Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Lightbulb Razorgore Strategy in BWL

Hiya,

Not sure if this is of any use to anyone, but this is how I do Razorgore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECdRyBq35Mw

I used to use the little alcove behind the ramps to ensure my chars were facing the mobs, but I dont bother any more as they dont take much damage.

have you done chromaggus lately?
    last time i checked we got powned because we got got up to 5 debuffs per tick ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamella View Post
    have you done chromaggus lately?
    last time i checked we got powned because we got got up to 5 debuffs per tick ...
    I drop a cleansing totem to take care of the poision & disease debuffs, and put one shaman on decurse duty. I'd rather remove the magic debuff than the curse, but that would have to be done by the paladin and I don't want to fuss about with tanking and cleansing.

The team don't seem to take much damage as long as he's tanked facing away from them, and they don't over aggro.

Quote Originally Posted by SmartJelly View Post
    I'd rather remove the magic debuff than the curse, but that would have to be done by the paladin and I don't want to fuss about with tanking and cleansing.
    An easy way to get this done is a mouseover cleanse macro.
    Just bind "/cast [target=mouseover] Cleanse" to a key of your choice. While tanking, just mouse over the party member and hit the hotkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Klesh View Post
    An easy way to get this done is a mouseover cleanse macro.
    Just bind "/cast [target=mouseover] Cleanse" to a key of your choice. While tanking, just mouse over the party member and hit the hotkey.
    Yeah, I have one of those, but I have to stop casting my tanking sequence to use it, which is the same button as my dps/healing/etc... I may try adding a /stopcasting to it, but I'm lazy... maybe one day (edit: actually I'll give this a go next week and put the decurser back on dps duty)

I have found aggro to be an issue on this boss due to stuns and magic debuffs, so I'd rather just let the tank do his thing as that seems to be a consistent winner for me
    Last edited by SmartJelly : 08-27-2009 at 08:32 AM

Yeah, I have one of those, but I have to stop casting my tanking sequence to use it, which is the same button as my dps/healing/etc... I may try adding a /stopcasting to it, but I'm lazy... maybe one day (edit: actually I'll give this a go next week and put the decurser back on dps duty)

I have found aggro to be an issue on this boss due to stuns and magic debuffs, so I'd rather just let the tank do his thing as that seems to be a consistent winner for me
    Ahh, kk. Am mouse-clicking my paladin abilities, so it's kinda easy to mouse over to the nameplates and hit my cleanse hotkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere View Post
    Do you guys use the decursive mod? I just did Chromagnus couple of days ago, and I was just decursing like crazy with the paladin... worked out in the end.
    Am not running any mods except of recount to see my casters performance. Am kind of a WoW purist.

Oh, and my druid is using proculas. Awesome addon, finally the druid is able to keep up with the shamans, thanks for posting that one Fursphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere View Post
    Well, the encounter wasn't done back in the day without mods. In fact it was extremely difficult WITH an automatic decursing solution (pre-2.0 nerf).

So you might be a purist, but WoW Raids have never supported that gameplay very well.
    Ya, am not raiding though. Doing old world raids just for fun (the achievement) and for mounts (how I hate you High Priest Thekal).

I added the cleanse mouseover ability to my tanking macro. If I'm mousing over a helpful target, it tries to cleanse, otherwise, it proceeds with the tanking rotation. I don't have to stop spamming my key.

Only problem with that is you need to watch where you keep your mouse, if it's over a unitframe or player you'll be stuck trying to cleanse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocalypse View Post
    I added the cleanse mouseover ability to my tanking macro
    Hmmm, pop a modifier in there and we could be onto a winner fortunately I still have control & alt free.