Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default Underbog boosting

I've heard this is the best BC instance for boosting, I've got 2 toons I wanna boost to 71 so I can AV grind. Seems a lot of people asking for Underbog runs in trade too.

Anyone done this before and know a good method? Using a 80 prot pally to do it. My alt and 2 other people I boost will be able to aoe stuff down as well.

Ok so... underbog is nice so far. Can do everything up to the second boss in 1 pull. taking about 1-1.5 hours per level on the toons. Not sure how it'll do up to 70 though.

Tried some others:
    - Mana tombs: crap. 1 small pull before boss, next big pull has aoe healing priests and all the mobs stay at 100% hp forever.

- Sethekk Halls: worthless. tank gets charmed every 5 seconds and group wipes

- Crypts: not enough mobs, not enough elites

What else?
    Just do underbog to 58 and then Uk to 71? A lot of people are paying 50g a run for underbog though

I have been boosting in Shattered Halls all the way through to 70. My Shaman are currently 67 and a bit.

Once they hit exalted with Honor Hold I was thinking of going to Magistars Terrace. The reason I havn't gone to any Northrend instances is I am waiting on the Battle.Net Account Merge Cooldown so they can go on the same accounts as my WOTLK accounts.

I did Underbog till about 64 - and those Sanguine Hybiscus sell for heaps on the AH - was making alot of money as you can turn them in for rep - but I had to change it up for Shattered Halls because my brain was hurting. I'm hating Shattered Halls but only have 5k rep to go - then I might as well finish of my mains rep in Magistars.

I boost with Shattered Halls from lvl 65-68 then to Northern. Use 80 pal in pvp gear with some lvl 80 crafted defense gear. can solo instances with out healing and makes good exp runs. at 71 go to AV. much faster exp per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Diwa View Post

If you listen to the video he says no one is getting XP the only thing he said about bringing lowbies into kara was about gearing them up. So Kara <> XP
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

you do get xp in kara at 68+ he said they werent because he was there with 3 other 80's

http://www.wowwiki.com/Formulas:Mob_XP

(elites in instances give 2.5 * XP when solo-ed; untested for normal mobs in instances - Stilpu) (confirmed zero XP at lv 58 in Molten Core, at lv 69 in Karazhan and Zul'Aman. confirmed XP gain in Zul'Gurub when a lv 56 dinged 57 but exact amount earned is unknown - Ishotala) (Some monsters, like in the Amphitheater of Anguish, give the doubled exp PER player. If you do those quests with less than five players, you'll get more experience than this formula. The total amount of exp they deliver is 10 * normal_XP. Has to be confirmed, through. pikachuyann)
    So wowwiki is usually dead on with most of the information. Did they recently change this?
    [spoiler][/spoiler]Shaone,Shatwo,Shathree,Shafour,Shafive
    <Zero Tolerance>
    Level: 70
    Server: Azgalor
    Race: Orc / Blood Elf

Only boost until 68 then do the starter areas in northrend til 71. You will need the gear upgrades for when you do AV anyway.

When I boosted through UB I only needed to level 3 guys so I took a resto sham with my prot pally. I put on earth shield and grabbed everything up until the ramp. Ran back to the start where they are parked and aoe'd them down. It gives about 15% a level when rested and takes about 10 mins including the looting. It can probably be done with bubbles and lay on hands but the damage really starts to hurt with all those guys hitting on you.
    Prot Paladin, tank/resto Druid, 2xResto Shaman, 3xElemental Shaman, Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, Arcane Mage PVE
    10x shamans PVP

Quote Originally Posted by Smoooth View Post
    Only boost until 68 then do the starter areas in northrend til 71. You will need the gear upgrades for when you do AV anyway.

When I boosted through UB I only needed to level 3 guys so I took a resto sham with my prot pally. I put on earth shield and grabbed everything up until the ramp. Ran back to the start where they are parked and aoe'd them down. It gives about 15% a level when rested and takes about 10 mins including the looting. It can probably be done with bubbles and lay on hands but the damage really starts to hurt with all those guys hitting on you.
    If you try to avoid pulling the bottom part until the end, and also jump off the edge into the water after you pull the naga, you can do it one bubble, sometimes none. The trick is to strafe the whole way through so you can using avoidance, and use seal of light to heal yourself back up before running back. When you get back you need to angle yourself in a corner, I had a few where the mobs would still get behind me and I'd need to lay on hands, but if you do it right you should stay near 100% hp with seal of light while you're killing the pull.