Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Unhappy Hellfire Rampants

So i tried hellfire rampants with my 5box team--

- 66 prot warrior
    - 62 frost mage x 2
    - 62 shaman x 2 (restro, elemental)

all was good til the last boss.. i simply just couldnt get thru the last dragon.. the aoe was so painful that i was wiped 3 times and finally decided to give up..

anyone has some tatics for killing this dragon?

i dun wanna make my first 5box run a disappointment...
    Nobodyz is perfect. I am Nobodyz.

You can just sit up on the top of the bridge and nuke the dragon as he comes around. You can get him down to 1% this way, so that after you kill the rider, and he comes down, you nuke him once and he dies.

The fire aoe is painful at that level unless you have fire resists up. Alternatively, find someone to make you 5 or 10 fire resist pots and use those to get through it. Keep your grounding totems going down every time the cooldown is up and that'll eat a bunch of the fireballs while he's flying around. If you keep him turned away from your team once he lands, he won't fire puddle your alts and they can just stand there and DPS. Spell reflect his fire breath maybe? Not sure if that'll work but it's worth a shot. Also, use dampen magic to help with fire magic damage. Fire resistance totem too for every little bit of help.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

thanks for the tips.. i just recalled i didnt have anything buffs on while fighting him except for earth shield.. lolz...

no dampen magic, no fire resist totems... haha.. i need to practice more on my 5 box.. haha.. i shall try again today..

But even without resists, you can avoid the fire damage entirely by standing in fron of the 2 mobs without aggroing, and dpsing the dragon as he flys around. get about 20% down each time around, and when hes at 1% (u cant kill him so dont hold back) then start the event, and nuke down the rider, and collect loot.

Also, why frost? to me, frost is better for soloing, survivability. My mages arae arcane now, but they were fire.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran View Post
    But even without resists, you can avoid the fire damage entirely by standing in fron of the 2 mobs without aggroing, and dpsing the dragon as he flys around. get about 20% down each time around, and when hes at 1% (u cant kill him so dont hold back) then start the event, and nuke down the rider, and collect loot.

Also, why frost? to me, frost is better for soloing, survivability. My mages arae arcane now, but they were fire.
    i killed the 2 guards and went for him straight... shd have do it otherwise.. haha..

i get frost for the slow and blizzard aoe.. i guess not now since i use warrior as tank and shaman's chain lightning seems alot better.. (no window switching and mouse clicking)

are arcane the best for multi boxing?

Hey, I didn't know about that ! Too bad all my groups are passed that level (except for my 5xDKs, but the strategy doesn't really apply there).

For the rest, yes, this fire damage is really tough when the boss is attempted at level. Very strong contrast with the rest of the instance.

i remember in one video.. u could pull the mobs and run back to the far end of the bridge and kill them so you wont aggro the guy riding the dragon.. after that you could dps the dragon to 1% before it land and kill him.. not sure if this is a better way?

Confirmed. Didn't think she flew that close but yeah. Just walk up just outside of aggro range of the two guards at the bottom of the ramp, then shoot her when she flies by. She'll regen between passes but it's normal regen, not the full regen mobs do when resetting. Works like a charm. And if you DoT her up when she drops off Vazruden, she'll die as soon as she lands. :P Nice tip.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

It really works ! I've tried it and works.. got the dragon to 1 hp and kill the guards.. after that rush at the dragon and boom ! all dead. .. thanks for all the help man..