob Attack:
    /click ActionButton1
    /click ActionButton2
    /click ActionButton3

For a Boss I added Demoralizing Shout. I don't start off with it though, I have the macro setup to do the other actions first to establish a bit of threat. here is what I use for bosses.
    Macro Boss Attack:
    /click ActionButton1
    /click ActionButton2
    /click ActionButton3
    /click ActionButton4
    /click ActionButton5

Macro for ActionButton1:
    /castsequence reset=target Faerie Fire (Feral),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Macro for ActionButton2:
    /castsequence reset=target Swipe

Macro for ActionButton3:
    /castsequence reset=target Maul,

Macro for ActionButton4:
    /castsequence reset=target Demoralizing Shout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Macro for ActionButton5:
    /castsequence reset=target Mangle,,,,

Basically this is how it goes, if I can explain it right. The "," represent how many button pushes it will wait before trying to initiate it. So for example the SWIPE macro. I put only 1 comma there. Otherwise every button push will try and use SWIPE unless your pushing buttons like crazy. I leave room for at least 1 comma so if my MAUL is ready, the macro will push MAUL. You notice I have 2 commas on that to wait for at least 2 more button pushes before trying to initiate it again. Since Mangle has a 6 second cooldown anyway, I have at least 4 commas on it to skip at least 4 of my button mashing.

All this comma stuff really depends on how quickly you push the buttons. You'll have to adjust to it according to how quickly you push buttons. If your patient and steady with it, and have the rage, it seems to sequence rather nicely. Incase people are wondering about why 30 commas on Faerie Fire. Well the debuff stays on target for 5 minutes. So I'm not in a rush to sequence that spell all the time. You do see however the button macros say "target=reset." Well as soon as one mob is dead and I target another, since its a new target, and the first "/click" sequence is for Faerie Fire so it tosses that on the new target to start off. It's a nice thing to use when pulling a target to ya. I push my Mob Macro button that casts faerie fire, and I just move off to LOS them to a make them come together, push my Mob Macro again and it does swip (the next sequence of the /click macro). Hope all this makes alot of sense.

All this ideas I got from EatCarbs guy that made alot of awesome videos.
    Last edited by terrhian : 12-08-2009 at 02:22 AM

Also on the Tank, I have 2 buttons with the same Mob Macro button and 2 buttons with the same Boss Macro button. But on the other 3 DPS Druids I have only 1 button setup for mob attacks, and 1 button setup for boss attacks. Why? Well when I push <6> on my keyboard, only my Tank is attacking the mob, DPS is just chillen. But when I push <7> my Tank is still following its macro sequence, but now my DPS is kicking in on the action. Here are the macros I use for my 3 Boomkins.

Mob Macro for Boomkin:
    /assist Thexeclone
    /click ActionButton3

Boss Macro for Boomkin:
    /assist Thexeclone
    /click ActionButton1
    /click ActionButton2
    /click ActionButton3

Macro for ActionButton1:
    /cast sequence reset=target Insect Swarm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Macro for ActionButton2:
    /cast sequence reset=target Moonfire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Macro for ActionButton3:
    /castrandom Wrath, Starfire

I give all credit to EatCarbs. I don't know if he's on this forums, but he's on the other Multiboxing forum. He has an awesome post on how he sets up macros. My explanation doesn't do justice.

Good luck!
    Last edited by terrhian : 12-07-2009 at 05:35 AM

He's here too.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ridere View Post
    I'm curious how you mix this in. Do you just swipe and burn through the cooldown of it by pressing this macro? That seems like it'd make the most sense, but I just ask, since I noticed Swipe was also in the macro itself. So I was just curious.

I want to put it on a single spam macro using a /click and two buttons if needbe, so I was curious how it was done.

And since I haven't said it enough yet.... curious.

Sorry I haven't replied to this sooner

I have 2 buttons I tank with, 1 for when I want single target threat (I'm glyphed for maul) so when I have 2 or fewer targets alive, I spam this macro. When there are more than 2 targets alive, I spam a 2nd key that is just swipe. Both keys relay the DPS Spam key to all slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    Sorry I haven't replied to this sooner

I have 2 buttons I tank with, 1 for when I want single target threat (I'm glyphed for maul) so when I have 2 or fewer targets alive, I spam this macro. When there are more than 2 targets alive, I spam a 2nd key that is just swipe. Both keys relay the DPS Spam key to all slaves.
    No worries on the delayed reply. Your macro works great. I downed Gundrak and UK my first night of boxing without a single death, and got two of the three extra "fluff" achievements in Gundrak. Didn't know about the Less Rabi one, so i'm working on that now with a wind shear cast sequence I've since also gotten the "on the rocks" achievement in UK, though that one was a tad tricky with worry about the adds and such.

I also have also added culling of stratholme to my list, and my young little bear tank is starting to get pretty good.

My main issue is picking up adds that may run back to shamans and then the resulting healing required.

I really need to work out better healing macros.

I'll tell you what, though, four healing stream totems (one taltented/glyphed), earth shield and riptide basically means my healer spams lightning bolts during the fight :P it's pretty awesome.

WoW Teams Retired - Playing FFXIV For Now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seldum View Post
    How do you do this? (yes im a noob at isboxer).

For your bear toon, you need three keymaps.

Keymap #1 will be the existing FTL DPS key, that you use for your bear macro.

Keymap #2 will be a new FTL DPS key, that will be your swipe key.
    We make this new key, by copying the original FTL DPS key of the bear macro.
    But changing it, so the target is only your bear toon.

It has the same hotkey to activate as the FTL DPS key.
    It only targets/affects the bear toon.
    The output key combination will be different.
    Point it to the keybind for your Swipe ability.
    Or have it do a warcraft macro for Swipe (if you do your macros within IS Boxer).

Keymap #3 will be a toggle.
    So we will give it two steps.
    On Step 1, we want to enable the original FTL DPS keymap for our Bear toon.
    On Step 1, we want to disable the new FTL DPS keymap (swipe) for our Bear toon.
    On Step 2, we do the reverse for both of these actions.

If you want, you can include Pop Up Text on the screen, alerting you to which version you are on.

The toggle is done like this: Actions >> Key Map Action >> New Mapped Key State Action.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

I updated my macro a bit. I lost less threat from group mobs with just using Faerie Fire (Feral), Swipe, Maul rotation.

I'm looking forward to more videos by EatCarbs. (^_^)